Well, it finally happened...

Scolai

The Rona caught up to me. The results came back this afternoon.

On Monday evening I made a cheeseburger with grilled onions. One bite and I knew something was up. Now I can't smell or taste anything. I ate a small bag of Doritos earlier; it felt like eating cardboard.

Besides being tired, the worst of it is a slight case of the sniffles. Most of the effects of the virus are being kept at bay by DayQuil, zinc, and vitamin C.

Boredom is going to be the real enemy here. Filling 10 days (well, 8 days, now) with enough stuff to keep me from losing my shit is going to be tricky. I'm quarantined in my bedroom with a TV and a PS4, and I don't play PS4 video games. Netflix and YouTube are my entertainment now.

This is what I get for wearing a mask, social-distancing, hand washing, and generally being a lifelong germophobe.

Fuck you, COVID. That is all.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Scolai:

I'm obviously sorry to hear that. May God bless you, and hopefully, you won't experience any symptoms worse that what you are now experiencing. Stay as positive as you can while enjoying the limited "entertainment" at your disposal.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Sux man. My first time was a respiratory infection. Cough, tired, no smell, etc. My second time was a high fever and achy. They were 7 months apart

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Good luck Scolia, you will get over it.
My son and his girl are just getting over it now.
They are about 5 days ahead of you.

Scolai

Yeah. Netflix is helping pass the time. Lots of martial arts films to watch. I just finished Ip Man and before that Homefront. Gonna see what I can dig up for tomorrow.

For the record, I have a great boss, too. He is allowing me to work from home with no loss of leave. He brought some supplies and dropped them off on my porch - contactless delivery. He offered to bring me meds and liquor, but I only took him up on the meds. I'll get the liquor once my ability to taste it returns.

As for you folks, I appreciate the kind words.

And titties. I always appreciate the titties.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Hope ya'll get well and don't have any lingering issues.

Funny, a guy my wife works with - he's early 60's I think - just got over it and returned to work. Said he lost 20 lbs and feels better now than he did before he got covid!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DAMN SCOLAI. BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT GOOD FOLKS AROUND YOU. HOPE YOU GET THRU IT SAFELY AND IT AVOIDS THE FAMILY!

Scolai

Hope ya'll get well and don't have any lingering issues.

Funny, a guy my wife works with - he's early 60's I think - just got over it and returned to work. Said he lost 20 lbs and feels better now than he did before he got covid!
Yeah. I totally understand the weight loss thing. When food doesn't taste like anything, there's not a lot of incentive to eat. Granted I'm not moving a whole lot in this quarantine room, but with the limited amount of food I'm eating, I have to be shedding some pounds. I had an English muffin with jelly this morning. I could taste the jelly a bit, so that was a blessing. I'll probably have a Lunchable for lunch since the cheese is a welcome texture.

Still can't smell a damn thing, though, which is the most bizarre thing. I came out of my quarantine room for a short time on Tuesday, and my wife asked why I smelled like a Lysol cloud. I was like, "Dafuq are you talking about? I don't smell anything." Then I was like, "Oh, yeah... I don't smell anything...:Cautious:"

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Yeah. Netflix is helping pass the time. Lots of martial arts films to watch. I just finished Ip Man and before that Homefront. Gonna see what I can dig up for tomorrow.

For the record, I have a great boss, too. He is allowing me to work from home with no loss of leave. He brought some supplies and dropped them off on my porch - contactless delivery. He offered to bring me meds and liquor, but I only took him up on the meds. I'll get the liquor once my ability to taste it returns.

As for you folks, I appreciate the kind words.

And titties. I always appreciate the titties.
I saw "Best of the Best" with Eric roberts on some cable station the other day. I thought it was decent years ago but after watching some of it again, I realized how bad it was.

Scolai

Sux man. My first time was a respiratory infection. Cough, tired, no smell, etc. My second time was a high fever and achy. They were 7 months apart
Hopefully in seven months, this whole sack of COVID bullshit will be the stuff of history.

Of course, with these new COVID variants that are allegedly spreading, they'll probably keep us in face diapers until I'm collecting social security.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Hopefully in seven months, this whole sack of COVID bullshit will be the stuff of history.

Of course, with these new COVID variants that are allegedly spreading, they'll probably keep us in face diapers until I'm collecting social security.
Hopefully you're not a long hauler. Found out that I am. Apparently, my symptoms will come and go as they please even tho I test negative. I've had symptoms on and off about 7 or 8 times since I had my last occurrence of covid. Nobody knows how long the orphaned symptoms will last. Could be for life. About twice a week I lose my taste and smell for about two to three days, or I'll have an elevated temp for a couple of days, or a dry, squeaky cough. It's weird, man.

Scolai

Hopefully you're not a long hauler. Found out that I am. Apparently, my symptoms will come and go as they please even tho I test negative. I've had symptoms on and off about 7 or 8 times since I had my last occurrence of covid. Nobody knows how long the orphaned symptoms will last. Could be for life. About twice a week I lose my taste and smell for about two to three days, or I'll have an elevated temp for a couple of days, or a dry, squeaky cough. It's weird, man.
It's just crazy how this virus affects different people in completely different ways. Are you contagious throughout all of this? I can't imagine...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It's just crazy how this virus affects different people in completely different ways. Are you contagious throughout all of this? I can't imagine...
Nope. I've been tested 3 times during symptoms and all negative. I've never had a positive test. My first round was January of 20

Scolai

My son's girlfriend's mother is in really bad shape. Like, on oxygen 24/7 for serious pulmonary issues. Just before Thanksgiving, she was diagnosed with COVID. We were all like, "Aw, fuck. Better start planning the funeral."

As expected, she was admitted to the hospital. All of the stuff. We were just waiting for a call from our son letting us know that she was gone.

A week later, she walked out of that hospital COVID free.

Meanwhile, a perfectly healthy twenty-something contracts the virus and dies a few days later.

Makes no sense.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My son's girlfriend's mother is in really bad shape. Like, on oxygen 24/7 for serious pulmonary issues. Just before Thanksgiving, she was diagnosed with COVID. We were all like, "Aw, fuck. Better start planning the funeral."

As expected, she was admitted to the hospital. All of the stuff. We were just waiting for a call from our son letting us know that she was gone.

A week later, she walked out of that hospital COVID free.

Meanwhile, a perfectly healthy twenty-something contracts the virus and dies a few days later.

Makes no sense.
I firmly believe blood type is the key. Type O is nearly immune or have mild symptoms, A is more severe, and B/ AB being the worst.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Interesting assessment. Is there research to this effect out there?
I have heard of 3 studies, Italy, Norway, and I think somewhere in the northeast US. Saying the same thing. O blood has the best chance to fight off this virus. A, and AB have the worst.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Interesting assessment. Is there research to this effect out there?
My sister is type O and when she was positive, along with her hubby, all she has was a runny nose and some fatigue. I'm O and I wasn't sick enough to be in bed. Strange sounding cough and fatigue the first time. My wife is O and all the time she spent here with me never even tested positive. My brother-in-law has AB- and he nearly died three times, was hospitalized for 9 weeks and will take a minimum of a year of PT to strengthen up. Oh, and my 92 year old mother who has dementia has O and she had the sniffles, and only for about 10 days. I've asked a few people who tested positive and some that were truly sick and came to the above conclusion.