What have you Douchebags been up to?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Just got back from 10 days of vaca. Well, some vaca, some familly matters. Lost my wife's step dad a few weeks ago. Besides being family, he was one of my best friends. We went back to help her mom deal with some of that. He was a huge history buff AND a packrat... we spent 3 solid days and didn't get through all of it.

Then we went to TX hill country and spent the weekend of the 4th drinking wine with friends. Beautiful country out there once you get outside city limits. Even met some Californians at a winery. Was funny, even though conservative, they were hesitant to tell us they were from California. lol Good people they were, though.

So what have you douchebags been up to lately? :)

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Working. Smoked some Baby back ribs and half a shoulder on Saturday. Didn't do anything with friends as they all had plans. I did re-silicon our master bath shower....what a PITA.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Thanks Dj.

Our shower needs to be re-caulked too. I've been putting it off... for about 3 years now. It's just ugly, doesn't leak. Wife wants some landscaping done this year though, so I'll likely be putting down some patio pavers and the shower will wait another year.

Gotta cut grass this weekend. With all the rain and almost 3 weeks since the last cut it's getting a bit out of control - front is just a bit tall, the back is a freaking mess.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I wish pavers would work for us. Out slab sits about 10 inches off the ground and I'd like the patio that we want to extend to be even. It will probably be just a concrete slab but good luck finding a concrete guy right now here.

Coworker just did pavers and he had to rent an excavator. Doing it himself saved a bunch of money

my grass would be knee high if not higher after 3 weeks

Scolai

I'm a teacher on summer vacation. I haven't done much of anything as far as productivity goes. I'm working on some writing, but otherwise I've been a bum for a few weeks now.

On July 3, we did hold a graduation/send-off party for my younger son who is leaving for basic training at Ft. Benning. Next week, we're taking our kid and dropping him off with the Army and then moving our older daughter to DC so she can actually begin work in the city that's been locked down for more than a year. We go from five people living in the house to three people in a matter of days.

I guess what I'm really doing is preparing myself for the soon-to-be empty nest. I should start running so I can resume chasing my wife like I did when we were younger... :Inlove:

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
I have been busy as hell. Spent a few days in Wisconsin on the lake. Before that I was working 60 hours a week. Glad thats over.
Now I'm helping fiancée get her house ready to sell. It goes on the market this week. Then comes the moving....ugh.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I'm a teacher on summer vacation. I haven't done much of anything as far as productivity goes. I'm working on some writing, but otherwise I've been a bum for a few weeks now.

On July 3, we did hold a graduation/send-off party for my younger son who is leaving for basic training at Ft. Benning. Next week, we're taking our kid and dropping him off with the Army and then moving our older daughter to DC so she can actually begin work in the city that's been locked down for more than a year. We go from five people living in the house to three people in a matter of days.

I guess what I'm really doing is preparing myself for the soon-to-be empty nest. I should start running so I can resume chasing my wife like I did when we were younger... :Inlove:
So you will have two sons in the military? What is your daughter going to be doing in DC? I hope.she stays safe as crime is out of control. And no, I'm not talking about the people raiding the capital...lol.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
We've spent the past few days keeping an eye on the over-hyped tropical storm (briefly a minimal hurricane), but it turned out to have little significant impact on our area. Exercising caution -- which, as it turned out, was unwarranted -- we scrapped plans to get away on a mini-vacation to Fort Myers (about 2 hours south of us), but we plan to go down there in a few days, in part to enjoy performances at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theater.

Thanks to 9andaWiggle for starting this thread, and I'm sorry for his family's loss, and thanks to the others who shared things in this thread. God bless all of you!

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I honestly just turned on TWC for the first time since last hurricane season to see what's up.

We've actually been on vacation wih the threat of hurricane and even when it was just rain it still ruined our trip. Heck last year we went right after Sally to PCB sucked because our hotel was open but had water damage.

Scolai

So you will have two sons in the military? What is your daughter going to be doing in DC? I hope.she stays safe as crime is out of control. And no, I'm not talking about the people raiding the capital...lol.
My older son left the military after five years and a tour in Afghanistan. My younger son is starting his military stint in a few days.

My daughter is teaching at a public charter school. The big city life scares the shit out of me for her, but it's what she wants to do.