World is messed up...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Absolutely a parenting issue, but you watch and see how fast the liberals politicize this.

bbfreeburn

I'm a liberal Greg (what a surprise, I know). What I take from this is that gun owners should keep their guns locked up so this sort of thing won't happen. Would you disagree?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I personally think it's less about guns and more about the breakdown of the family unit in our society today. Few take the time / make the sacrifices necessary to properly teach and raise their children. Discipline is a thing of the past. Teaching kids to deal with failure/rejection doesn't happen - instead they try to shield kids from the harsh realities of life, and when kids eventually face them they don't know how to respond in a civilized manner.

Locking the guns up might help prevent some killings, but it won't prevent the greater injustice that is taking place every day in regards to parents who are failing to interact with and teach their children how to be successful, respectful, responsible members of society.

What's the bigger problem for our society? That a gun was used to kill an 8 year old girl, or that an 11 year old boy thought killing was an appropriate response to being told "No"?

Last edited:

Good Times Good Times

Absolutely a parenting issue, but you watch and see how fast the liberals politicize this.
I agree with you it is a parenting issue, but to be fair, you did politicize it first. The fact that it is "prediction (insert large political group of people) ___" is by very definition politicizing. Understand I'm not attacking you.

I do wonder how the kid had access to the guns.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I personally think it's less about guns and more about the breakdown of the family unit in our society today. Few take the time / make the sacrifices necessary to properly teach and raise their children. Discipline is a thing of the past. Teaching kids to deal with failure/rejection doesn't happen - instead they try to shield kids from the harsh realities of life, and when kids eventually face them they don't know how to respond in a civilized manner.

Locking the guns up might help prevent some killings, but it won't prevent the greater injustice that is taking place every day in regards to parents who are failing to interact with and teach their children how to be successful, respectful, responsible members of society.

What's the bigger problem for our society? That a gun was used to kill an 8 year old girl, or that an 11 year old boy thought killing was an appropriate response to being told "No"?
Dear 9andaWiggle:

A well-written and well-thought-out post.

Good Times Good Times

How is that different than the rest of the first world?

How is it that the large number of gun deaths do not happen in other countries that raise selfish kids?

I agree with what the you're saying in general (kids are raised very poorly) but i don't think it overall has to do with child discipline entirely.

Certainly gun access here is an issue.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I will be honest, I do not have a lot if experience/knowledge about how other countries live/think on a day to day basis. Is there a country that is more narcissistic than the US?

Good Times Good Times

I will be honest, I do not have a lot if experience/knowledge about how other countries live/think on a day to day basis. Is there a country that is more narcissistic than the US?
New China generation of only children, England, Canada (eh? :Laugh:) at this point are just like America. I know you see my point so I won't belabor it......

Robadat

For me, it's simple... an 11 year old thought killing was an appropriate response to being told "No". People do not value others lives anymore, everyone's lives matter, even the lives of people other than yourself. Everything today is "me, me, me",people no longer know how to deal with rejection or life's little disappointments without resorting to violence of some kind.

Secondary to that is the fact that an 11 year old had access to a shotgun. But that in itself is not an overall problem in society...the vast majority of adults know better than to allow young ones access to deadly weapons without supervision.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Agree Robadat.

GTGT, I see the connection you're making, but I'm not sure the cultural differences (even some of the similarities) make a strong argument.

For example, China's only child policy (from what I understand) was forced by the government as a population control measure.

As for England/Canada, I'm not sure those kids are raised with no awareness of duty to country, lack of respect for others, and the belief that they are more special and entitled than everyone else? Do they also think nothing is their fault and refuse to accept responsibility for anything? Does England and Canada hand out participation trophies? Do parents in England/Canada start fights over little league games, and sue schools over disciplining their innocent little angels?

Maybe they do, I don't know. I thought most of this was a product if the USA.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm a liberal Greg (what a surprise, I know). What I take from this is that gun owners should keep their guns locked up so this sort of thing won't happen. Would you disagree?

Yes, I absolutely disagree. A locked up gun is no protection at all. Guns should be readily available at a split second when needed. When has a gun in a safe ever saved someone's life? The key is education and respect. ALL my kids and THEIR kids were raised to respect the fire arms. My grandkids would NEVER even consider touching my guns without supervision even tho I have them all out in plain view and at arms reach at all times. Liberals are making a HUGE mistake by calling these incidents "gun violence". It's not gun violence. It's violence. Take away the guns and bombs, knives, fire, nearly anything will be used. You're not going to stop a killer by removing guns from innocent and lawful gun owners. I have NEVER seen a gun kill anyone without a retard connected to it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
FOLLOWING TOPIC, AND G'S POST, SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE 2 RETARDS HERE. THE 11 YEAR OLD THAT PULLED THE TRIGGER AND THE ADULT THAT ALLOWED ACCESS.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yes, I absolutely disagree. A locked up gun is no protection at all. Guns should be readily available at a split second when needed. When has a gun in a safe ever saved someone's life? The key is education and respect. ALL my kids and THEIR kids were raised to respect the fire arms. My grandkids would NEVER even consider touching my guns without supervision even tho I have them all out in plain view and at arms reach at all times. Liberals are making a HUGE mistake by calling these incidents "gun violence". It's not gun violence. It's violence. Take away the guns and bombs, knives, fire, nearly anything will be used. You're not going to stop a killer by removing guns from innocent and lawful gun owners. I have NEVER seen a gun kill anyone without a retard connected to it.
Dear Greg T:

Well-stated, my friend!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
FOLLOWING TOPIC, AND G'S POST, SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE 2 RETARDS HERE. THE 11 YEAR OLD THAT PULLED THE TRIGGER AND THE ADULT THAT ALLOWED ACCESS.
The adult that didn't raise his/her kid better than to think murder is an acceptable reaction to rejection.