A little 'test' about your law-and-order philsophy

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NO DJ, IT ISNT. NO MATER HOW INFLATED SOME FOLKS MAKE THEIR NUMBER SEEM. BUT I WOULD AWAYS TALK TO YOU LIKE AN EQUAL, NOT DOWN TO YOU LIKE IM SUPERIOR.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
NO DJ, IT ISNT. NO MATER HOW INFLATED SOME FOLKS MAKE THEIR NUMBER SEEM. BUT I WOULD AWAYS TALK TO YOU LIKE AN EQUAL, NOT DOWN TO YOU LIKE IM SUPERIOR.
WAMO I have met a lot of very smart people in my life but some have NO common sense.
They are book smart but it gets lost in translation for practical use.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
WAMO I have met a lot of very smart people in my life but some have NO common sense.
Dear sevenpin63:

Are you saying -- or at least implying -- that I have no common sense?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I work in a town with lots of Phds in science and engineering. Many have high IQ. What I've observed is that "their common sense" in relation to everyday experience is just fine. Their common sense in dealing with people is all together different. They lack "EQ". They also aren't interested in culture or social things. These are high IQ analytical types.

For example, most common sense things are learned. There seems to be the old joke that engineers can't change a tire or light bulb. The reality is that most can. Where they fail is in dealing with people.

When I took psychology we discussed that the reason why high IQ individuals acted the way they did when dealing with people or every day life and it was more related to their personality than just their IQ, even though being smart and knowing it feeds into ones personality.

Last edited:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Book smart has nothing to do with IQ. I've met high IQ people that are both book smart and those who aren't.

IQ is just a test and that's it.

There are people with specific personality traits who tend to have high IQ, but not always. Elon Musk and Jobs have similar IQ and personality traits. But then there's Bill Gates.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I work in a town with lots of Phds in science and engineering. Many have high IQ. What I've observed is that "their common sense" in relation to everyday experience is just fine. Their common sense in dealing with people is all together different. They lack "EQ". They also aren't interested in culture or social things. These are high IQ analytical types.
Dear Djarum300 and sevenpin63:

I may be a rare breed, but not only am I extremely intelligent, I also get along very well with people. For example, here are just some of the comments entered by my superiors during yearly job evaluations as entered into my personal file at the Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, where I worked for 44 years ...

* Gets along well with staff members and is fun to work with.

* Great attitude, loves sports and is fun to have on the staff. Everyone respects his knowledge and editing ability. Will do anything needed to pitch in and put out a good section.

* Works well with fellow staff members. Well-respected by sports staff and will do whatever it takes to improve the section.

* Great team player who will jump in and help whenever he's needed

* Bill is a key member of the sports desk and weekend crew. Is respected by co-workers and fun to work with.

I also must be popular with league bowlers in my area. On no less than 63 occasions, I was nominated for league president or secretary, and I was elected all 63 times.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300 and sevenpin63:

I may be a rare breed, but not only am I extremely intelligent, I also get along very well with people. For example, here are just some of the comments entered by my superiors during yearly job evaluations as entered into my personal file at the Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, where I worked for 44 years ...

* Gets along well with staff members and is fun to work with.

* Great attitude, loves sports and is fun to have on the staff. Everyone respects his knowledge and editing ability. Will do anything needed to pitch in and put out a good section.

* Works well with fellow staff members. Well-respected by sports staff and will do whatever it takes to improve the section.

* Great team player who will jump in and help whenever he's needed

* Bill is a key member of the sports desk and weekend crew. Is respected by co-workers and fun to work with.

I also must be popular with league bowlers in my area. On no less than 63 occasions, I was nominated for league president or secretary, and I was elected all 63 times.
In the immortal words of The Hose, FIGJAMing much?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ALL I CAN FIGURE IS, EVERYONE ELSE THEY HIRED MUST HAVE BEEN COMPLETE IDIOTS.
Dear WAMO:

NOW THAT BE BE ONE OF THE SMARTEST THINGS YOU'VE SAID IN A LONG TIME.

Keep in mind that 90% or more of my co-workers were liberals -- and ultra-biased liberals, at that -- so whereas I would refrain from calling them "idiots", I'll consider your analysis as being on the right track.

bbfreeburn

AW, does the “fact” that you get along with everybody exPlain how you couldn’t get into your local hall of fame when you were well qualified?
I’m an abrasive sob but somehow I made it into my local hof.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
AW, does the “fact” that you get along with everybody exPlain how you couldn’t get into your local hall of fame when you were well qualified?
yes. you can be a SOB but you don't flaunt it like some people.;)

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Shioooot. Most the local Hof here are a bunch of dicks

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear bbfreeburn:

Congratulations for making your local Hall of Fame! I have little doubt that you are well-deserving of that honor.

As for my lack of induction, keep in mind that IT IS NOTHING BUT A PRIVATE CLUB that has NO TIES WHATSOEVER to the local bowling association or to USBC.

I'm not going to post my Hall qualifications because it would take all day, but a perfect example of how judgmental our Hall members are ...

Lisa Wagner grew up in my area, came up through local junior leagues and made a name for herself as a bowler in my area before becoming one of the top -- if not the top -- female bowlers in America.

However, even though she's a member of the state, USBC and PWBA Halls of Fame, SHE ISN'T IN OUR LOCAL HALL OF FAME! And neither is Steve Neff, a Sarasota bowler who won four PBA titles, including the 1975 U.S. Open.

There's a simple reason why I can never get elected. Many of our local association board members are in the Hall of Fame, and if you were to ask long-time ABC/USBC officials which association was the most-corrupt in history, they'd likely point to my local association.

I personally uncovered the massive corruption and wrongdoing, and they'll never forgive me for exposing them as unethical crooks. And as a result of their actions, the local association president was suspended, along with back-to-back association secretaries, a vice president and a director.

Do you need to hear more?

bbfreeburn

Did I strike a chord with you AW to prompt such a meandering reply? Are you feeling defensive? And, while I may be mistaken, it seems to me that long ago you did post your qualifications.