American hero John McCain proves to be a BIG-TIME LIAR!

livespive

It is if the treatment can save the person.

I think there are a few versions, I would have to look them up.

While I would not advertise free health care. If someone showed up, and we found out they had no money, I would turn them away,

As far as I know, and I haven't looked it up, the doctor only swears to do no harm. Refusing treatment is not doing harm.

livespive

Right, but that puts the doctors in the middle, because who is at the hospital that has to see the patient?
The doctor, and if someone comes into the ER and has no money and the doc treats them anyway,
he will probably get fired.....

They hide behind liability, but it's more the loss of money that they are concerned about.

I don't think the problem resides with the doctors... it's the for profit hospitals and pharmaceutical industry whose goal is to extract every last penny they can from each patient AND their insurance provider. Not to maximize care or efficiency, but to maximize profit. And the insurance industry plays along. They're certainly doing little to curb the explosive costs of healthcare. After all, it helps sell more insurance if a single trip to the ER for something simple, stitches for example, could bankrupt the family if they didn't have coverage.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHAT 9 SAID IS DEAD ON TARGET!
ALSO, ISNT IT CORRECT THAT IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH SOMEONE, BOTH PARTIES HAVE TO AGREE TO ANY CHANGES AFTER THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED? SO IF A HOSPITAL, DR OR INS CO JUST CHANGED THEIR MIND, WHY CANT THEY BE SUED?

livespive

The contract thing I don't think is the problem. I know in FL there were cases of people that came to the hospital, and didn't have payment,
but had life threatening issues, and were turned away.

I don't think if I were a doctor, and was at the desk and heard this conversation that I could turn them away.

WHAT 9 SAID IS DEAD ON TARGET!
ALSO, ISNT IT CORRECT THAT IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH SOMEONE, BOTH PARTIES HAVE TO AGREE TO ANY CHANGES AFTER THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED? SO IF A HOSPITAL, DR OR INS CO JUST CHANGED THEIR MIND, WHY CANT THEY BE SUED?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF THE DR DOES WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SAVE THE PATIENT, THEN THE DR PAYS THE MONEY. PROBLEM SOLVED.

livespive

Don't think it would work that easily. There have been tons of "good deeds" that have been punished by the powers that be.

IF THE DR DOES WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SAVE THE PATIENT, THEN THE DR PAYS THE MONEY. PROBLEM SOLVED.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND THATS HOW IT WORKS. NOONE DOES, NOR SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO DO ANYTHING FOR FREE. IF THEY TAKE IT UPON THEMSELVES TO RENDER AID, THEN THE TAB IS ON THEM. AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD DEEDS THAT GO HAYWIRE. THATS ON WHOMEVER PERFORMS THE GOOD DEED.

livespive

So my point is, if they do why then are the punished? Some People foot the bill for things but yet this is not enough.

I think it also comes down to how they will be perceived (don't goto St. Lukes, they are so mean that the doctors have to help people.)

Also medical care is the ONE thing that I would think should be there for the good of the people. Even if they are for profit, they should make enough to cover expenses then not go crazy on the rest as they do.

AND THATS HOW IT WORKS. NOONE DOES, NOR SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO DO ANYTHING FOR FREE. IF THEY TAKE IT UPON THEMSELVES TO RENDER AID, THEN THE TAB IS ON THEM. AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD DEEDS THAT GO HAYWIRE. THATS ON WHOMEVER PERFORMS THE GOOD DEED.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LIKE 9 SAID, GOOD DEEDS DONT GO UNPUNISHED. IF THE HOSPITAL SAYS NO, BUT THE DR SAYS HE WILL DO IT, HE HAS TO USE THEIR SPACE, EQUIPMENT, NURSES AND MEDICINE, SOMEONE HAS TO PAY. I AGREE WITH THE HEALTH CARE THING. "BUT", ITS A BUSINESS, THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY TO STAY AFLOAT.
IF I NEED ELECTRICAL DRAWINGS FOR A 60 STORY HIGHRISE AND SAID I NEEDED IT FOR FREE CUZ I DIDNT HAVE ANY MONEY, WOULD YOU DO IT FOR ME? AND THEN 20 MORE ELECTRICIANS FIND OUT AND ASK THE SAME THING OF YOU, THEN WHAT? ITS SAD IN TODAYS SOCIETY THAT DOING THE RIGHT THING IS SOMETIMES NOT THE SMART THING.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The health care situation took an about-face just about when the industrial age hit. It used to be that doctors were some of the poorest people in town. They would supply their own utensils, bandages, medicines, etc, and have to get up in the middle of the nite to tend to someone who'd been shot during a saloon brawl, or because Mrs. Johnson is having her baby. Then, nobody knows who pays him for the guy in the fight, or Mr. Johnson doesn't have any money because the price of cattle is down this year so he has to give Doc a few jars of canned tomatoes. Maybe a chunk of beef. Who knows? But then, as new discoveries are made and new tools and tests are needed, the doc needed money to supply himself with the latest equipment he could afford. Hospitals were extremely few and VERY far between. Doc needed money. CASH money. More new discoveries were made, treatments and cures were evolving. New medicines are created. Doc needs more money. And the cycle continues.

bbfreeburn

As far as I know, and I haven't looked it up, the doctor only swears to do no harm. Refusing treatment is not doing harm.
Then I do hope that someday you choke on a bit of food. And that no one around you offers aid. I would say that witholding treatment is equivalent to doing harm.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I believe in most states doctors are required to give treatment enough to stabilize the person.

Some states do not have protections for good Samaritan, so coming to the aid is opening up one's self for liability.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, thanx for wanting me to die. I appreciate that.
Dear Greg T:

Bbfreeburn certainly could have made his point without making a "death wish."

He could have said ... "If somebody was choking on a bit of food, and no one around the person was offered aid, I'd say that withholding treatment is equivalent to doing harm."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Bbfreeburn certainly could have made his point without making a "death wish."

He could have said ... "If somebody was choking on a bit of food, and no one around the person was offered aid, I'd say that withholding treatment is equivalent to doing harm."
Yeah, kinda what I was thinking.

livespive

Greg,

You are kind of saying what I am, yes they should make money to buy the tools, but no they don't need 10 cars and 5 houses.
This is the one field that I think that you should not be going into for that reason.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg,

You are kind of saying what I am, yes they should make money to buy the tools, but no they don't need 10 cars and 5 houses.
This is the one field that I think that you should not be going into for that reason.
I'll agree with that. Going into medicine simply for the money is what makes terrible doctors. And there are many out there. I've seen plenty of them right here in my small community. BUT, I have also seen, and know excellent, conscientious, thorough and caring doctors who don't even play the roll. My family doctor is one of them. She drives a nice car, although it is 7 years old, and lives in a nice house, although NOT a mansion. Dresses in average, every day clothes, and takes all the time I need when I have an appointment. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found her.

bruce1156

One of the major reasons health care is so expensive is all the lawsuits it spawns. In countries where only legitimate lawsuits are tolerated, healthcare, including prescriptions, is quite reasonable and insurance is rarely needed. Isn't it amazing that even with the often flawed system we had prior to Obamacare very few people went without care.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
One of the major reasons health care is so expensive is all the lawsuits it spawns. In countries where only legitimate lawsuits are tolerated, healthcare, including prescriptions, is quite reasonable and insurance is rarely needed. Isn't it amazing that even with the often flawed system we had prior to Obamacare very few people went without care.
Excellent post. Frivvy lawsuits are becoming the norm and are seeming to be acceptable these days. The judges should start reviewing these suits and discarding the bullshit before it takes up valuable court time. This would slow the amount of bullshit settlements.