Fall Sux

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I wonder what will be the first day that we'll need to use any extra heat in the house. Last year, we didn't need any extra heat until Jan. 14. And I kid you not. I haven't even had to wear so much as a sweater at any time over the past two winters.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Does anyone feel sorry for me (and fellow Floridians)?

Over the weekend, we had back-to-back nights with low temperatures of 58 and 59 degrees, and that now makes three times this autumn that the low temperature has dropped slightly below 60. Not only that, we finally had a few days with high temperatures below 80. What's going on?

radioactive

OK, keep it up Bill and I'm gonna put a hit out on ya. Here in VA I had to scrape the car windows for the third straight day.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
OK, keep it up Bill and I'm gonna put a hit out on ya. Here in VA I had to scrape the car windows for the third straight day.
Dear radioactive:

I almost forgot about such things as scraping car windows. I haven't had to do that since I moved from Wyoming to Florida way back in 1966.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear radioactive:

I almost forgot about such things as scraping car windows. I haven't had to do that since I moved from Wyoming to Florida way back in 1966.
+1. Good reminder! Looks like we may be travelling north for Thanksgiving. I need to find a scraper to throw in the truck. I think I still have one around here somewhere...

Scraping windows, shoveling driveways, salting sidewalks... three things I definitely DO NOT MISS! :p

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
With December now here, we had 85-degree temperatures this afternoon, and tonight's pleasant low will be in the mid-60s, and more of the same is forecast in upcoming days. Last December, the high temperature was in the 80s on 28 of the month's 31 days, so we aren't very concerned about December weather down here. Not only that, the official hurricane season ended yesterday.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
This is the last time that I'll bring this thread to the top, but it's currently a balmy 84 degrees under sunny skies outside, and the forecast LOW for the next two nights is 72. There's no need to keep rubbing it in, but everyone should get the idea.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This is the last time that I'll bring this thread to the top, but it's currently a balmy 84 degrees under sunny skies outside, and the forecast LOW for the next two nights is 72. There's no need to keep rubbing it in, but everyone should get the idea.
Winter, if you want to call it that, has finally arrived to Houston! Been cold and rainy the last couple days (high around 50), and looks like we could get into the 20's for a low later this week. I don't recall it freezing last winter, so this will be the first time in 2 years it's been that cold.

As for bumping your thread to the top... we'll allow you rubbing in the nice temps IF you include some hot beach bunny pics each time! :cool: