Haven't seen

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
9 SAID GT WAS GETTING READY FOR A NEW BABY. HOPE THAT IS GOING WELL. PIKE, NO IDEA.

MI2AZ

I don't think so, but here is another question.

With all the recent new members joining this site, why have none of them shown up in this forum? Do they read the posts here and decide that they do not fit in and want to avoid the comments?

REVerse °

Addicted Member

With all the recent new members joining this site, why have none of them shown up in this forum? Do they read the posts here and decide that they do not fit in and want to avoid the comments?
Maybe they didn't have time to read all your posts. :Roflmao:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Maybe they just decided they no longer care for the freedom of speech we enjoy here. To each his own. I was just wondering.

MI2AZ

Greg, why don't you poll some of the newer members to this site to find out why they are avoiding the forum? Maybe my posts are scaring them away.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, why don't you poll some of the newer members to this site to find out why they are avoiding the forum? Maybe my posts are scaring them away.
I have, just a few months ago. I sent out a mass email and PM to all the inactive members and invited them to come and test the water in the forums and engage in some of the discussions. I never heard a word from any of them. A good number of those I targeted, tho, had their "date joined" and "last seen" date the same day. So most people are joining and then never returning. I don't get it. So far I've sent out about 3 mass mails and PMs to a bunch of inactives. No responses.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I dunno. I at least thought Pike and GTGT would hang around. And then there are a few who posted a couple times and then disappeared. We're missing the women, too. Used to be a couple.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
NICE TRY G. MAYBE WE ARE TO SOPHISTICATED FOR THEIR TASTE.
Dear WAMO:

Might there be any "old" members of the original AB site that Greg might be able to contact? When I first joined this forum years ago, there were A LOT of participants -- primarily from places like Texas and Louisiana -- who frequented the site, and you would probably recall (better than I) who they were and whether they might consider taking part in AB again. Might be worth a shot.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
GTGT has been over on the BR site posting over there ever since the liberals lost in the Nov. election.
Dear Brickguy221:

GTGT may have "egg on his face" (so to speak) in the aftermath of the election, but he shouldn't consider us to be too "hostile" (and certainly not unfriendly).

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member

I figured most were just trolls from BR stalking... perhaps not. But why else go through the trouble to sign up then not participate? There are several sites I read pretty regularly that I have not joined.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SOME OF THE OLD GROUP DO STOP IN FROM TIME TO TIME, THEY JUST DONT PARTICIPATE. I THINK FACEBOOK TOOK MOST AWAY.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
As for GTGT... last I heard from him was before the holidays. He was fine, just burned out on politics and was busy doing stuff to prepare for the baby.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
SOME OF THE OLD GROUP DO STOP IN FROM TIME TO TIME, THEY JUST DONT PARTICIPATE. I THINK FACEBOOK TOOK MOST AWAY.
Dear WAMO:

When that "old group" was still around, there was also quite a bit of discussion in the areas of bowling, sports talk and various other forum topics. It would be nice if some of them would return, but I doubt it will happen.