Haven't seen

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Well, Obama got elected. Twice. What had he accomplished besides being a community pest and a newly elected jr senator with little credibility?
He spoke well and was somewhat charming publicly, as I recall. So, in comparison to Trump, he wasn't as divisive or offensive on the campaign trail for his 1st election. The 2nd election, well that was because Reps ran Romney. Equivalent to the Dems running Kerry against Bush.

On edit: 8 years of Bush/Cheney hurt McCain's chances too. Not to mention Palin...

The one thing Obama/Trump have in common; they were both the anti-establishment choice.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I'd just like to see the old bunch back without the over-sensitivity that plagued BR. Everyone has to learn to take a shot now and then without total retaliation being the next step. Holy fuck.....if I can do it anybody can!!!!!!!!
... and it should be obvious that my posting is a lot different than when I'm spending so much time responding to personal attacks, lies, threats and insults.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, Obama got elected. Twice. What had he accomplished besides being a community pest and a newly elected jr senator with little credibility?
... but liberals only consider "inexperience" to be a major problem when considering non-liberals for public office. After all, what real experience did Barack Hussein Obama have prior to running for the presidency?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
He spoke well and was somewhat charming publicly, as I recall. So, in comparison to Trump, he wasn't as divisive or offensive on the campaign trail for his 1st election.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Barack Hussein Obama may not have been as "divisive" on the campaign trail, but he certainly -- over his eight years in office -- didn't do ANYTHING to reduce the division in this country; rather, his policies, statements and demeanor did A LOT to divide the country even further.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Barack Hussein Obama may not have been as "divisive" on the campaign trail, but he certainly -- over his eight years in office -- didn't do ANYTHING to reduce the division in this country; rather, his policies, statements and demeanor did A LOT to divide the country even further.
Agree with you there.

livespive

I agree Greg, but some fear the boomerang effect. They think if it happened once, it will happen again.

It just seems to me that rational people should be able to move beyond the discord and disagreements of the past and start fresh the way we did here. There were some nasty situations at the other place before it was shirt canned. But, a handful of us emerged, came together and tossed aside the animosity in order to exist on the same site. I was very happy to see a few nemeses come over and join the discussions here. I'm still hoping for a large number from days of old to migrate over and start anew. Everyone is welcome here!!!