I'm Fucking Sick

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I am curious though... how did you - or anyone - know it was returned?
My ex-boss was back at the shop last night when the cops showed up to investigate. He noticed a lock on the door where there had been one yesterday morning. He tried his keys and nothing would work. He called me asked if I'd put a lock on the door, which I had not. I ran over there and told the cop to cut the fucking lock. We opened the door and there was my truck.

livespive

Glad you got your truck back.

My thing is this, for them to get to that area isn't the entire facility secure? Most of the ones in my area need a code to get in and out.
Or there is at least a gate with a lock.

This was inside, or someone knew someone.

Glad it all worked out.

radioactive

Sorry to hear this. I feel for you. Back in '81, I had a '72 Mustang Mach 1, stolen from a parking lot near my home. Thing is, it wasn't in running condition at the time as I was in the process of rebuilding the Carburetor, that piece was sitting in my basement when the car disappeared.
Sorry Robadat, but Greg would have lost a lot more, his was a real vehicle not a POS FORD!!!!!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Glad you got your truck back.

My thing is this, for them to get to that area isn't the entire facility secure? Most of the ones in my area need a code to get in and out.
Or there is at least a gate with a lock.

This was inside, or someone knew someone.

Glad it all worked out.
This is just a storage building with 8 units in it at my former employer's place. No security at all.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IM THINKIN TANK FULL OF REGULAR UNLEADED IS BETTER THAN A CHOP SHOP OR UPSIDE DOWN IN A DITCH. :Biggrin:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Greg - I been thinking. This case is weird... have you pissed anyone off lately?

Maybe Robadat can chime in his experience, but I don't see how a random thief would risk going back to the scene to return the truck and not simply abandon it somewhere in which they would less likely be seen/caught.

Also, how would angry facebook posts lead to it being returned if it wasn't someone following your page (or a friend/family member of someone who is)?

Further, since it wasn't immediately taken out of town to a chop shop or to be whisked out of the country, was someone intending to use your truck in another crime to try and pin it on you? It's not like your truck would blend in and not be noticed.

Or do you have an asshole buddy who got drunk and thought it'd be funny to screw with you?

Just thoughts, the returning of the truck to the spot where it was stolen, and especially the addition of a lock to the door, is just weird. I know thieves can be dumb, but this defies logic in my mind. Admittedly, I'm not a thief and don't think like one, so maybe there is some strategery (as Bush would say) that I don't know about?

livespive

I can see FB working, it is a powerful tool especially in a small town.....

But I agree and had said before, why just that bin? If Greg's bin is on the end I can see that, but if not, what made them goto his?

If they were not pro's they would have to find a place to get it chopped, so I can see the delay there.

Finally, like you said, bringing it back, then putting a lock on it????

IT is very weird indeed.

Greg - I been thinking. This case is weird... have you pissed anyone off lately?

Maybe Robadat can chime in his experience, but I don't see how a random thief would risk going back to the scene to return the truck and not simply abandon it somewhere in which they would less likely be seen/caught.

Also, how would angry facebook posts lead to it being returned if it wasn't someone following your page (or a friend/family member of someone who is)?

Further, since it wasn't immediately taken out of town to a chop shop or to be whisked out of the country, was someone intending to use your truck in another crime to try and pin it on you? It's not like your truck would blend in and not be noticed.

Or do you have an asshole buddy who got drunk and thought it'd be funny to screw with you?

Just thoughts, the returning of the truck to the spot where it was stolen, and especially the addition of a lock to the door, is just weird. I know thieves can be dumb, but this defies logic in my mind. Admittedly, I'm not a thief and don't think like one, so maybe there is some strategery (as Bush would say) that I don't know about?