I'm Fucking Sick

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. BUT, they wouldn't have to be flowing my timeline because within two hours we had over 4000 shares and hit every state in the union. Whoever did it knew they'd never get the fucker out of town because around here we hot rodders are a tight knit group. We all know each other and what they drive. Anyone who sees my truck on the street immediately knows who owns it. My take on the matter is that the crooks saw my posts and knew I wasn't fucking around, got scared and decided to attempt to just put things back. The problem came when they cut my lock and had to put something on there so someone else didn't rip it off.
I would love nothing more than to chalk this up as a senior moment and spend the next 10 years laughing my ass off about the day I lost my truck to 1 stall over. But that does not explain away the fact that MY lock was gone and nobody I knew had a key for it. We had to cut the lock off to open the bin. SOMEONE was in there.

livespive

Time to store it at a different location.

Key code gate, and cameras, if you don't have one in town, it would be worth it to goto the next town over that is close that has this.
Get a bin, then bring it in when they are closed so only the cameras see you. IF it disappears again then the guys watching the tape took it and revenge will be swift.

This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. BUT, they wouldn't have to be flowing my timeline because within two hours we had over 4000 shares and hit every state in the union. Whoever did it knew they'd never get the fucker out of town because around here we hot rodders are a tight knit group. We all know each other and what they drive. Anyone who sees my truck on the street immediately knows who owns it. My take on the matter is that the crooks saw my posts and knew I wasn't fucking around, got scared and decided to attempt to just put things back. The problem came when they cut my lock and had to put something on there so someone else didn't rip it off.
I would love nothing more than to chalk this up as a senior moment and spend the next 10 years laughing my ass off about the day I lost my truck to 1 stall over. But that does not explain away the fact that MY lock was gone and nobody I knew had a key for it. We had to cut the lock off to open the bin. SOMEONE was in there.

Robadat

My guess is probably some neighborhood kids who knew it was in there took it for a joyride and returned it when they saw the heat was on. Might want to invest in a motion activated security cam you can put inside the garage that would activate when the door is opened. Installing a kill switch and/or fuel cutoff wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Might want to check with local businesses to see if any have security camera footage of the streets around the area. Might get lucky, see it on the tape and be able to ID who took it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My guess is probably some neighborhood kids who knew it was in there took it for a joyride and returned it when they saw the heat was on. Might want to invest in a motion activated security cam you can put inside the garage that would activate when the door is opened. Installing a kill switch and/or fuel cutoff wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Might want to check with local businesses to see if any have security camera footage of the streets around the area. Might get lucky, see it on the tape and be able to ID who took it.
I checked all the adjacent properties and nearby businesses for security footage but nobody has anything. I'm going to put an ass-knocker onboard next year with a hidden arming switch. A couple of batteries, ground strap, a large capacitor, and a good MSD ignition coil. This will take care of anyone that comes in contact with the truck. A 50,000 volt jolt will get the message across. And yes, I WILL have a motion activated cam inside the unit. I wouldn't want to miss the fun.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'll tell ya what; If that fucker gets triggered it will be all over FB, discussion boards, and you tube!!!!

livespive

Be careful, I was going to do the same thing for my competition car stereo system until I found out that I could be liable if the person gets hurt.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK G MISPLACED THE KEY AND JUST SAID THE TRUCK WAS STOLEN AND NEEDED HELP GETTING IN.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Be careful, I was going to do the same thing for my competition car stereo system until I found out that I could be liable if the person gets hurt.
That's one thing I hate about America... if you mess with somebody else's stuff you should do so at your own risk. I think people should be allowed to booby trap their own property to protect it from worthless fucks. And if they get shocked, dropped into a pit of sharpened sticks upon which they will be impaled, or shot in the face by the rightful property owner, it should be deemed "well they shouldn't have gone poking around where they didn't have any business being. Case dismissed."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
That's one thing I hate about America... if you mess with somebody else's stuff you should do so at your own risk. I think people should be allowed to booby trap their own property to protect it from worthless fucks. And if they get shocked, dropped into a pit of sharpened sticks upon which they will be impaled, or shot in the face by the rightful property owner, it should be deemed "well they shouldn't have gone poking around where they didn't have any business being. Case dismissed."
See, that's where the laws kinda contradict themselves. My CPL allows me to carry a weapon to protect me, my family, my property, or anyone else who I think may be in danger. If I booby trap my truck I stand the possibility of being sued if the guy has a heart attack or something. So basically, the law is telling me to just shoot the fucker.

livespive

But officer, I was just going to shock him :)

See, that's where the laws kinda contradict themselves. My CPL allows me to carry a weapon to protect me, my family, my property, or anyone else who I think may be in danger. If I booby trap my truck I stand the possibility of being sued if the guy has a heart attack or something. So basically, the law is telling me to just shoot the fucker.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
HEY G, IF YOU CAUGHT THEM TWITCHING ON THE GROUND, SHOOT EM. WHO WOULD KNOW.
Well, he said there'll be a camera... and he promised to post the vid of them twitching on the ground... Guess he'll have to edit the shooting part out! :Roflmao:

I'm may be wrong and apologize if I am, but I still am thinking it was some friends plying a joke on him.

Think about it this way... if someone really did steal it and then brought it back, why would they replace the lock they broke off???? Just get it back and get the hell out of there....

Now if friends took the truck to play a joke on Greg and then bring it back, they would replace the lock to insure no one would really steal it....

I am probably way off base here, but that is a possibility isn't it????

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm may be wrong and apologize if I am, but I still am thinking it was some friends plying a joke on him.

Think about it this way... if someone really did steal it and then brought it back, why would they replace the lock they broke off???? Just get it back and get the hell out of there....

Now if friends took the truck to play a joke on Greg and then bring it back, they would replace the lock to insure no one would really steal it....

I am probably way off base here, but that is a possibility isn't it????
There were only two people who knew where the truck was. My son and his buddy. The buddy had his car in the bin along side mine. They are both hard core car guys and would not even think of fucking with my hot rod. It's just not done. In the hot rod community around here, a prank would be putting a fart whistle on someones tailpipe, or wiring up a little back up alarm to the horn button. My son and his buddies would never even consider pranking my truck or cutting my lock off.

livespive

hmmmmmmmm

Maybe someone was trying to get into your sons buddies bin, and got into the wrong bin and was committed once they got in??!?!?
Ho

There were only two people who knew where the truck was. My son and his buddy. The buddy had his car in the bin along side mine. They are both hard core car guys and would not even think of fucking with my hot rod. It's just not done. In the hot rod community around here, a prank would be putting a fart whistle on someones tailpipe, or wiring up a little back up alarm to the horn button. My son and his buddies would never even consider pranking my truck or cutting my lock off.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
hmmmmmmmm

Maybe someone was trying to get into your sons buddies bin, and got into the wrong bin and was committed once they got in??!?!?
Ho
Possibly. I don't know. This is the strangest thing I've ever encountered. I WILL have some safeguards in place next year. Think I'll bump up my agreed value coverage as well.