Leftist Logic

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That's a fair comment. I've always claimed to be a true moderate. I have no party affiliation (I think I'm actually a registered Republican but I'm not certain) and I don't "identify" as one party or the other necessarily. I don't find who I am or my identity in partisanship like some here do. I'm not on a "team" and don't buy into the "if ya ain't for us yer against us" stuff. I've always found that to be an exceptionally bizarre way of existing.

I always try and be fair.
Dear GTGT:

I officially have no party affiliation. Several years ago -- after being a Republican for many decades -- I abandoned the GOP (and re-registered as an Independent) when they kept caving in on key issues, including financial ones. And when I did so, I had no intention of ever again voting for a Republican candidate for state or national office. However, when Trump entered the race, he wasn't a typical Republican -- or a politician, for that matter -- and I supported him from the time he announced his candidacy. And of the original 17 GOP primary hopefuls, the only ones I could have supported and voted for were Trump and Ben Carson.

Good Times Good Times

Dear GTGT:

I officially have no party affiliation. Several years ago -- after being a Republican for many decades -- I abandoned the GOP (and re-registered as an Independent) when they kept caving in on key issues, including financial ones. And when I did so, I had no intention of ever again voting for a Republican candidate for state or national office. However, when Trump entered the race, he wasn't a typical Republican -- or a politician, for that matter -- and I supported him from the time he announced his candidacy. And of the original 17 GOP primary hopefuls, the only ones I could have supported and voted for were Trump and Ben Carson.
There is no way you don't vote straight ticket Republican (if not straight ticket..all R's in races you participate in) in every election you participate in.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
There is no way you don't vote straight ticket Republican (if not straight ticket..all R's in races you participate in) in every election you participate in.
Dear GTGT:

Not true at all. For years, I voted for Congressman Jim Haley, a Democrat who represented my district. And I voted for, and strongly endorsed, Democrat sheriff Ross Boyer, plus numerous other local officials, and I did so in the most-recent election as well.

Good Times Good Times

Dear GTGT:

Not true at all. For years, I voted for Congressman Jim Haley, a Democrat who represented my district. And I voted for, and strongly endorsed, Democrat sheriff Ross Boyer, plus numerous other local officials, and I did so in the most-recent election as well.
Give me some examples of good Democrats at the state and national level you find to be decent.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Give me some examples of good Democrats at the state and national level you find to be decent.
Dear Good Times Good Times:

Before answering with some specific names, allow me to indicate that most of them ARE NOT modern-day politicians, in part because I don't think very highly of most modern-day politicians FROM EITHER PARTY.

The following were all members of the Democrat party ...

* When I lived in Nevada, I liked Sen. Alan Bible.

* When I lived in Wyoming, I liked Sen. Gale McGee, and I VOTED FOR Teno Roncalio for the House of Representatives.

* After moving to Florida, I voted for Jim Haley for the House of Representatives on three occasions, and I voted for Reubin Askew for governor in 1974.

... and I've thought highly of a number of other elected Democrats, including Sen. John Glenn of Ohio.