Pay attention to Trump's successes and not just his failures

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The lamestream media has been in a "feeding frenzy" regarding information that Donald John Trump had staggering business revenue losses in 1995. And the media coverage implies that Trump is a loser rather than a big success and a winner in his overall business endeavors.

In other words, Trump recovered to became a business success -- and a business "champion" if you will.

Let's consider a "parallel situation" in the sports world. With one exception, Super bowl champions didn't have perfect seasons, and some were FAR SHORT of perfect before putting it all together in the playoffs to become champions.

For example, since Trump's mega-losses in 1995, consider that the 2011 Super Bowl champion New York Giants recovered from a SEVEN-LOSS SEASON, and the 2010 Green Bay Packers rebounded after LOSING SIX regular-season games. And the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers and the 2001 New England Patriots lost five games each. All of them bounced back to become champions, but they weren't perfect along the way.

BOTTOM LINE: Though it will never happen, the lamestream media, liberal Democrats and never-Trump Republicans will continue to emphasize Trump's losses and pay little or no attention to HIS ENORMOUS BUSINESS SUCCESSES.

Good Times Good Times

How did Trump run his business? The story is told in Trump Revealed. See page 207 for one astonishing example. Via @drewharwell

This is the great "business man".

Also, If working class white men vote for a billionaire who hasn't paid taxes in nearly 20 years, I think something other than populism is at work.

livespive

So you are assuming that Trump will come in and win the Super Bowl??????

Even using your example, sports teams are judged buy their losing seasons. Someone buying a team is not going to buy them just because you won the big one. They want the whole thing, and anywhere you go, they look at the bad more than the good.

livespive

Now, I did not see post #2........

Let's just say Trump gets in. Post #2 says that his bad run was from 1995 to 2005.... 10 years, or over two terms in office.
Just enough time to get in and make everything worse than it already is??????

Good Times Good Times

So you are assuming that Trump will come in and win the Super Bowl??????

Even using your example, sports teams are judged buy their losing seasons. Someone buying a team is not going to buy them just because you won the big one. They want the whole thing, and anywhere you go, they look at the bad more than the good.
We'll just label you, Eric, in group "lamestream media, liberal Democrats and never-Trump Republicans"

Good Times Good Times

Nah, because I'm looking at Clinton's negatives just as hard.
And see that is the difference. Though I tend to lean left, I don't need to be a Clinton apologist or whatever it is AW is doing for Trump. They're both garbage. I don't and won't vote FOR Clinton and I won't vote AGAINST Trump. It's "who are you voting FOR", I don't ask you live "who are you voting against this year"...

Then we get into the "lesser of two evils" predictable thing and more Trump apologist stuff happens.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear GTGT and livespive:

Based upon your apparent contentions, you should agree with my longtime stated contention that AMERICAN VOTERS ARE STUPID.

Otherwise, out of more than 380 million Americans, how do we get to the point where there are so many negatives regarding both candidates and so many don't like either major candidate?

Good Times Good Times

Dear GTGT and livespive:

Based upon your apparent contentions, you should agree with my longtime stated contention that AMERICAN VOTERS ARE STUPID.

I wouldn't, generally speaking, dispute this contention..

Otherwise, out of more than 380 million Americans, how do we get to the point where there are so many negatives regarding both candidates and so many don't like either major candidate?
Polarization. People that find their identity (socially or politically) in a party (or "team") and politics in general.. "Us" vs "them".......I don't operate this way, I think it's intellectually inferior and exceptionally lazy.

livespive

I ask myself this one question....

If my vote decided which one would be the POTUS, which one of them REALLY looks like they could do anything for the USA, or me for that matter.

I then then look at what they have done, in the past, and the way the world is now, how they would act in the future.

The reason, I mainly wouldn't vote for Trump.... even if he could do everything else right, that mouth of his just kills it.
Prime example, in the debate Trump says" I do have something that I could say about the Clinton's, but I won't say it."
If you are not going to say, then don't bring it up. That is like sitting at the treaty talks table saying " we have 10 nukes, and we were going to nuke the shit out you, but I decided this morning not to."

There are times to speak, and there are times not to speak, just because your name is on the building doesn't mean that you speak all of the time. He has not learned that yet.

Hillary, I do think the email thing sealed the deal for me.
1. That high up they tell you not to use personal email. I have worked on military bases, and they don't let us use SHIT of our own.
As long as she has been in the game, she should know this, she just decided not to follow the rules.
2. After getting caught, they tell her to produce the emails, what dose she do, she deletes them.

One would abuse power/authority, and the other has disregard for it.

As far as your two comments I would agree 100% with GT^2.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
ABC just finished a 15 minute bashfest on Trump. Unfuckingbelievable.

Edit: add cbs to that bashfest.

Last edited:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
From my own research, I just don't see him as that accomplished of a business man when it comes to the money. Famous? Notorious? Sure. He has his name on buildings and such, where in many cases he had no hand in.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
From my own research, I just don't see him as that accomplished of a business man when it comes to the money. Famous? Notorious? Sure. He has his name on buildings and such, where in many cases he had no hand in.
Dear Djarum300:

On the other hand, how successful at ANYTHING regarding finances are the Clintons, who claim to have been broke when they left the White House? Of course, they are multi-millionaires today, and how did they get that way?

MI2AZ

Dear Djarum300:

On the other hand, how successful at ANYTHING regarding finances are the Clintons, who claim to have been broke when they left the White House? Of course, they are multi-millionaires today, and how did they get that way?
Why don't you stick to the topic that you created?
Start another topic about your questions re: the Clinton finances. Let's try to discuss your Trump topic here.

livespive

Yes, but the Clinton's are not leaning on their success at finances as what it takes to run the country.

Back to football, you can't say we won the super bowl because of the quarterback,
then get mad because we start watching the quarterback all of the time and wondering why he is throwing
interceptions.

Dear Djarum300:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yes, but the Clinton's are not leaning on their success at finances as what it takes to run the country.
... and that's a good thing, because most politicians almost instantly begin accruing substantial income (regardless of the sources of such income).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Back to football, you can't say we won the super bowl because of the quarterback,
then get mad because we start watching the quarterback all of the time and wondering why he is throwing
interceptions.
Dear livespive:

I'm not sure what line of thinking you're attempting to use here, but I don't tend to think that way (although others probably do).

livespive

Earlier, I think in your OP you used a football example.

I am just continuing to use what you were using.

Dear livespive:

I'm not sure what line of thinking you're attempting to use here, but I don't tend to think that way (although others probably do).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Earlier, I think in your OP you used a football example.

I am just continuing to use what you were using.
Dear livespive:

In the original post, I was just indicating that even successful businessmen and politicians -- and people in any field, for that matter -- are not perfect, and as a result are subject to failures. The multi-loss Super Bowl teams are an example, as they all (except the 1972 Miami Dolphins) -- emerged as champions despite failures or "stumbles" along the way.

Last edited: