Weather

livespive

For some reason I thought you were older than me ('72).

But I remember seeing Lamb Chop on the Muppets and Sesame Street a few times.......

Man, don't tell me that puts me in the crowd with the old farts :p;):D But I have been told I have an old soul so oh well.

I'm a bit too young to catch that one, WAMO. I was born in '75.

Googled it, and I did recognize Lamb Chop once I saw the pictute, but not sure from where/when. Did not know that was the name of the puppet.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
For some reason I thought you were older than me ('72).

But I remember seeing Lamb Chop on the Muppets and Sesame Street a few times.......

Man, don't tell me that puts me in the crowd with the old farts :p;):D But I have been told I have an old soul so oh well.
For some reason, I've always gravitated towards hanging out with people older than I am. When we lived in Indiana, my wife and I were "adopted" by the regulars at a local cafe. It started out we just went there often, and started to recognize the group, and eventually we were pulled into their conversations across the tables, then invited to join them. We'd meet with their group every Saturday (pulling together 3 or 4 tables which were auspiciously marked as "reserved") and occasionally join some of them for dinner at other restaurants.

One of their favorite parting lines was "Be sure you get to work on time Monday, keep those SS checks coming!" :)

The restaurant has closed (but another opened), and the gang is down to 3 now. 7 of them have passed on... :Cry:

Damn, I miss those guys/gals. :Frown:

Now we hang out with our neighbors. Their son is 5 years older than I am...

livespive

Wow, you sound just like me :)

For some reason, I've always gravitated towards hanging out with people older than I am. When we lived in Indiana, my wife and I were "adopted" by the regulars at a local cafe. It started out we just went there often, and started to recognize the group, and eventually we were pulled into their conversations across the tables, then invited to join them. We'd meet with their group every Saturday (pulling together 3 or 4 tables which were auspiciously marked as "reserved") and occasionally join some of them for dinner at other restaurants.

One of their favorite parting lines was "Be sure you get to work on time Monday, keep those SS checks coming!" :)

The restaurant has closed (but another opened), and the gang is down to 3 now. 7 of them have passed on... :Cry:

Damn, I miss those guys/gals. :Frown:

Now we hang out with our neighbors. Their son is 5 years older than I am...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Wow, you sound just like me :)
:)

So now, serious question since you (and others here) are ahead of me... how is the transition from hanging out with people older than you, to being the older person in the group? I'm at that point where we also have some younger friends, and more than once at a party where their other, younger friends are introduced, they cannot believe my wife and I are 10-15 years older than they are. I guess that's a good thing, not sure how long it'll last! :Roflmao:

Right now, I don't find it too difficult, although there are a few I have met at these gatherings that just annoy the shit out of me because they are immature for their age (dumbasses, as Red Forman would say). Or maybe the others are just have old souls, I dunno.

Sorry, guess I'm kinda hijacking this thread. :Laugh:

livespive

No problem, I think everyone else is enjoying the weather :)

I haven't really noticed it yet with the people that I hang with, but as you said it does feel bad watching them pass on....

I see it more so at work. When I started here, I was the youngest, but had an old soul. We would talk about stuff, and someone would say how old are you, when I told them 37, they would flip because I talk older then tem and they were 50.

Well it hit me this year in meeting, we were all joking and one of the ladies has a 2 year old, and she was thinking about another one.
Well she says her age, the other guys don't really say much because they are older than me. I look at her and I am like, I guess I am officially old now, because I could be your dad if I had you when I was 16......

I guess I look at it like this, if with age comes wisdom, then I am way ahead of the game.

But keep in the back of your mind when dealing with the real young ones....

Just ask yourself "How did the other folk that were your age at that time act?" You will find out that they were acting just like the ones that annoyed you at the party ;)

:)

So now, serious question since you (and others here) are ahead of me... how is the transition from hanging out with people older than you, to being the older person in the group? I'm at that point where we also have some younger friends, and more than once at a party where their other, younger friends are introduced, they cannot believe my wife and I are 10-15 years older than they are. I guess that's a good thing, not sure how long it'll last! :Roflmao:

Right now, I don't find it too difficult, although there are a few I have met at these gatherings that just annoy the shit out of me because they are immature for their age (dumbasses, as Red Forman would say). Or maybe the others are just have old souls, I dunno.

Sorry, guess I'm kinda hijacking this thread. :Laugh:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GLAD YOU MADE IT G!
WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER AND INTO MY TWEENTYS, I HUNG OUT WITH FOLKS THAT WERE MUCH OLDER THAN ME. WHEN I WAS IN MY 30'S, HUNG OUT WITH FOLKS AROUND MY AGE. 40'S AND 50'S, FOLKS YOUNGER THAN ME. 60, MOST ARE YOUNGER THAN ME, SOME ARE OLDER. SOMETIMES ITS JUST INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT LIFE IS LIKE FOR ALL AGES NOW.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
GLAD YOU MADE IT G!
WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER AND INTO MY TWEENTYS, I HUNG OUT WITH FOLKS THAT WERE MUCH OLDER THAN ME. WHEN I WAS IN MY 30'S, HUNG OUT WITH FOLKS AROUND MY AGE. 40'S AND 50'S, FOLKS YOUNGER THAN ME. 60, MOST ARE YOUNGER THAN ME, SOME ARE OLDER. SOMETIMES ITS JUST INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT LIFE IS LIKE FOR ALL AGES NOW.
Dear WAMO:

I would "fit right in" with your "circle" ... because having been born in Waukegan, Ill. -- the same place and hospital as Jack Benny -- I have, like Jack did, the license to permanently remain at age 39