Words from a Confederate General

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Another General on monuments,
""As regards the erection of such a monument as is contemplated, my conviction is, that, however grateful it would be to the feelings of the South, the attempt, in the present condition of the country, would have the effect of retarding instead of accelerating its accomplishment, and of continuing if not adding to the difficulties under which the Southern people labor."
Robert E. Lee.
Ok?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I know I am SOOOOOOO harmed by the statues.

:Geek:
Yeah, but you're a manly man who was raised in an era where winners were winners and losers were losers, and kids got their asses beat by their parents when needed. These statues are mercilessly mind-fucking todays delicate snowflakes!
:Laugh:

Joking aside... when you consider the confederates fighting for secession were anti-Union (as in, against being part of the United States, declaring war against the USA to fight for their own independence), then you have to admit it is odd that the United States would have ever allowed them to be erected in the first place.

For example, do we have monuments for any other enemy leaders the USA has gone to war against?

In that context, the decisions of 100 or so years ago to allow them does not make any sense.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yup...DOWN goes the statue of liberty. DOWN goes the Lincoln Memorial. DOWN goes Mount Rushmore. Let's just tear the living fuck out of our entire history. The fucking schools have been lying to us for many many years anyway, so who gives a flying fuck by now? Fucking kids today have no clue what the truth is anyway. We can thank our useless educators for the shape we're in.

bbfreeburn

Hmmm, does the Statue of Liberty honor someone who tried to divide the country? Did Lincoln preside over states that attempted to keep the institution of slavery alive? Did anyone on Mt. Rushmore do either of the above? If so I missed it in history class.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THIS IS A GREAT THREAD FOLKS.
THE STATUE OF LIBERTY CAME FROM A COUNTRY THAT BACKED GEORGE WASHINGTON, A SLAVE OWNER.
12 PRESIDENTS WERE "SLAVE" OWNERS. SEVERAL IN OFFICE AT THE TIME OF OWNERSHIP.
ABE DID RESIDE OVER STATES THAT STILL HAD SLAVERY WHILE HE WAS IN OFFICE.
R E LEE SAID "IN THE PRESENT CONDITION OF THE COUNTRY" NOT THAT HE WOULD NEVER WANT A STATUE ERECTED.
DEFACING PUBLIC PROPERTY IS A CRIME. SPRAY PAINTING OR TEARING DOWN A STATUE, AS EXAMPLES.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Hmmm, does the Statue of Liberty honor someone who tried to divide the country? Did Lincoln preside over states that attempted to keep the institution of slavery alive? Did anyone on Mt. Rushmore do either of the above? If so I missed it in history class.
The Statue of Liberty symbolizes freedom and the democracy of the United States. Apparently, the looooney left sees that as a threat now days because they are fighting against the republican party which is the party THAT FREED THE SLAVES. Lincoln was a republican who led the fight AGAINST slavery and claimed victory over the DEMOCRAT SLAVE OWNERS. Mount Rushmore holds the faces of SLAVE OWNERS, for which WE are now responsible, according to the loooooooney left. No, you most likely didn;t miss anything in history class. If you look at one of my posts you'll see where I said the fucking useless educators in this country are responsible for lying to their students all along. AND, it's now getting much worse because they're even trying to erase the the propaganda they taught us in the first place.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Personally, I don't have any strong feelings, one way or another, with regard to Robert E. Lee, but here's what Dwight D. Eisenhower (Supreme Allied Commander of WW II and former U.S. president) had to say about Lee's character. Writing in 1960, Eisenhower declared of Lee ...

To the degree that present-day American youth will strive to emulate his rare qualities, including his devotion to this land as revealed in his painstaking efforts to help heal the nation’s wounds once the bitter struggle was over, we in our own time of danger in a divided world will be strengthened and our love of freedom sustained."