Censorship is alive and well in America

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Censorship in America is alive, well and spreading rapidly in the guise of political correctness. The members of the lamestream media -- both television and newspapers -- are the primary culprits because they could stop it in its tracks if they wanted.

When Donald Trump recently entered the presidential race, he elaborated on illegal Mexican aliens, gangs, criminals and drugs coming across our porous southern border.

The media, Democrats and liberal progressives, along with wimpy Republicans and academia, piled on in attacking Trump, but why?

Can anyone point to anything Trump said that isn't true? Of course not, but the key point is that Democrats and liberals don't want the truth presented for the average American citizen to hear.

Whether or not people support Trump's presidential aspirations, they should appreciate his willingness to step up to the plate and tell it like it is.

Reactions: JLS

bbfreeburn

The problem is with his lame add on; "and some, I assume, are good people." Implying, of course, that you'd be hard pressed to find the good ones. You've heard the phrase "damning with faint praise?" And it isn't only media. He's lost business and even Republicans have distanced themselves from him. (of course that's the nature of politics.) Of course what he said is true. But is it true of every Mexican who crosses the border? Of course not, but his clear implication is that it is. Do you agree that all Mexicans in this country are criminals?

Reactions: JLS

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The problem is with his lame add on; "and some, I assume, are good people." Implying, of course, that you'd be hard pressed to find the good ones. You've heard the phrase "damning with faint praise?" And it isn't only media. He's lost business and even Republicans have distanced themselves from him. (of course that's the nature of politics.) Of course what he said is true. But is it true of every Mexican who crosses the border? Of course not, but his clear implication is that it is. Do you agree that all Mexicans in this country are criminals?
The ones that cross illegally are.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Do you agree that all Mexicans in this country are criminals?
Dear bbfreeburn:

Of course not, just as all Muslims aren't terrorists and/or supportive of terrorists. But that certainly doesn't mean that we don't have an illegal immigration problem, and it certainly doesn't mean that Donald Trump's words were false.

livespive

I see it like this, yes there is freedom of speech, but do you want someone that runs his mouth like that running the USA?
I don't, that is just a war waiting to happen.

Censorship in America is alive, well and spreading rapidly in the guise of political correctness. The members of the lamestream media -- both television and newspapers -- are the primary culprits because they could stop it in its tracks if they wanted.

When Donald Trump recently entered the presidential race, he elaborated on illegal Mexican aliens, gangs, criminals and drugs coming across our porous southern border.

The media, Democrats and liberal progressives, along with wimpy Republicans and academia, piled on in attacking Trump, but why?

Can anyone point to anything Trump said that isn't true? Of course not, but the key point is that Democrats and liberals don't want the truth presented for the average American citizen to hear.

Whether or not people support Trump's presidential aspirations, they should appreciate his willingness to step up to the plate and tell it like it is.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I see it like this, yes there is freedom of speech, but do you want someone that runs his mouth like that running the USA?
Dear livespive:

Would you prefer more of the usual "running of the mouth" spouting a bunch of lies or "running of the mouth" while telling the truth?

Good Times Good Times

You didn't watch it. You're taking an extreme example (of a POS, I agree with that) and projecting it on to an entire group.

We can't have the debate since you aren't willing to. I tried.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You didn't watch it. You're taking an extreme example (of a POS, I agree with that) and projecting it on to an entire group.

We can't have the debate since you aren't willing to. I tried.
Dear Good Times Good Times:

Regardless of any posted videos, is there anything that Trump said that isn't true? Or is he speaking the truth, but for some reason(s), he shouldn't speak the truth?