Censorship is alive and well in America

JLS

Trump was wrong if he meant all Mexican's are no good...More than likely he has many working for him...

He should have made in CLEAR he meant the drug dealers and criminals...If that is what he meant....

But to say all are no good....was wrong...

He just pissed off 14 % of the voting block...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Trump was wrong if he meant all Mexican's are no good...More than likely he has many working for him...

He should have made in CLEAR he meant the drug dealers and criminals...If that is what he meant....

But to say all are no good....was wrong...

He just pissed off 14 % of the voting block...
Anyone who crosses the border illegally is a criminal

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Anyone who crosses the border illegally is a criminal
While I agree, where The Donald (does anyone refer to him as that anymore?) went wrong was asserting that all illegal immigrants are drug dealers and murderers. While some undoubtedly fall into that category, many are just looking for opportunity.

I knew of a guy who left Honduras, he was here illegally (but was trying to get paperwork in line to become legal). He rode on top of trains, walked, hitch hiked, swam... mostly at night because he also had to dodge the cartels and capture before getting here too. It wasn't easy. But he did it because he was broke and saw no opportunity where he was. To my knowledge he had no criminal background. Don't know what happened to him, but I imagine his story is not unique.

On the flip side, I have a neighbor who was born and raised in Mexico, and she came here legally and is now an American citizen. Her family wanted to come visit, and they wanted to do it legally. It took them 2 or 3 years... YEARS. to get approved for a 2 week visit. I don't know if she had any trouble obtaining citizenship or how long that took - I do know she served in our military though.

So yeah, the system is broken. Our immigration policies/enforcement are a damn dumpster fire. But I don't blame the poor and downtrodden for trying to get here. Hell, honestly I'd do it too if I had nothing else to lose. Who wouldn't? But IMO both Mexico and the US need better policy/procedures AND enforcement of said policies for dealing with this issue.

Right now, Trump is the only one who shows the slightest interest in tackling the problem head on (even if his approach is crude and not well thought out) and not simply giving lip service to kick the can further down the road. I'll give the guy credit for that, but if he wants to be taken serious he has to get his shit together and lay out some well thought out plans/ideas and stop shooting from the hip (or lip, as is the case here. lol )

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... and don't forget that between one-fourth and one third of all prisoners in the U.S. are illegal aliens.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
TRUMP SHOT FROM THE HIP AND GOT ALOT OF ATTENTION. SEEMS IT WORKED FOR WHAT HE WAS GOING FOR, ATTENTION. EVERYBODY HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT. NOW EVERYONE IS WAITING TO HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY NEXT. AND IF HE DOES COME UP WITH A "GOOD" PLAN, WHO KNOWS.
A BIG PART OF MY PROBLEM ABOUT COMING "HERE" TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR THEMSELF, IS MOST OF THEM SEND MOST OF THE MONEY THEY MAKE BACK HOME. THAT IS PURE BULLSHIT!!!
I WORK IN CONSTRUCTION HERE IN DALLAS AND WORK AROUND ALOT OF ILLEGALS. THEY ALL TELL ME THAT WHEN CARTELS OR LOCAL POLICE BACK HOME FIND OUT THEY WORK HERE IN THE STATES, THEY HOLD THEIR FAMILIES HOSTAGE UNTIL THEY SEND THEM THOUSANDS OF US DOLLARS. AND SOMETIMES THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS WIND UP DEAD. HOW IS THAT BETTER FOR THEM? OR US?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You have to try and imagine how bad it must be for them. Think about what situation would make you leave your family and go to another country... knowing that drug cartels might find out and kidnap/kill your family while you're gone... all for the opportunity to make $8 (or less) an hour. It has to be total shit down there, or millions would not be taking those risks for what we would think of as low paying jobs - but that $8 (or less) an hour is worth risking their (and their families) lives for.

livespive

Exactly, Or pushing off on a board from Cuba trying to get here.

"I WORK IN CONSTRUCTION HERE IN DALLAS AND WORK AROUND ALOT OF ILLEGALS. THEY ALL TELL ME THAT WHEN CARTELS OR LOCAL POLICE BACK HOME FIND OUT THEY WORK HERE IN THE STATES, THEY HOLD THEIR FAMILIES HOSTAGE UNTIL THEY SEND THEM THOUSANDS OF US DOLLARS. AND SOMETIMES THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS WIND UP DEAD. HOW IS THAT BETTER FOR THEM? OR US?"

That is the catch 22 even if they got here leagally, and were able to get the family here they would piss off the drug dealers and they would be kill here.

What is needed is zero tolerance on the real crimes and stop the BS harsh punishmen for small crime.

You have to try and imagine how bad it must be for them. Think about what situation would make you leave your family and go to another country... knowing that drug cartels might find out and kidnap/kill your family while you're gone... all for the opportunity to make $8 (or less) an hour. It has to be total shit down there, or millions would not be taking those risks for what we would think of as low paying jobs - but that $8 (or less) an hour is worth risking their (and their families) lives for.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
9, I AGREE WITH YOU, 100% ON THAT. THERE ARE MAJOR FLAWS WHERE THEY COME FROM. BUT THEY NEED TO FIX THEIR COUNTRY INSTEAD OF SCREWING UP MINE.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Agree with that too, but unfortunately it doesn't appear that will happen anytime soon (if ever). So we are left with the fallout from living next door to a corrupt government that doesn't care about its people - because the people obviously don't have any way to fight/oust their oppressors.

livespive

Funny you should say that.......

Why didn't the pilgrams fix England instead of running???? Everyone has their reason for running.
IF the Native Americans atced the way we are now, we wouldn't be here.

9, I AGREE WITH YOU, 100% ON THAT. THERE ARE MAJOR FLAWS WHERE THEY COME FROM. BUT THEY NEED TO FIX THEIR COUNTRY INSTEAD OF SCREWING UP MINE.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Agree with that too, but unfortunately it doesn't appear that will happen anytime soon (if ever). So we are left with the fallout from living next door to a corrupt government that doesn't care about its people - because the people obviously don't have any way to fight/oust their oppressors.
True enough.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LIVESPIVE. DIFFERENT CENTURIES, DIFFERENT SITUATIONS. BY THAT THOUGHT PROCESS YOU IMPLY THEY ARE COMING HERE TO TAKE OVER THE US. IF THAT IS THE CASE, OPEN FIRE NOW!

REVerse °

Addicted Member
So we are left with the fallout from living next door to a corrupt government that doesn't care about its people - because the people obviously don't have any way to fight/oust their oppressors.
That is why we have a leg up. The 2nd amendment- and without that - we would be just like Mexico.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
TRUMP SHOT FROM THE HIP AND GOT ALOT OF ATTENTION. SEEMS IT WORKED FOR WHAT HE WAS GOING FOR, ATTENTION. EVERYBODY HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT. NOW EVERYONE IS WAITING TO HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY NEXT. AND IF HE DOES COME UP WITH A "GOOD" PLAN, WHO KNOWS.
... and whether you like Trump or not, you should at least admit that he isn't the typical politician.

livespive

You view it from the wrong side, it's not about coming and taking over, it's about the host people not being friendly.
Yes I agree that some illegals bring crime, but when you see most of them getting stopped, what do you see? Children Mom's.
A truck that gets pulled over full of kids...

Like 9 said they are trying to get away from something very bad. What is that poem on the statue of liberty.

LIVESPIVE. DIFFERENT CENTURIES, DIFFERENT SITUATIONS. BY THAT THOUGHT PROCESS YOU IMPLY THEY ARE COMING HERE TO TAKE OVER THE US. IF THAT IS THE CASE, OPEN FIRE NOW!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THAT SONNET IS AS ARCHAIC AS THE CENTURY IT WAS WRITEN. I DO BELIEVE THAT AT ONE POINT IN TIME, MOST CAME OVER FOR A BETTER LIFE. NOW, MOST ARE JUST HERE FOR THE FREE RIDE. IM NOT SURE THE LAW DIFFERENTIATES BETWEEN MOMS AND DADS. IF THEY ARE ILLEGALS AND BREAKING THE LAW BY BEING HERE, STOP THEM ALL. USEING THE TERM "PROFILING" IS BULLSHIT! ITS NOT THE FAULT OF THE POLICE THAT THE MOM HAS THE KIDS IN THE CAR. AND WHY WOULD WE BE FREINDLY WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE STEALING FROM US? JUST LIKE THE FOLKS THAT WERE HERE WHEN THE FOREFATHERS GOT HERE.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
... AND WHY WOULD WE BE FRIENDLY WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE STEALING FROM US? JUST LIKE THE FOLKS THAT WERE HERE WHEN THE FOREFATHERS GOT HERE.
Valid point. The native American's were upset and fought to keep their land.

...and they lost.