Florida

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Unfortunately this is a fate many small business owners are facing. Hope the best for your BIL.
7 million died in the U.S. during the great depression. 5 percent at the time. We are headed towards deaths due to virus or due to depression later either way.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The only positive thing is my BIL has a cleaning business. As long as his clients business stays open he'd be seemed essential.

livespive

I thought the same thing until I went on one.
I think the best thing is the itinerary. We had several stops and it was fun. I played blackjack and ate while on the ship. We had a balcony room so we were not cramped and we also went with family so there we knew some people.

We've had people try to convince us how much fun cruises are, but I refuse. Being holed up in a tin can with10,000 strangers out in a giant bathtub of creatures that could eat me is not my idea of fun. The only thing most people talk about is the food. OK, I can get good food on land AND not get screwed on drink prices. "Oh, but they have other things to do too. They have shows, and yoga classes, and..." Again, if I wanted to go to a show or do yoga, I can find all of that on land too. And the port stops? If I'm interested in seeing a country/city, I'll book my own stay and fly/drive in and not be bound by the ship's schedule.

Just MO. If you love cruises, that's great. They're just not for me.