Here's a right winger on Trump

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I find it interesting that the article points out that Trump declares that the GOP doesn't have to be unified.

Why doesn't the writer ask GEORGE WILL, MITT ROMNEY, PAUL RYAN, LINDSEY GRAHAM, etc., etc., about unity? People like that don't seem to be interested in "unity" at all ... so do we really need divisive (and borderline hateful) people like that on the Trump Train?
Cmon now, considering how much mud Trump's thrown at some of those guys, not sure it's their job to put out an olive Branch.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
GTGT - I Think the problem is how all the "establishment" Republicans made such a fuss about pressuring The Donald to sign this agreement to support the eventual nominee, unite with the Republicans, and not run an independent campaign that would sabotage their chances in the general election, but are unwilling to give the same respect to the nominee chosen by THE PEOPLE.

It'll be tough enough to beat Hillary, harder yet to beat Hillary AND half the Republicans who, prior to the nominee being chosen, were so concerned and emphatic about uniting to beat the Democrats.

And that makes me want to see Trump win that much more. I'm having a ball watching their entitled little worlds get flipped upside down. The squirming, the hand-wringing, the little tantrums thrown in the media. Simply awesome.

Stay tuned, we might be seeing something that will get written into the history books!
Again, as I've said here many times, I'm not going to vote for someone just because they aren't an established politician. Thats like voting for Obama because he's black or voting for Hilary because she's a woman. It also doesn't mean Trump will be a good president. I honestly don't think Trump is running because he cares about the country no matter what he says.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Again, as I've said here many times, I'm not going to vote for someone just because they aren't an established politician. Thats like voting for Obama because he's black or voting for Hilary because she's a woman. It also doesn't mean Trump will be a good president. I honestly don't think Trump is running because he cares about the country no matter what he says.
Dear Djarum:

What? How can you say that Trump isn't running because he cares about the country? It's
BECAUSE he cares so much about the country that he IS running. Do you really think that if he didn't care about the country that he would leave his cushy mansions and lifestyles of the rich and famous to run for office? Trump doesn't need to run for office, but he feels that the country needs him. And the D.C. politicians have got the country in a pretty big mess, and someone needs to try and fix it.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Actually, I think it's different than voting based on skin color/gender. IF our government was representing THE PEOPLE and working in the best interest of the COUNTRY like they should be, then a candidate like Trump would not be possible. IMO, a vote for Trump isn't simply a vote against the status quo... A vote for Trump is a shot over the bow telling our government to get their shit together because THE PEOPLE are sick and tired of being neglected and seeing our great COUNTRY being abused and raped for the sole benefit of the very, very few while everyone else is slowly being relegated to living in squalor.

Is Donald doing this for US? I don't believe so. I'm not naive enough to think he doesn't see some gain in it for himself. But he is currently, IMO, the only option THE PEOPLE have to peacefully get our point across about how fed up we are with our government. The low approval ratings don't bother them - clearly there is no shame or conscience in DC. Hopefully 4 years of Trump will be enough for them to recognize the error of their ways and start showing a little compassion and consideration for THE PEOPLE going forward.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Djarum:

What? How can you say that Trump isn't running because he cares about the country? It's
BECAUSE he cares so much about the country that he IS running. Do you really think that if he didn't care about the country that he would leave his cushy mansions and lifestyles of the rich and famous to run for office? Trump doesn't need to run for office, but he feels that the country needs him. And the D.C. politicians have got the country in a pretty big mess, and someone needs to try and fix it.
Not only that, he's promised he will not even take a salary, and has hinted that he will use his own jet instead of AF-1. That's not dedication?

toolguru

Total Tool
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

I do think he's done. From a campaign strategist POV I think he's waiting to see what the FBI does about the e-mails thing. If charges are brought he's in. Will they be? Most likely not, but that's "why".
Bernie Sanders is a total flim-flam man. Clams he's for the "little people". If true, why is he still soliciting funds from the little people to continue to run a losing campaign? He can't win the nomination so what's the point of taking their money? For that matter, why are these people still stupid enough to send their money in to a losing cause?

toolguru

Total Tool
Not only that, he's promised he will not even take a salary, and has hinted that he will use his own jet instead of AF-1. That's not dedication?
Get serious. Trump use his own jet instead of Air Force One? C'mon. How much money will that save when you would have to outfit his jet with the security, intelligence, and defense measures that make Air Force One what it is? Just more campaign boola-boola that his followers swallow hook, line and sinker

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Bernie Sanders is a total flim-flam man. Clams he's for the "little people". If true, why is he still soliciting funds from the little people to continue to run a losing campaign? He can't win the nomination so what's the point of taking their money? For that matter, why are these people still stupid enough to send their money in to a losing cause?
My guess is that Bernie is hoping for Hillary to be indicted, and he's staying in the race to be the next man up if that happens.

Good Times Good Times

To be fair I embrace Trump's sentiment there, though, I think the secret service may have something to say about that. Sometimes there are things the President CANNOT control and those things aren't up for debate.

That's one aspect I've always pondered, being in that bubble. For all the benefits :Cool:......you can't even go for a drive :(. Dichotomy of the day.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum:

I'd argue that he could care less about the people and more about satisfying his own ego. Just a mountain he can climb and stake claim.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Actually, I think it's different than voting based on skin color/gender. IF our government was representing THE PEOPLE and working in the best interest of the COUNTRY like they should be, then a candidate like Trump would not be possible. IMO, a vote for Trump isn't simply a vote against the status quo... A vote for Trump is a shot over the bow telling our government to get their shit together because THE PEOPLE are sick and tired of being neglected and seeing our great COUNTRY being abused and raped for the sole benefit of the very, very few while everyone else is slowly being relegated to living in squalor.

Is Donald doing this for US? I don't believe so. I'm not naive enough to think he doesn't see some gain in it for himself. But he is currently, IMO, the only option THE PEOPLE have to peacefully get our point across about how fed up we are with our government. The low approval ratings don't bother them - clearly there is no shame or conscience in DC. Hopefully 4 years of Trump will be enough for them to recognize the error of their ways and start showing a little compassion and consideration for THE PEOPLE going forward.
This is somewhat my take as well. Ignoring policy, can he perform the presidential duties? Can he work with Congress? The States? Other countries? I've seen no evidence that he can.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This is somewhat my take as well. Ignoring policy, can he perform the presidential duties? Can he work with Congress? The States? Other countries? I've seen no evidence that he can.
Have you seen Obama do ANY of these things? Can you show me any evidence that Killary or The Bern can do ANY of these things? Get real. Killary has done everything she can possibly do to work "around" the law and congress. Obama has bypassed congress at every opportunity. And the Bern, well.....

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300

The answers to your questions: NO, NO, NO, NO.

Oh, wait a minute ... I thought those questions referred to Barack Hussein Obama.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IM NOT SURE THAT ANYBODY ON THE PLANET CAN TELL WHAT WILL HAPPEN NO MATER WHO GETS ELECTED. I THINK TRUMP WILL GET MORE ACCOMPLISHED BECAUSE HE WONT OWE FAVORS. NOT EVEN TO THE GOP PARTY. THEY, FOR THE MOST PART, DONT HAVE HIS BACK, SO WHY SHOULD HE WORRY ABOUT THEIRS. AS FAR AS BEING A BULLY, GOOD JOB. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM STANDING UP FOR AMERICA. AND EGO? NAME ONE POLITICIAN, OR MOST ANYONE, IN THE LAST 200 YEARS THAT DOESNT HAVE ONE. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE ANY OF US HEARD SOMEONE SAY "THATS NOT HOW WE DO THINGS AROUND HERE". WELL GUESS WHAT, TRUMP MIGHT BE THE GUY THAT SAYS "WE DO NOW".