Lyin' Ted gave his word, but does his word mean anything?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Listen to the words of Lyin' Ted Cruz, who says, when asked (during a debate) whether he will support the GOP nominee, even if that person is Donald J. Trump.

His answer: "YES, BECAUSE I GAVE MY WORD that I would, and what I have endeavored to do every day in the Senate is to do what I said I would do."

Really?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yeah, I meant to add as much as any other politician. Part of the job description, I think.
... which is one of the reasons we need term limits. That way, after lying their way into office, they'd only be able to lie and deceive the American people for a maximum 12 years or so. But even then, we'd just have more slates of liars to choose from.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND TED SAID TODAY HE WOULD REENTER THE ELECTION PROCESS IF THE VOTERS WANT HIM TO. WHAT!?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
By "voters" I'm sure he means "the republican establishment".

I'm not going to capitalize "republican" any more... they don't deserve even that slightest bit of respect.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Here's Lyin' Jeb asserting that he would support a Trump nomination ... "Yes, I would of course. We need to be unified, we need to win."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, I do believe he open his mouth more and wider. But at least his lies are variable from one day to the next.
... but changing and/or clarifying positions on issues is hardly equivalent to statements intended to deceive, cover up and mislead.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Listen to someone who knows Ted Cruz and has fully researched Lyin' Ted ... and why he asserts that Ted is "an insider's insider" and how Ted "works for the enemy" ...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I'm trying to figure out why it matters? Trumps in and Cruz is out.
... but less than two weeks ago, Lyin' Ted seemed to be leaving the door open to get back into the race, and the GOP establishment is still checking into the possibilities of a third-party candidacy.