The debate

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear WAMO:

The subject of this thread is THE DEBATE, and Jorgensen was nowhere near the debate stage! Therefore, regardless of her qualifications and policies, she can't come close to winning, and for America to continue winning over the next few years, it should be clear that Trump is a far-better choice than Biden!
Especially when Biden is just a front for the democrat party. They have absolutely NO desire for him to run the country.

Scolai

Jo Jorgensen double down on BLM so that's a no vote for me.mi voted Gary Johnson in 16.
She supports the movement (equity for blacks) but not the organization (the Marxist-led anti-American group).

I saw her in Durham in August. She said as much from the podium.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
She supports the movement (equity for blacks) but not the organization (the Marxist-led anti-American group).

There's gotta be something I'm missing. Equity for blacks? Does that mean they will be reduced to having to live the way the whites do? No special college privileges? No affirmative action? No more dedicated TV networks, etc? They'll also have to play by the same rules as we do?

Djarum300

Addicted Member

Equity for blacks is anti libertarian in my view. (Equality != Equity).

Djarum300

Addicted Member
There's gotta be something I'm missing. Equity for blacks? Does that mean they will be reduced to having to live the way the whites do? No special college privileges? No affirmative action? No more dedicated TV networks, etc? They'll also have to play by the same rules as we do?
I think people get confused between equality and equity. Specifically equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome, which is very close in definition to equity. The left banks on this.

I'm all for equality of opportunity. It's extremely difficult (and unethical IMHO) to legislate equality of outcome in both representation or means income.

We'd only have 18 percent NBA league of African Americans. Who'd lose their shit over that?

Why should a salaried person who output is less than someone else's get the same salary?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I think people get confused between equality and equity. Specifically equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome, which is very close in definition to equity. The left banks on this.

I'm all for equality of opportunity. It's extremely difficult (and unethical IMHO) to legislate equality of outcome in both representation or means income.

We'd only have 18 percent NBA league of African Americans. Who'd lose their shit over that?

Why should a salaried person who output is less than someone else's get the same salary?
I'm all in with that. Equality is equality. But when equality turns to priority and superiority I take issue. As I mentioned above, blacks are awarded many perks and privileges that whites are not. Dare I even mention that we should be offered the same? There is a measurable outcome when addressing affirmative action and the UNCF.