The Magic NUMBER is 8...

Robadat

Two games down and the Magic number has not moved for the Cubbies...
Will Jay Cutler show up at Wrigley so he can rightfully take his spot as the latest curse?:Devilish:

Robadat

In the famous words of John Paul Jones..."I have not yet even began to fight"...
The ship is taking on water and listing....
When are they going to begin fighting?

BTW, Did Cutler show up to accept his blame for this latest chapter in Cub futility?

JLS

Well Rob...Let me be the first to say Congrats to your Mets...they simply OUTPLAYED the Cubs...

So if or when they finish off the Cubs...I hope they go all the way...

The Cubs will be back next year...

Now Cub fans look at the bright side...The Cubs gave us excitement for 167 games...That's about 137 more than normal...

And as painful as it might be to see they lose...always remember...IT'S WAY BETTER THAN BEING A sox fan...lol

Robadat

They ain't my Mets, I'm a Yankee fan. :)
I would root for the Mets being a NY guy, but Met fans around here are insufferable when they win. They really make it hard to root for their team. Since the RedSox are out of it, I have to root for the AL in the series after the Cub ship sinks. :eek:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
They ain't my Mets, I'm a Yankee fan. :)
I would root for the Mets being a NY guy, but Met fans around here are insufferable when they win. They really make it hard to root for their team. Since the RedSox are out of it, I have to root for the AL in the series after the Cub ship sinks. :eek:
... but some would say the same thing about the attitude of Yankee fans.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... and that magic number of 8 doesn't seem to be going down lately, and if there isn't a win tonight, the magic number starts with a huge total next spring.

Robadat

... but some would say the same thing about the attitude of Yankee fans.
I guess you wouldn't be too wrong in saying that about the attitude of any NY fan...
But, generally, most Yankee fans don't rub it in the face of Met fans when the Yankees win, unless it's the straight up head to head games...then the gloves come off on both sides...:Biggrin:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I guess you wouldn't be too wrong in saying that about the attitude of any NY fan...
But, generally, most Yankee fans don't rub it in the face of Met fans when the Yankees win, unless it's the straight up head to head games...then the gloves come off on both sides...:Biggrin:
... and then again, fans of every team can be rowdy and/or obnoxious at times -- or frequently, as well.

Robadat

JLS says, "Wait till next year!", for the 107th time.

Congrats to the Cubs for a great season,:Thumbsup: too bad they stopped playing after 167 games...guess they weren't used to playing baseball in mid October...they typically have about 25 rounds of golf in by now....

Spider

Sure we can blame Cutler or the Cubs not making things right with the exiled Bartman, but I agree with jls: The Cubs have a bright future. Also I might add, a lot of $ to buy key FA's.