Trump U

MI2AZ

I thought it was about preying on the fears and hopes of the downtrodden to make the rich even richer?

Trump is really upset at the judge for allowing the release of the documents about Trump U's playbook for separating cash from those who couldn't really afford it. He has attacked his heritage - he is of Mexican descent although he was born in the USA - and accused the judge of being biased based on that.

"I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump," said Donald Trump at a Friday rally in San Diego. "A hater. He's a hater. ... [And he] happens to be, we believe, Mexican." Well, that judge—US District Judge Gonzalo Curiel—has just allowed the release of internal Trump University documents in part of a continuing lawsuit against the school, Reuters reports.

A judge ordered court documents unsealed Tuesday in the fraud case being brought by former customers of Trump University who call it a scam. Donald Trump will be happy to read testimonials like this from one happy customer: “Trump University is some of the best money I ever invested!” per the Washington Post. He will be less pleased to read the testimonials of former managers who say it was business as usual to strong-arm financially vulnerable customers into classes they couldn't afford, reports the New York Times. For example:
  • “I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money," wrote Ronald Schnackenberg, a sales manager for Trump University, which was active from 2005 to 2010.
  • Trump University was "a facade, a total lie," says a former sales exec, Jason Nicholas, in his testimony.
  • “It’s OK, just max out your credit card,” says another former employee, Corrine Sommer, referring to the advice given to customers who were worried about the cost; classes cost as much as $34,995. Another internal sales document reads, "We teach the technique of using OPM ... Other People's Money," in encouraging the use of credit cards to pay for tuition.
  • Another scripted response for those customers, per CBS News: "[D]o you like living paycheck to paycheck? ... Do you enjoy seeing everyone else but yourself in their dream houses and driving their dreams cars with huge checking accounts. Those people saw an opportunity, and didn't make excuses, like what you're doing now. "
  • Team Trump's response: "Trump University looks forward to using this evidence, along with much more, to win when the case is brought before a jury,” says a spokeswoman for Trump. The case is scheduled to go to trial in November, after the presidential election.

livespive

Trump is just mad that he has been exposed to be one of the thieves that he claimed the Mexicans were earlier in the campaign......

Karma is a bitch.

toolguru

Total Tool
The man is a flim flam man of fhe highest order. Anybody can get up there and call somebody a loser, say they're going to be great, blah, blah. There is absolutely no substance behind this man. I can't understand people not seeing thru him. So sad to say it but the enemy of my enemy (he should be everybody's enemy) is my friend so whoever runs against him gets my vote. That's what it boils down to this year

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The man is a flim flam man of fhe highest order. Anybody can get up there and call somebody a loser, say they're going to be great, blah, blah. There is absolutely no substance behind this man. I can't understand people not seeing thru him. So sad to say it but the enemy of my enemy (he should be everybody's enemy) is my friend so whoever runs against him gets my vote. That's what it boils down to this year
... but may it be assumed that you don't consider Barack Hussein Obama as a flim-flam man of the highest order?

livespive

I would say Barack was more of a Trojan Horse more than a flim flam.
Barack was packaged in a nice pretty Hope and Change Bow. There is nothing pretty about Trump.

... but may it be assumed that you don't consider Barack Hussein Obama as a flim-flam man of the highest order?

Good Times Good Times

I'm not a Hillary defender. I have a lot of issues w/her and will not be voting for her. You don't have to convince me, I'm not voting for either Trump or Hillary.

Your cite (or site in this spot) does seem a bit biased though, I went with the actual primary documents. Regardless, I'm not voting Trump or Hillary. I'm out for the day.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Good Times Good Times (and others):

Frankly, I don't see much I like regarding Trump University and I'm certainly not about to take sides in favor of Trump regarding the situation ... BUT I do think that there is FAR TOO MUCH ATTENTION being paid to Trump University, and there NEEDS to be more attention directed toward other far-more-significant campaign issues. Needless to say, the lamestream media will continue to divert attention away from significant issues -- especially those that tend to put Hillary in a negative light -- and focus on such things as Trump University and transgender bathrooms, plus attempting to put the blame on Trump for protesters' actions at his rallies.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Good Times Good Times (and others):

Frankly, I don't see much I like regarding Trump University and I'm certainly not about to take sides in favor of Trump regarding the situation ... BUT I do think that there is FAR TOO MUCH ATTENTION being paid to Trump University, and there NEEDS to be more attention directed toward other far-more-significant campaign issues. Needless to say, the lamestream media will continue to divert attention away from significant issues -- especially those that tend to put Hillary in a negative light -- and focus on such things as Trump University and transgender bathrooms, plus attempting to put the blame on Trump for protesters' actions at his rallies.
They HAVE nothing else, AW. They're scratching at straws to find something to pin him. This is the best they can do.

Good Times Good Times

Damn liberals, why they care so much about unimportant issues like fraud is disgusting. LOL j/k :Giggle:

To be fair though, pretty much everything on American TV between 10pm and 10am is an emotionally charged pitch to separate the elderly and gullible from their money.

I think the difference here is the intent. If programs aren't delivering but there was reasonably grounds to believe that they would it's clearly not fraud. When you know going in it's likely to lead to a bad outcome and you're charging a hefty price tag, that's getting a bit closer to the mark.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Damn liberals, why they care so much about unimportant issues like fraud is disgusting. LOL j/k :Giggle:

To be fair though, pretty much everything on American TV between 10pm and 10am is an emotionally charged pitch to separate the elderly and gullible from their money.

I think the difference here is the intent. If programs aren't delivering but there was reasonably grounds to believe that they would it's clearly not fraud. When you know going in it's likely to lead to a bad outcome and you're charging a hefty price tag, that's getting a bit closer to the mark.

Fraud? Looks to me like upselling. Everyone does it. Even the all the electronics stores are guilty. You walk in expecting to pay xxxx and walk out after paying xxxxxxxxxxx. And let's not even discuss car dealerships...