Trump U

MI2AZ

Donald Trump issued a statement Tuesday in which he blames the media for his "misconstrued" comments on Judge Gonzalo Curiel, whose Mexican heritage Trump says make him unfit to preside over the Trump University case. The Charlotte Observer calls it a "non-apology," and Politico characterizes it as an attempt to "calm the firestorm." The statement comes shortly after Paul Ryan called Trump's claim the "textbook definition of a racist comment" and Sen. Mark Kirk called it "un-American." Politico also reports the statement was only issued after RNC chairman Reince Priebus called Trump and asked him to "walk the comments back."

In his statement, Trump blamed the media for reporting falsehoods, defended Trump University, and insisted once again that he isn't racist. “I am friends with and employ thousands of people of Mexican and Hispanic descent.” He also says his questions about Curiel, who was born in Indiana, are "fair" and points out the judge was appointed by President Obama. Trump closes the statement by saying he doesn't plan to comment any further. The Trump University trial is scheduled for November. It's unclear how much Trump's comments about Curiel have hurt him. While Kirk said he would no longer be able to support Trump, Ryan says he'll still vote for him. And Newt Gingrich, who called the comments "inexcusable," says he's still impressed by Trump.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
The only thing I can say is at least Trump doesn't have BLOOD on his hands.

People are so worried about this Trump university, in stead of Hillary and how much blood is on her hands. She has more blood on her hands then Trump would ever have on his hands.

And that has far more consequences than any university.

MI2AZ

You know, I wish that one of the requirements for running for Commander-In-Chief of the military (President), was to have at least four years of active duty on their resume. I am so tired of seeing these people running for that office who, when they could have served, instead spent their time and money on finding ways to avoid service (deferments, etc). At least that would show that they truly did respect their country and flag instead of paying lip service after the fact.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK THE FIRST REQUIERMENT SHOULD BE TO HAVE ALL OF AMERICAS BEST INTREST AT HEART. MILITARY DUTY WONT FIX THAT.

livespive

So what does that do to people that would have liked to serve, but could not? Medical reasons etc.

Just because you severed does not make you a good commander, just like graduating top of your business management class does not mean you will be a good manager.

You know, I wish that one of the requirements for running for Commander-In-Chief of the military (President), was to have at least four years of active duty on their resume. I am so tired of seeing these people running for that office who, when they could have served, instead spent their time and money on finding ways to avoid service (deferments, etc). At least that would show that they truly did respect their country and flag instead of paying lip service after the fact.

MI2AZ

So what does that do to people that would have liked to serve, but could not? Medical reasons etc.

Just because you severed does not make you a good commander, just like graduating top of your business management class does not mean you will be a good manager.

Or just like being a business owner means you can lead a country?

Good point, I did not think of medical reasons. That is why this country should have alternate methods of serving in place of military duty, like other countries do. Serve two-four years in the health care or retirement systems, something that helps others.

And I am pretty sure Trump will do a good job of 'severing' this country. :)

And besides, my main point is that someone who intentionally tried to avoid military duty should not be leading this country. He had, I think four deferments to avoid serving. He is good at saying how much he wants to help this country as long as he doesn't have to put his own life on the line and can put others' on the line. I never liked officers who wanted to lead from the rear.

Last edited:

livespive

Yeah, I wanted to goto the AF Academy but I have epilepsy.
Also, another point, it wasn't until just lately that females could serve.
There were two females that ran before that would not have been able to run if the service thing would have been a factor.

Trust me though, I did get your main point. If you tried to avoid service then you should not get to lead.

Or just like being a business owner means you can lead a country?

Good point, I did not think of medical reasons. That is why this country should have alternate methods of serving in place of military duty, like other countries do. Serve two-four years in the health care or retirement systems, something that helps others.

And I am pretty sure Trump will do a good job of 'severing' this country. :)

And besides, my main point is that someone who intentionally tried to avoid military duty should not be leading this country. He had, I think four deferments to avoid serving. He is good at saying how much he wants to help this country as long as he doesn't have to put his own life on the line and can put others' on the line. I never liked officers who wanted to lead from the rear.

MI2AZ

Yeah, I wanted to goto the AF Academy but I have epilepsy.
Also, another point, it wasn't until just lately that females could serve.
There were two females that ran before that would not have been able to run if the service thing would have been a factor.

Trust me though, I did get your main point. If you tried to avoid service then you should not get to lead.

Sorry that you could not get a chance to try the USAF Academy. You would have liked the USAF, I think. I have been around both the Army and Air Force in my career and the difference is Air Force is We and the Army is Me. You do get promoted faster in the Army, so if it is Me, then that would work.

Women have been serving since at least WW2 - WASPS, WAVES, WAFS, and WACS It is only lately that they are allowed to serve in combat jobs but even prior to that, many women were serving in combat zones.

MI2AZ

... or like being a community organizer means you can lead a country?

I did not vote for Obama nor do I really like him so you are barking up the wrong tree there. However, since he is the President, I do respect the rank. That is probably where I differ from many because whereas I may disagree with many of his policies, I will not personally insult him.

And again, it is the type of personality that tries actively to avoid serving their country but wants to be the leader, like Trump, that I am mainly against.

livespive

Funny though, I guess it kind of worked out because the company that I work for does work at WPAFB, so I have been out there.
My dad was in the Army and my uncle was in the Air Force. For the field that I was going into the Air Force seemed right.

Sorry that you could not get a chance to try the USAF Academy. You would have liked the USAF, I think. I have been around both the Army and Air Force in my career and the difference is Air Force is We and the Army is Me. You do get promoted faster in the Army, so if it is Me, then that would work.

Women have been serving since at least WW2 - WASPS, WAVES, WAFS, and WACS It is only lately that they are allowed to serve in combat jobs but even prior to that, many women were serving in combat zones.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SINCE MILITARY SERVICE ISNT MANDATORY ANYMORE, THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE NON MILITARY PRESIDENTS. LESS THAN HALF THAT WERE IN THE MILITARY EVEN SAW COMBAT. SO WOULD A DESK JOB AT A MILITARY BASE COUNT?