U.S. Marine vet punished after protesting daughter's mandatory recitation of Muslim creed

Scolai

I'm sure that the children of Islam are dutifully memorizing elements of the Pentateuch or the Torah or maybe the Beatitudes...

livespive

If in the USA nothing.....

I might assume that they may do something behind closed doors (only radicals). I know an Islam couple that has a child, but she under puberty so I know things change. I do know that there are things that they can choose not to do. I know that the man's siter that I know, does not wear her hijab, and dresses pretty western and she still has her head. Only in the radical form would the brother feel the need to claim his families honor and do something to the sister for such an act.

Does anyone know (or have a pretty good idea) whether or not Islamic children could be allowed or encouraged to recite something that pertains to another religion? And what would be the likely result if such a thing happened?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I COULD HAVE MISREAD THE CLASS, BUT I THOUGHT IT SAID HISTORY CLASS, NOT RELIGIOUS HISTORY. IF IT IS BASED SOULY ON RELIGION, IT SHOULD NOT BE A REQUIERED CLASS, BUT AN ELECTIVE. I CANT SPEAK FOR ALL STATES, BUT HERE IN TEXAS YOU CANT RECITE PRAYERS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT ON SCHOOL GROUNDS. BECAUSE OF WHAT THE ATHIESTS AND AGNOSTICS DID YEARS AGO ABOUT NOT WANTING KIDS TO SAY PRAYERS WHO DIDNT BELIEVE THERE WAS A GOD OF ANY KIND. PRECEDENT SET HERE. FATHER WOULD WIN.