WTF

livespive

what is it with adults now being tattle tais?

BBQ Becky
Permit Patty

Now this:

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/state-ne...-grass-now-his-business-is-booming/1273274320

Also we have a little boy suffering from a rare form of cancer and they have been doing fundraisers for him with no problem. Well they were going to do a bingo fundraiser and things were going fine until someone called the Attorney General on them saying they didn’t have a permit. A church stepped up to sponsor them but the AG wouldn’t let it through right away and they had to reschedule it.

So basically every time I see a lemonade stand I should call the cops???????

These kids could be robbing you, but they are trying to do constructive things.

As far as the AG The child can only get treated in Mexico and the fundraiser was for him.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I GET WHAT YOUR SAYING LIVE, BUT WHERE IS THE LINE. ISNT IT ON EVERYONES MIND RIGHT NOW, "SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING". GRANTED, SOME OF THAT IS ASININE. WHEN WILL WE SEE ON THE NEWS, "NEIGHBORHOOD POISONED AT LEMONADE STAND". IT WILL HAPPEN SOMEDAY.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I haven't read the articles about BBQ Becky or Permit Patty, but the link you shared about the boy cutting grass was just some crabby douche being an oversensitive asshole. Some people are just psychotic and batshit crazy about other people even slightly touching their lawn. Must be a mental disease (OCD?) otherwise I can't fathom why anyone would give a shit about something like that.

As for the fundraiser. I guess some people just can't help themselves and simply MUST be petty pricks at every given opportunity.

Lemonade stands... if the kids are smart they'll spike it and quadruple their sales with an increased price point. Just watch out fer them durn revenuers!

livespive

That’s the the point WAMO. Little Becky selling lemonade doesn’t get the cops called on them (open container). But yet the selling closed container water gets called on.

If you are not buying mind your business.

I usually don’t take the product, but I donate to the child because they are doing positive things.

I GET WHAT YOUR SAYING LIVE, BUT WHERE IS THE LINE. ISNT IT ON EVERYONES MIND RIGHT NOW, "SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING". GRANTED, SOME OF THAT IS ASININE. WHEN WILL WE SEE ON THE NEWS, "NEIGHBORHOOD POISONED AT LEMONADE STAND". IT WILL HAPPEN SOMEDAY.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Look at my post about big Government. Food trucks got into trouble when they went to Houston to feed people because they didn't have a permit

Permits and business licensing are just money grabs by the government.

I get why food/restraunts need to have permits and health checks, but bake sales and lemonade stand well that's just dumb.

Last year a lawn business called the cops on a teen mowing lawns in the neighborhood. I'll have to find the article, but the owner of the lawn business said he had to pay expensive permits and insurance to do business, and so should anyone else, including a teen mowing the lawn for the summers.

Here is the article. This took place about 80 miles from my house.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...ity-ordinance-on-lawn-mowing-license.amp.html

Another good article:

https://fee.org/articles/lemonade-stands-legalized-in-utah/

As I get older I'm more and more leaning libertarian. I get the need for safety and all that. Regulations have become a curtain for other businesses to hide behind. Many big businesses were the ones who even wrote the regulations so they are protected. Just look at how the taxis are protected in NYC. Competition breeds better service and lower prices. Regulations prevent that.

Last edited:

livespive

Yeah I read it, some of it is permit driven, but most is race driven. Especially in these instances. Like the pool guy, he goes to the ONLY black family at the pool and questions them. Why didn’t he question anyone else? He should have questioned everyone else. Even if he he is racist he should have been smarter and at least checked a white family too, that way he would have not got in trouble.

The lady calling the cops on the people BBQing in the Park was just as bad.

People need to mind their own business.

Look at my post about big Government. Food trucks got into trouble when they went to Houston to feed people because they didn't have a permit

Permits and business licensing are just money grabs by the government.

I get why food/restraunts need to have permits and health checks, but bake sales and lemonade stand well that's just dumb.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Yeah I read it, some of it is permit driven, but most is race driven. Especially in these instances. Like the pool guy, he goes to the ONLY black family at the pool and questions them. Why didn’t he question anyone else? He should have questioned everyone else. Even if he he is racist he should have been smarter and at least checked a white family too, that way he would have not got in trouble.

The lady calling the cops on the people BBQing in the Park was just as bad.

People need to mind their own business.
I edited my OP for more information

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHEN THE ECONOMY TOOK THAT BIG HIT IN 2008, MOST ALL THE MAJOR CITIES STARTED COMING UP WITH WAYS TO INCREASE REVENUE FOR THE NEXT TIME. AND GET READY, CUZ THERE IS ANOTHER BIG CRASH COMING. IM AN ELECTRICIAN AND WORK OUT OF DALLAS. 6 TO 8 MONTHS AFTER THE FALLOUT OF '08, THE CITY SAID WE HAD TO GET PERMITS FOR EVERYTHING NOW. IF I GO INTO A HOUSE TO WIRE FOR AND INSTALL A CEILING FAN, YOU GOT IT, THEY WANT ME TO PERMIT IT.IF I GET CAUGHT WITHOUT A PERMIT, I COULD BE FINED UP TO $10,000 AND LOSE MY LICENSE. I ALSO HAVE TO PAY FOR AND TAKE A CONTINUING EDUCATION TEST, AND PASS IT, EVERY YEAR. SO WHEN I HEAR OF A HANDY MAN DOING ELECTRICAL WORK, YOU BET YOUR ASS I GET MAD. DO I TURN THEM IN, NO. WOULD I GIVE THEM AN EARFUL, FUCK YES I WILL. EVERY YEAR I HAVE TO PAY FOR LICENSING, BUSINESS INSURANCE, TESTING, PERMITS AND ANY NUMBER OF OTHER THINGS BUSINESS RELATED.
AND LIVE, I THINK US MINDING OUR OWN BUSINESS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA ANYMORE. TO MANY BAD THINGS HAPPENING THAT PEOPLE THAT KNOW ABOUT, ARENT SAYING.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I agree most if this crap are just cash grabs by the government. Like our yearly motor vehicle inspections. Daily I see rolling piles of shit that I wouldn't drive anywhere but in a demolition derby, so it's clear inspections don't do anything but pad the pockets. Fine, just give me the option of mailing in an extra $50 without the added hassle of a trip to some shady "inspection station", cut the shit and get on with our lives.

But to Live's point... not everything is a threat. Family BBQ in the park? A lady and a couple kids swimming? Kids lemonade stands? A teen mowing the lawn? Come on. Now a kid posting threats / disturbing content on social media - or building bombs in his backyard? Certainly.

And for the record - I hang my own ceiling fans, light fixtures and replace my own outlets when we remodel. And I don't get no permits or permission. Why? 'MURICA, MOTHERFUCKER!! That's why! :Thumbsup: :D :Roflmao: :cool:

livespive

See you are putting me and WAMO out of work.:p

I agree most if this crap are just cash grabs by the government. Like our yearly motor vehicle inspections. Daily I see rolling piles of shit that I wouldn't drive anywhere but in a demolition derby, so it's clear inspections don't do anything but pad the pockets. Fine, just give me the option of mailing in an extra $50 without the added hassle of a trip to some shady "inspection station", cut the shit and get on with our lives.

But to Live's point... not everything is a threat. Family BBQ in the park? A lady and a couple kids swimming? Kids lemonade stands? A teen mowing the lawn? Come on. Now a kid posting threats / disturbing content on social media - or building bombs in his backyard? Certainly.

And for the record - I hang my own ceiling fans, light fixtures and replace my own outlets when we remodel. And I don't get no permits or permission. Why? 'MURICA, MOTHERFUCKER!! That's why! :Thumbsup: :D :Roflmao: :cool:

REVerse °

Addicted Member
WHEN THE ECONOMY TOOK THAT BIG HIT IN 2008, MOST ALL THE MAJOR CITIES STARTED COMING UP WITH WAYS TO INCREASE REVENUE FOR THE NEXT TIME. AND GET READY, CUZ THERE IS ANOTHER BIG CRASH COMING. IM AN ELECTRICIAN AND WORK OUT OF DALLAS. 6 TO 8 MONTHS AFTER THE FALLOUT OF '08, THE CITY SAID WE HAD TO GET PERMITS FOR EVERYTHING NOW. IF I GO INTO A HOUSE TO WIRE FOR AND INSTALL A CEILING FAN, YOU GOT IT, THEY WANT ME TO PERMIT IT.IF I GET CAUGHT WITHOUT A PERMIT, I COULD BE FINED UP TO $10,000 AND LOSE MY LICENSE. I ALSO HAVE TO PAY FOR AND TAKE A CONTINUING EDUCATION TEST, AND PASS IT, EVERY YEAR. SO WHEN I HEAR OF A HANDY MAN DOING ELECTRICAL WORK, YOU BET YOUR ASS I GET MAD. DO I TURN THEM IN, NO. WOULD I GIVE THEM AN EARFUL, FUCK YES I WILL. EVERY YEAR I HAVE TO PAY FOR LICENSING, BUSINESS INSURANCE, TESTING, PERMITS AND ANY NUMBER OF OTHER THINGS BUSINESS RELATED.
AND LIVE, I THINK US MINDING OUR OWN BUSINESS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA ANYMORE. TO MANY BAD THINGS HAPPENING THAT PEOPLE THAT KNOW ABOUT, ARENT SAYING.
You mean the manufactured "CRISIS" that Hussein created in order to shove through a $1,000,000,000,000 "stimulus" slush fund used for political favors and non shovel ready jobs?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ONE OF MY FAVORITE PHONE CALLS I GET, "HI WAMO. THIS IS MRS SMITH. WE BOUGHT A NEW LIGHT FOR THE BATHROOM. MY HUSBAND INSTALLED IT OVER THE WEEKEND. CAN YOU STOP BY AND FIX IT". I GET THOSE EVERY WEEK. :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
See you are putting me and WAMO out of work.:p
OK, I will admit I recently had an electrician hang 1 ceiling fan and a new entry light. Both were on high ceilings and I didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach. The ceiling fan wasn't bad, but the entry light was 19 feet up, 5 feet out from any wall. I bet that poor guy was sore as hell stretching out to reach that spot and wire everything basically one handed. I watched him do it and was hoping he wasn't going to fall and kill himself trying to get that one done. Scaffolding is what we really needed for that job... he earned his money on that one!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I KNOW THOSE ALL TO WELL. I TELL CUSTOMERS, WHEN THEY WATCH ME DO THOSE, I AM NOT SCARED OF FALLING, I AM SCARED OF LANDING. SOMETIMES SCAFFOLDING IS THE ONLY WAY, BUT THATS JUST MORE CHANCES OF WALLS GETTING TORN UP OR FLOORS GETTING SCRATCHED.

Djarum300

Addicted Member

To run wire or just to install? Doesn't take an electrician to install a fan. To run wire from a switch or breaker? Sure.

If they are requiring permits just to install a fan, I'd be moving ASAP.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
RUN WIRE AND INSTALL A SWITCH. ACTUALLY DJ, A HOMEOWNER CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. BUT A "HANDY MAN" OR AN INDIVIDUAL UNLICENSED AND UNINSURED HIRING OUT CANNOT. IF YOU HIRE A HANDY MAN TO WIRE SOMETHING AND YOUR HOUSE BURNS DOWN, DO TO HIS WORK, GOOD LUCK HAVING INSURANCE PAY FOR IT.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THEY DONT FORCE YOU TO GET A PERMIT JUST TO INSTALL A FAN. BUT THEY WANT YOU TOO IF ANY WIRING IS DONE. SOMETIMES THE WORK INVOLVED COULD BE LESS THAN THE PERMIT

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Wiring is so easy, I don't see why we even need electricians. I mean, all I do is take the black, white, and green wire from the fixture, strip about 6"of the insulation back, and twist them all together. Then I take the wires in the ceiling (or wall) and do the same. If there's a 4th wire that's got a stripe on it, just cut that fucker off and throw it away. It's only there so the wire company can jack the price up and make more money - it don't do nothing but get in the damn way! Then, take the twist of wires from the ceiling and the twist of wires from the fixture and twist them all together. However, I don't know where you guys get wire nuts big enough to put on these... all the ones at Home Depot are too small, so I make my own with three 3/4" nuts and a shitload of black tape. :Eek:

For some reason, though, I seem to always get bad fixtures from the store. They never seem to work... must all be made in the same shitty factory, because every one of 'em starts to spark and smoke as soon as I flip the breaker back on. :Roflmao:

DISCLAIMER!!

For anyone on the internet that accidentally stumbled on this info and doesn't know better... DO NOT DO THAT!! The previous info was a joke! If you weren't thinking "This is the dumbest, most assinine, worst advice I've ever seen", then you need to hire an electrician for everything - possiblely even to help you figure out how to flip the switch and turn a light on. ;)

Djarum300

Addicted Member
RUN WIRE AND INSTALL A SWITCH. ACTUALLY DJ, A HOMEOWNER CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. BUT A "HANDY MAN" OR AN INDIVIDUAL UNLICENSED AND UNINSURED HIRING OUT CANNOT. IF YOU HIRE A HANDY MAN TO WIRE SOMETHING AND YOUR HOUSE BURNS DOWN, DO TO HIS WORK, GOOD LUCK HAVING INSURANCE PAY FOR IT.
For running wire, sure. I need some wire ran in my garage that I could do myself, but I'd rather have an electrician don't for as your talking about, insurance.

It doesn't require a permit here to run wire on an existing wall/breaker here in alabama. Any new walls would require a permit as the wall itself requires a permit.