Another warm and fuzzy

Scolai

ANOTHER KID KILLED BY AN EVIL GUNNER. WE ARE DOOMED.
You prefer, then, that innocent homeowners become the ones killed instead of the vicious little shits that break into innocent people's homes?

What exactly are your priorities in the matter of victims vs victimizers?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF A COP SHOOTS AN UNARMED CRIMINAL ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. THEY ARE FIRED AND POSSIBLE CHARGES BROUGHT. HOMEOWNER SHOOTS UNARMED CRIMINAL AND NOTHING HAPPENS? I DONT GET THE DOUBLE STANDARD.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
IF A COP SHOOTS AN UNARMED CRIMINAL ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. THEY ARE FIRED AND POSSIBLE CHARGES BROUGHT. HOMEOWNER SHOOTS UNARMED CRIMINAL AND NOTHING HAPPENS? I DONT GET THE DOUBLE STANDARD.
Uh, sorry, dude. Someone illegally enters your house while you're home you can shoot them. WTF are you supposed to do, invite them to tea and ask them not to hurt you?? Not gonna happen. The last thing an intruder will hear at my house is a loud bang.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
WTF is wrong with you?
Someone breaks into my home, I'm sure not going to let them harm me or my family.
Your logic is really screwed up.

livespive

They were armed. Maybe not with a gun, but they could have killed with what they had.

Also remember the guy wasn't a criminal. There were reports of someone vandalizing cars. They assumed it was him.

There is no double standard. Cops are trained, yes mistakes might happen, but there have been WAAAAY to many.
Also, the biggest problem I have with the last shooting is that the body cameras are rolling, and after they they find out
they shot someone with a phone, they yell mute......

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!!!!!!???

If the camera is rolling it should role for the entire shift, VIDEO AND SOUND. and the officer should have no control over it.

I fear the cops more than I fear the crooks. I can deal with the crook MY way :Devilish::Ninja::Sneaky:

Just in:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ny...shower-head-in-brooklyn/ar-AAvtHoi?ocid=ientp

Funny, none of the people that lived in the neighborhood, OR the cops that regularly worked it had a problem with him. They all knew him. Training is needed on how to de-escalate. It's obvious that the cops in the neighborhood could do it.

We had two guys that were "touched in the head" as they used in the article. One was known as Bo Hickie, and the other was The Preacher Man. Bo used to walk around all of the time in a Superman outfit, and the Preacher Man would walk yelling bible versus. They say he was struck by lightening several times.

I think they would have been shot dead in this day and age.

Last edited:

livespive

I understand you passion about this, but let me ask you this......

You have a gun that was passed down to you by you Father, along with some ammunition (doesn't matter what type of gun).
You are upstairs and some people break in. You call the cops ad they are on the way. before the cops make it, they have made it
upstairs, and are almost in your room, where you, your wife, and the gun are located.

You hear your doorknob turn meaning they are coming in, but you don't hear any sign of the cops..........

What would you do???????? Would you shoot or would you die?

simple question,

radioactive

You also have to ask if the shower head was loaded? Nothing worse than a loaded showerhead. Man you jump in the shower in the morning and turn on the water and it just comes right out of the shower without you flipping the knob, man that's reason enough for deadly force right there!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I understand you passion about this, but let me ask you this......

You have a gun that was passed down to you by you Father, along with some ammunition (doesn't matter what type of gun).
You are upstairs and some people break in. You call the cops ad they are on the way. before the cops make it, they have made it
upstairs, and are almost in your room, where you, your wife, and the gun are located.

You hear your doorknob turn meaning they are coming in, but you don't hear any sign of the cops..........

What would you do???????? Would you shoot or would you die?

simple question,
Sitting here calmly assessing the situation without any present danger to myself, I would say "wait until I see who opens the door before shooting".

But I could see someone (perhaps even myself) in that stressful state hyped up on adrenaline, blasting away at the door before identifying who/what is coming in and what their intentions may be.

I don't see any other way that plays out. I either identify a criminal in my house and shoot him, or I just blast whoever is behind door #1. Perhaps it's a policeman or concerned neighbor, but most likely not. I don't have kids or a dog, so if the wife is with me and someone else is in the house, odds are 99.9999% it's a criminal.

livespive

Yes, exactly, just you and the wife, and the noise you are hear is not... 9 are you and the sheep ok? :p

Sitting here calmly assessing the situation without any present danger to myself, I would say "wait until I see who opens the door before shooting".

But I could see someone (perhaps even myself) in that stressful state hyped up on adrenaline, blasting away at the door before identifying who/what is coming in and what their intentions may be.

I don't see any other way that plays out. I either identify a criminal in my house and shoot him, or I just blast whoever is behind door #1. Perhaps it's a policeman or concerned neighbor, but most likely not. I don't have kids or a dog, so if the wife is with me and someone else is in the house, odds are 99.9999% it's a criminal.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yes, exactly, just you and the wife, and the noise you are hear is not... 9 are you and the sheep ok? :p
I'm still working out how to get them back. I turned them loose briefly so radioactive couldn't count them when he audited me, and I'll be damned if WAMO and GregT didn't steal them while I was preoccupied arguing with radiosctive about them running away! I suspect GTGT was also involved, but at the moment I can't prove it. :Cautious:

radioactive

I'm still working out how to get them back. I turned them loose briefly so radioactive couldn't count them when he audited me, and I'll be damned if WAMO and GregT didn't steal them while I was preoccupied arguing with radiosctive about them running away! I suspect GTGT was also involved, but at the moment I can't prove it. :Cautious:
That's a fine story, but unless you have proof you are still liable.

Scolai

Armed or not, an unwelcome or uninvited person in your home constitutes a threat by virtue of his presence. They don't need a weapon when they come in; a quick trip to the kitchen will provide them with a suitable deadly object in the form of a butcher knife.

There is no double standard. A free citizen has the right to protect him/herself and his/her family in the home (or in public). A police officer has the right to protect him/herself in the course of carrying out his/her responsibilities.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE GUY THAT DID THE SHOOTING, LIED TO THE POLICE, TOLD 3 DIFFERENT STORIES AND LOOKS LIKE HE MAY HAVE SHOT 1 OF THEM IN THE BACK AS HE WAS RUNNING AWAY, OUTSIDE THE HOUSE. ONLY 2 WERE ARMED. 1 HAD A FIXED BLADE KNIFE (STEAK KNIFE MAYBE) AND 1 OF THEM HAD BRASSKNUCKLES (NOT MANY DEATHS BY THOSE). NEITHER HAD THE WEAPONS IN THEIR HANDS WHEN POLICE ARRIVED. POLICE FOUND THEM ON THEIR PERSON, NOT ON THE FLOOR OR IN THEIR HANDS. I DO NOT CONDONE ANY TYPE OF CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, PERIOD! AND MAYBE THE GUY SHOWING UP IN THE HALL WITH AN AR15 WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE THEM RUN AWAY. BUT...
I WOULD DO WHATEVER I COULD TO PROTECT MYSELF AND MY WIFE (IF I WERE MARRIED :Biggrin:), SHORT OF SHOOTING ANYONE. I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM CHOCKING SOMEONE UNTIL I SAW THEM TAKE THEIR LAST BREATH OR TAKING THEIR GUN FROM THEM AND CAVING THEIR HEAD IN WITH IT. AND I WOULD NOT LOSE 1 SECOND OF SLEEP.