Another warm and fuzzy

livespive

The only problem is the cops that worked the area knew who he was and that he had mental issues......

And also notice in the video that the people walking down the street don't run when they see him pull the showerhead.
They basically say that's old crazy man again and walk on......

Speaking of wrongful death, did you see this one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5495363/Video-shows-bail-officer-killing-client-son.html

She goes in her drawer and shoots him in the back??????
He was trying to jump out the window?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I think differently about this. What does one have to do (the 99%, anyway) to get that money to purchase those goods? We have to trade parts of our lives to get them. I give up 40 hours of my life every week (sometimes more) to go somewhere I don't necessarily want to go and do things I don't necessarily enjoy doing in exchange for money to purchase goods.

So, a thief is not stealing just money or goods, they are stealing part of my life - time I can never get back. And for that reason, I have no use for thieves - only murderers, rapists, and child molesters are more deserving of eradication from civilized society.
In the case of that type of property, I have insurance and would be out a deductible. The same reason that in retail, loss prevention folks tell employees to let the robber have the money.

It's going to be situation dependant. If someone sticks me up for my wallet, I'll give it to the robber and move on. Even if I have a gun in that situation, I could get shot as well. In my own home? That is very different.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The only problem is the cops that worked the area knew who he was and that he had mental issues......

And also notice in the video that the people walking down the street don't run when they see him pull the showerhead.
They basically say that's old crazy man again and walk on......

Speaking of wrongful death, did you see this one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5495363/Video-shows-bail-officer-killing-client-son.html

She goes in her drawer and shoots him in the back??????
He was trying to jump out the window?
Not surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

livespive

It usually doesn't stop there. They are usually going to do harm to someone to get the pin number, or take you with them......

In the case of that type of property, I have insurance and would be out a deductible. The same reason that in retail, loss prevention folks tell employees to let the robber have the money.

It's going to be situation dependant. If someone sticks me up for my wallet, I'll give it to the robber and move on. Even if I have a gun in that situation, I could get shot as well. In my own home? That is very different.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member

Not me. I'd rather get shot than have to deal with the damn DMV to get another driver's license! Making me go through that is worse than taking my money/property! :Laugh:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NON GUN OWNERS WOULD CERTAINLY EXPECT HELP FROM MILITARY AND POLICE. THATS THEIR JOB, NOT YOURS.
NOT ALL PERPS ARE CRAZY SEVEN. VERY FEW ARE CRAZY. BUT ITS NOT SO MUCH ABOUT SIZE. THERE ARE MANY OTHER FACTORS. BUT I DO ADMIT, I AM MUCH OLDER AND NOT ALWAYS SURE HOW THINGS MIGHT GO NOW. STILL DOESNT MEAN I NEED A GUN.

PERPS NOW THAT THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT WHEN THEY BREAK INTO A HOME, THAT SOMEONE THERE MIGHT HAVE A GUN, AND YET, THEY STILL DO IT. KEEPING GUNS IN YOUR HOUSE ONLY SUPPLIES MORE PERPS WITH GUNS. IN 2017 1.8 MILLION REGISTERED GUNS WERE STOLEN IN HOME ROBBERIES. THE PERPS DONT HAVE TO GO SEE ROLLO TO GET A GUN, THEY CAN JUST STEAL THEM FROM RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
NON GUN OWNERS WOULD CERTAINLY EXPECT HELP FROM MILITARY AND POLICE. THATS THEIR JOB, NOT YOURS.
So, if someone with a gun came to assist you if being robbed at gunpoint, you would turn them away and say "no. I got this"?

PERPS NOW THAT THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT WHEN THEY BREAK INTO A HOME, THAT SOMEONE THERE MIGHT HAVE A GUN, AND YET, THEY STILL DO IT. KEEPING GUNS IN YOUR HOUSE ONLY SUPPLIES MORE PERPS WITH GUNS. IN 2017 1.8 MILLION REGISTERED GUNS WERE STOLEN IN HOME ROBBERIES. THE PERPS DONT HAVE TO GO SEE ROLLO TO GET A GUN, THEY CAN JUST STEAL THEM FROM RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS.
And yet, as the number of gun owners increases in the U.S., violent crime declines. Can you explain that?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I VIEW THAT 2 WAYS G.
#1 IF A FELLOW HUMAN BEING SHOWED UP TO HELP ANOTHER FELLOW HUMAN BEING, ISNT THAT HOW IT SHOULD BE?
IF I SAW A PERP TAKE A REGISTERED GUN OWNERS WEAPON AND PISTOL WHIP A FELLOW HUMAN BEING WITH IT, I WOULD DO WHAT I NEEDED TO DO TO STOP IT, WITH MY BARE HANDS. IF I LOST MY LIFE, SO BE IT. I DID IT DOING THE RIGHT THING. AND JUST BECAUSE A GOOD GUY SHOWS UP WITH A GUN DOES NOT MEAN THE GOOD GUY IS GOING TO WIN.
#2 IF SOMEONE ELSE SHOWS UP WITH A GUN, THAT DOUBLES MY CHANCES OF BEING SHOT.

REGISTERED GUN OWNERS UP 1%. VIOLENT CRIME DOWN .8%. GUN DEATHS UP 3%. (TAKING OUT SUICIDE) LOOKS LIKE THE MORE GUNS THERE ARE THE MORE PEOPLE DIE BY GUN. 1 IN 3 HOMES HAS GUNS INSIDE. THATS 33%. THAT MEANS THERE ARE MULTIPLE REGISTERED GUN OWNERS IN HOUSEHOLDS. THATS 66% NON REGISTERED GUN OWNERS. WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE, THE MATH IS EASY, IF IT EVER COMES TO A VOTE. BUT IT PROBABLY WONT. MAYBE.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP IN THIS SITE, THAT IN OTHER COUNTRIES CRIME IS UP WHERE GUN OWNMERSHIP IS RESTRICTED. SO WHAT IS BEING SAID IS THAT IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT, AMERICANS WOULD JUST ROLL OVER? AS ABOVE NUMBERS SHOW, GUN OWNERSHIP ISNT REALLY HAVING A BIG IMPACT. SO THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER SOLUTION.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
AND IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP IN THIS SITE, THAT IN OTHER COUNTRIES CRIME IS UP WHERE GUN OWNMERSHIP IS RESTRICTED. SO WHAT IS BEING SAID IS THAT IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT, AMERICANS WOULD JUST ROLL OVER? AS ABOVE NUMBERS SHOW, GUN OWNERSHIP ISNT REALLY HAVING A BIG IMPACT. SO THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER SOLUTION.
I'm reading something behind your words, WAMO. You have an issue with firearms, period. I'm assuming it is something of a personal nature so I wont ask.

Scolai

MOST BURGLARS ARNT KILLERS.
Yeah, well, for the sake of the people in my home, I'm not willing to bet on the people breaking into my house being just petty burglars. I've read enough stories of 'burglars' who turned out to be home invaders who raped the women, killed the men, and burned the evidence.

So, politely, your approach to dealing with a home invasion is pretty fucked up.

Given that a few of the above linked stories took place within my own state - and some just miles from me - I'll maintain an exceptionally strong defensive network for my home.

Scolai

Um... bullshit.

Gun ownership has gone up by more than 50% since 1993 while the incidence of crime had dropped by 50%. Direct causality may not be measurable, but the point remains that the more guns are in the hands of good people, the fewer good people become victims.

However, people DO still become victims, so it's still a good plan to provide the means of effectual resistance against the scum of society.

Scolai

Yeah, but there's that damnable problem called 'response time'. And that's assuming you manage to get the 911 call off before you're incapacitated by the perps.

Average response time for cops is 8 minutes. That's a long fucking time to avoid being killed or seeing your women raped.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SCOLAI, THE NUMBERS I POSTED ABOVE ARE FROM 2017. GUN OWNERSHIP IS ONLY UP BECAUSE THE SAME GUN
OWNERS ARE JUST BUYING MORE GUNS. THAT IS NOT NEW GUN OWNERS. AND I WOULD THINK GUN OWNERSHIP
WAS ONLY A MINOR REASON CRIME HAS GONE DOWN. HOME INVASIONS AND BURGLARIES ARE UP, NOT DOWN. ALARM SYSTEMS CAN CALL POLICE AND CUT RESPONSE TIME IN HALF OR EVEN MORE. AND HOW MANY HOMEOWNERS ARE KILLED WITH THEIR OWN GUNS? AND HOW MANY MORE CRIMES OCCUR DURING THOSE HOME INVASIONS BECAUSE THE HOMEOWNER PUTS UP RESISTANCE. PULLING OUT ANOTHER WEAPON MAY ONLY CAUSE MORE DESTRUCTION AND THERE ARE NO NUMBERS FOR THAT SCENARIO. ALOT MORE PEOPLE MAY GO UNHARMED IF THERE WAS NO RESISTANCE. IF A BURGLAR BREAKS IN AND SEES A HOMEOWNER COMING DOWN THE HALL WITH A GUN AND DUCKS INTO THE CLOSET ROOM TO MOVE OUT OF THE LINE OF SITE AND ITS THE KIDS ROOM, THEN WHAT?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, I THINK AT SOME POINT WE ALL HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY SOME FORM OF CRIME, MAYBE EVEN A VIOLENT CRIME. I HAVE MY DEMONS AS IT APPEARS SEVERAL ON HERE HAVE THEM. I JUST CHOOSE A DIFFERENT FORM OF RETRIBUTION. AND NO MATER HOW HEATED THESE DISUSSIONS MAY SOMETIMES GET, I CONSIDER ALL ON HERE A FRIEND. EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NEVER MET, MOST EVERYONE ON HERE SEEMS PRETTY COOL. IF YOU FLIP A COIN, IT VERY RARELY WINDS UP ON THE EDGE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, I THINK AT SOME POINT WE ALL HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY SOME FORM OF CRIME, MAYBE EVEN A VIOLENT CRIME. I HAVE MY DEMONS AS IT APPEARS SEVERAL ON HERE HAVE THEM. I JUST CHOOSE A DIFFERENT FORM OF RETRIBUTION. AND NO MATER HOW HEATED THESE DISUSSIONS MAY SOMETIMES GET, I CONSIDER ALL ON HERE A FRIEND. EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NEVER MET, MOST EVERYONE ON HERE SEEMS PRETTY COOL. IF YOU FLIP A COIN, IT VERY RARELY WINDS UP ON THE EDGE.
I know. I get ya. I just know there's something you're not telling and that's okay. We all have our own reasons for our strong opinions and although some may share them, some may not. It's okay.

Scolai

Did you read any of the stories I linked, WAMO? Did I mention that some of those are pretty near where I live? Did I mention that a lunatic went nuts less than a mile from my house, killed a local barber shop patron, then drove to a nearby neighborhood where he broke into someone's home and killed a husband and wife before being ventilated by police?

You can languish in hope. I will languish in readiness.

Luck favors the prepared.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHILE ALL THOSE STORIES ARE SAD, THEY ARE NOT THE NORM. AND I UNDERSTAND YOUR FEAR OF BEING THAT CLOSE TO CRIME. BUT IF THOSE BAD GUYS HAVE GUNS AND ARE NOT SCARED THAT A HOMEOWNER MIGHT HAVE ONE, MAYBE ITS TIME TO MOVE TO A SAFER AREA. AGAIN, IF THEY KICK THE DOOR IN AND DUCK INTO THE KIDS ROOM, WHAT THEN?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF THE BARBER SHOP PATRON AND THE COUPLE HAD GUNS, DIDNT HELP THEM MUCH DID THEY. NOR DID IT SAY IF THERE WERE OR WERE NOT GUNS PRESENT IN HOMES OF THE OTHER STORIES.