BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! OMG!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
President Ryan voluntarily stepping down to allow vice president Hillary Clinton to ascend to the Oval Office. How ridiculous and bizarre can it get?

livespive

Just a curious question though.....

If this were true and did/ could happen, how does Ryan become President?
I thought he becomes President if Trump, and Pence get knocked off....

This would be a different situation in which the original election was between Trump and Clinton,
so wouldn't go directly to her?

Not saying that there is a snowballs chance in hell of this being true, but I am just thinking of the scenario.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Just a curious question though.....

If this were true and did/ could happen, how does Ryan become President?
I thought he becomes President if Trump, and Pence get knocked off....

This would be a different situation in which the original election was between Trump and Clinton,
so wouldn't go directly to her?

Not saying that there is a snowballs chance in hell of this being true, but I am just thinking of the scenario.
Why would the position go to someone not currently holding office? The hierarchy should be and only include those currently holding office.

Imagine back a few years when Ross Perot ran... would it make any sense to have Perot be the President if Clinton, Gore, H.W., and Quayle all had somehow died in 1993? after all, he was the next person in line that ran in the 1992 election (finishing 3rd).

To take it a step further, let's say Hillary had won in 2016. Would you advocate Trump becoming President in this manner supposing something happened to both Hillary and Kaine?

livespive

Because He were not in the election???

So I guess what you guys are saying is that the "election" would just become null and void until the next election and that is how Ryan gets in?

Why would the position go to someone not currently holding office? The hierarchy should be and only include those currently holding office.

Imagine back a few years when Ross Perot ran... would it make any sense to have Perot be the President if Clinton, Gore, H.W., and Quayle all had somehow died in 1993? after all, he was the next person in line that ran in the 1992 election (finishing 3rd).

To take it a step further, let's say Hillary had won in 2016. Would you advocate Trump becoming President in this manner supposing something happened to both Hillary and Kaine?

livespive

So then this is true even for an election is what I was curious about.

Kind of like a race, you finish first, and I finish second. It is found out that you cheated so you are disqualified and I win, not the head of the race board. :)

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Because He were not in the election???

So I guess what you guys are saying is that the "election" would just become null and void until the next election and that is how Ryan gets in?
Dear livespive:

No ... Ryan could/would become president because of the specified ORDER OF SUCCESSION.

livespive

So then the election is void?

I guess I have only thought of the order of succession when it comes to the president loosing his life, or impeachment.

I guess I was looking at the election as a limbo of sort, but I guess if a bomb would have hit during the debate and got them both Ryan would be in anyway :)

Dear livespive:

No ... Ryan could/would become president because of the specified ORDER OF SUCCESSION.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
So then the election is void?

I guess I have only thought of the order of succession when it comes to the president loosing his life, or impeachment.

I guess I was looking at the election as a limbo of sort, but I guess if a bomb would have hit during the debate and got them both Ryan would be in anyway :)
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the order of succession also applies to the president being out of the country, ill or hospitalized, or for any other reason where he is unable to immediately fulfill his duties as the leader of the free world.

bbfreeburn

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the order of succession also applies to the president being out of the country, ill or hospitalized, or for any other reason where he is unable to immediately fulfill his duties as the leader of the free world.
Um, he is the leader of the USA, not the entire free world.

livespive

Right, but during election is there a president??? I can think of a few scenarios that would happen:

1. The current president would remain in office until the next election, or there would have to be another special election
where they had to pick another Republican.

2. Because it was Trump and Clinton Running, the position would fall to the other person.

3. As mention before, the president cannot perform his duties, and Ryan is in.

Just kind of funny to think about.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Right, but during election is there a president??? I can think of a few scenarios that would happen:
Dear livespive:

Before I could respond to your mythical scenarios, I would need clarification as to what you mean by "during an election." Do you mean during the primary? On election day? Between election day and the Jan. 20 Inauguration? Or what?