Discussion

bbfreeburn

Dear GTGT:

I don't think they should. In fact, I'm generally opposed to discrimination in most every form.
I love how the word "discrimination" has come to have only one connotation these days. Do we not wish to make discriminating choices in our lives? I would like to discriminate and choose between good and bad, between better and best. It used to be that to say that someone was discriminating in their choice of friends was a compliment. Unfortunately, it seems to me, that usage of the word has virtually ceased.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE TRADESMAN ISSUE 9. I DONT SEE ALOT OF YOUNGSTERS COMING UP ANYMORE.
HAD THE SHOP OWNER SAID HE WAS TO BUSY, WOULD WE BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION AT ALL? OR WOULD THE SAME TO PEOPLE HAVE USED HIS "BUSY" AND STILL TURNED IT INTO "BECAUSE WERE GAY" ISSUE?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I love how the word "discrimination" has come to have only one connotation these days. Do we not wish to make discriminating choices in our lives? I would like to discriminate and choose between good and bad, between better and best. It used to be that to say that someone was discriminating in their choice of friends was a compliment. Unfortunately, it seems to me, that usage of the word has virtually ceased.
In the same way that negro meant black, gay meant happy, bad meant bad, and many more I dont feel like typing on a phone.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Guess who is Back :)

No flip phone, I'm just on here while i'm at work.
They block sites like this where I work now, so all of my posting is done from my phone. Last employer didn't block sites, so the vast majority of my posts on the old BR site were from work. Hmmm. Productivity either way hasn't been affected... I still don't do jack shit! :Laugh: :shhhh:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
They block sites like this where I work now, so all of my posting is done from my phone. Last employer didn't block sites, so the vast majority of my posts on the old BR site were from work. Hmmm. Productivity either way hasn't been affected... I still don't do jack shit! :Laugh: :shhhh:
Use a vpn

Scolai

Wow...

No matter the business, no one has the right to my products or services. Refusing service is the given right of any business owner for whatever reason (s)he sees fit as a part of the risk (s)he took in opening said business. Yes, there is inherent risk in exclusion, but for most Christians, that is the price of living in holiness.

Serving sinners - I would think that customers coming through the door looking for a cake that says, "Thanks for being a great mistress and filling in when my wife cannot." Would probably be shown the same courtesy as the individuals looking to get their same-sex marriage cake made.

livespive

I don't think so, like I said, if he was so worried about sinners he would take steps to weed ALL OF THEM out.
This was just a cop out.

Be a man and say I don't serve same sex period.

Wow...

No matter the business, no one has the right to my products or services. Refusing service is the given right of any business owner for whatever reason (s)he sees fit as a part of the risk (s)he took in opening said business. Yes, there is inherent risk in exclusion, but for most Christians, that is the price of living in holiness.

Serving sinners - I would think that customers coming through the door looking for a cake that says, "Thanks for being a great mistress and filling in when my wife cannot." Would probably be shown the same courtesy as the individuals looking to get their same-sex marriage cake made.

Good Times Good Times

A very interesting piece of data from Alabama exit polls: While White women overall voted for Moore 63 to 34, when you break out evangelical vs non you get evangelical white women 76 - 22 Moore; non-evangelical white women 74 - 21 Jones!

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I don't think so, like I said, if he was so worried about sinners he would take steps to weed ALL OF THEM out.
This was just a cop out.

Be a man and say I don't serve same sex period.
He doesn't have to. Again, does a builder have to build my house? Let's say I want an open floor plan and he refused to build open floor plans. How is that any different than a cake Baker refusing all gay wedding cakes?

livespive

That's not what I'm saying...

If I recall the story right, when they came to him he first just said no, but when the heat got turned up he hid behind religion.

Once again most religious people pick and choose to suit their needs.

In your example if he doesn't advertise open floor plans then you are out of luck.
Now if he does advertise them, and will not do one for you, then you have a case.

He doesn't have to. Again, does a builder have to build my house? Let's say I want an open floor plan and he refused to build open floor plans. How is that any different than a cake Baker refusing all gay wedding cakes?