Gotta love

livespive

Yeah but that could happen in any scenario, not just immigrants. Any group that would have wanted to goto a protest would have been in the same "situation" with this company..........

OR at least that is what the company is leading you to believe.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah but that could happen in any scenario, not just immigrants. Any group that would have wanted to goto a protest would have been in the same "situation" with this company..........

OR at least that is what the company is leading you to believe.
My point is this. WTF did they think was going to happen? They weren't asking for more money, better working conditions, more safety, etc. They just wanted to make a mighty STUPID point. They made it. And to answer their question; You'll be replaced!

livespive

As was said in the comments, it's still 1st amendment rights.....

My main point is was the company hiding their feelings behind policy, and would they have done this to any other group.

I do agree however that if they were told in the beginning and did it anyway then the company could take action right or wrong.

Why is the point stupid????

My point is this. WTF did they think was going to happen? They weren't asking for more money, better working conditions, more safety, etc. They just wanted to make a mighty STUPID point. They made it. And to answer their question; You'll be replaced!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
As was said in the comments, it's still 1st amendment rights.....

My main point is was the company hiding their feelings behind policy, and would they have done this to any other group.

I do agree however that if they were told in the beginning and did it anyway then the company could take action right or wrong.

Why is the point stupid????
Because there was no point to be made. An unexcused absence is, well, inexcusable. Especially when they were warned in advance that is they didn't show up they would be terminated. PLUS, why is there a need to show anyone what it's like to void of immigrants? As I said, it would mean someone else would be working their jobs. PLUS, why were they protesting in the first place? What WAS the point?

livespive

See, and that is the point. You look at it from the eyes of those with.

Just like you mentioned about they could have been protesting because of the low wages.
Someone could have said that the protest was stupid, and they should just be glad that they have jobs.

No protest is stupid if there is a group that feels the same way... Why do you think we ended up over here anyway?
Someone didn't agree with someone else (in a nutshell).

The point is:

You have used immigrants all of this time to get where you are and what you want. Now you want to turn your back on them.
If they were not here where would you be.....

Really stop and think about, everything here was built on the backs of someone else (immigrants/ slaves/ whatever). Capitalism to capitalize on something/ someone.

Because there was no point to be made. An unexcused absence is, well, inexcusable. Especially when they were warned in advance that is they didn't show up they would be terminated. PLUS, why is there a need to show anyone what it's like to void of immigrants? As I said, it would mean someone else would be working their jobs. PLUS, why were they protesting in the first place? What WAS the point?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
See, and that is the point. You look at it from the eyes of those with.

Just like you mentioned about they could have been protesting because of the low wages.
Someone could have said that the protest was stupid, and they should just be glad that they have jobs.

No protest is stupid if there is a group that feels the same way... Why do you think we ended up over here anyway?
Someone didn't agree with someone else (in a nutshell).

The point is:

You have used immigrants all of this time to get where you are and what you want. Now you want to turn your back on them.
If they were not here where would you be.....

Really stop and think about, everything here was built on the backs of someone else (immigrants/ slaves/ whatever). Capitalism to capitalize on something/ someone.
There it is. You finally said it! Nobody is turning their backs on immigrants. That is a liberal lie, right there. Immigrants come into this country LEGALLY and learn the culture and the language. Criminals come into this country illegally and attempt to force their culture upon the rest of us. That's why I said that was a very STUPID protest. They had no reason to protest about immigrants. What they should be doing, if they're legal, is protesting against the illegals that are coming here and giving the them a bad name.

I understand them protesting, but that is the wrong way to protest. Many companies and businesses like that where the employees don't show up can shut that company/business down for a day and cost the companies money. These companies are nice enough to give these people a job in the first place and then the employees shit on them by not showing up for work, thus costing the companies money. Thus there are 2 sides/ways to look at this.

livespive

That is the thing, you hit them in the pocketbook......

Example here at our office several of the guys don't turn in their timecards correctly.
Now if you file that incorrectly filled out time card, and they didn't get paid that week, I bet they would fill it out right next week.

I understand them protesting, but that is the wrong way to protest. Many companies and businesses like that where the employees don't show up can shut that company/business down for a day and cost the companies money. These companies are nice enough to give these people a job in the first place and then the employees shit on them by not showing up for work, thus costing the companies money. Thus there are 2 sides/ways to look at this.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
That's right. They're penalizing the people who are helping them. Another reason why it's a stupid protest.

livespive

No not quite, as they are protesting the ban.....

The thing is that Trump's order wasn't thought through, he just did it. I agree in theory it is something that needs to be done, but not with a ban. The process of vetting is what needed to be changed.

By just saying that no immigrants can come in you are take the stance of turning your back on all immigrants.

There it is. You finally said it! Nobody is turning their backs on immigrants. That is a liberal lie, right there. Immigrants come into this country LEGALLY and learn the culture and the language. Criminals come into this country illegally and attempt to force their culture upon the rest of us. That's why I said that was a very STUPID protest. They had no reason to protest about immigrants. What they should be doing, if they're legal, is protesting against the illegals that are coming here and giving the them a bad name.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
No not quite, as they are protesting the ban.....

The thing is that Trump's order wasn't thought through, he just did it. I agree in theory it is something that needs to be done, but not with a ban. The process of vetting is what needed to be changed.

By just saying that no immigrants can come in you are take the stance of turning your back on all immigrants.
I agree. But he was right when he said we need to stop the incoming for two months while we figure it out. When you have a wound, the first order of business is to stop the bleeding until you can assess the damage and plan a repair.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't get why it's made out to be that anyone is anti-immigrant? Immigration itself is fine. It's the undocumented/illegal entry that is the problem. It's not only the US that is against that kind of activity. Every nation in the world has rules of entry for their country and consequences for illegal entry, so why should the US be expected to allow a free-for-all?

I would be supportive of their cause if they were asking to review/update current policies to speed up the legal entry process. Or even better, for our southern neighbors push for an agreement between the US/Mexico to allow easier documented travel (dual citizenship?). If Mexico is such a stagnant shithole that everyone has to go elsewhere to provide for their families, maybe a comprehensive plan between us could benefit both countries?

But this isn't the message I'm hearing. All I hear is "I'm a criminal, I demand to be rewarded for breaking your rules." So yeah, I don't have much respect for this movement.

livespive

So do we stop all White people from going out at night until we find out who is burning crosses?
Do we keep all black folks from driving until we find out who is doing drive-bye shootings?

Were do blanket policies (dragnets) stop?

NOOO No, We can't just go in there if Bushido Brown's in there....

We have got to have a plan. :)

Boondocks :)

I agree. But he was right when he said we need to stop the incoming for two months while we figure it out. When you have a wound, the first order of business is to stop the bleeding until you can assess the damage and plan a repair.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

Well-stated, my friend.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Obviously, they have the RIGHT to protest, but that's different from work obligations. And some of them were stupid enough to announce in advance that they weren't going to show up for work, and if they didn't, they may have had the opportunity to make up a valid (though dishonest) excuse.

livespive

Just like we don't know if the companies excuse for firing them was honest or not.....

How many times are companies REALLY honest?

Obviously, they have the RIGHT to protest, but that's different from work obligations. And some of them were stupid enough to announce in advance that they weren't going to show up for work, and if they didn't, they may have had the opportunity to make up a valid (though dishonest) excuse.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Just like we don't know if the companies excuse for firing them was honest or not.....

How many times are companies REALLY honest?
Dear livespive:

Without a doubt, a number of workers in various venues are dismissed without legitimate reason, and it's a certainty that there are a number of companies with dishonest higher-ups.