Here it is, folks!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
"The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states: 'The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. 'During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition..
It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.'”

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Ok Roger what are you going to do now, fold like tent.
They are nothing but spoiled brats.
If I did something like this at my workplace, I would be fired.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WOW! NFL CANT EVEN POLICE ITSELF. AND THEN BAG ON TRUMP WHEN THEY CALL THEM OUT. SHORT OF FIRING, HE NAILED IT. WONDER IF HE KNEW THAT?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WELL CRAP G. THAT RULE NO LONGER EXISTS. IT WAS DELETED FROM THE RULE BOOKS FOR 2017. IT DID EXIST LAST YEAR, BUT IT WASNT ENFORCED.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WELL CRAP G. THAT RULE NO LONGER EXISTS. IT WAS DELETED FROM THE RULE BOOKS FOR 2017. IT DID EXIST LAST YEAR, BUT IT WASNT ENFORCED.
I posted this knowing it had been changed. What I wanted to show is that it had been in there for many many years, and even tho the verbiage is up for debate, there never seemed to be problem until Tebow began to pray. I love how the left loves to have it both ways. One way for each face, I guess.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Exactly, besides Trump has bigger problems to worry about than the NFL.
... and there are MUCH BIGGER PROBLEMS FOR ALL OF US, but the lamestream media doesn't focus on them; rather, there are only attempts to make it a racial problem (to fit their agenda) and to falsely portray Trump as a racist.

livespive

The media doesn't have the fate of the U.S.A. at the tip of his tongue (or finger for Tweets :) )

... and there are MUCH BIGGER PROBLEMS FOR ALL OF US, but the lamestream media doesn't focus on them; rather, there are only attempts to make it a racial problem (to fit their agenda) and to falsely portray Trump as a racist.

livespive

I am pulling an AW here. This is from a friend of mine (white) that had an interesting post that I thought I would share.

My hope is that we all can agree to disagree, civilly.

Before First – I wrote this and I doubt most will make it to the end, so I’ll start with the most important part. Listen with Empathy – when millions of POC are crying out – the very least thing we can do is at least listen with the intent to understand.

First - protesting during the anthem is not the same as protesting the anthem. It muddles the message to confuse the two, but I guess that is the point.

Second - This all started last year when Kap decided to quietly raise awareness of police brutality and racial inequality. He didn’t announce his plan or tip off the media, in fact it was the 3rd game before anyone noticed. If your opinion is this that police brutality & racial inequality doesn’t exist, skip to the end, there will be a list of books you can read.

Third – Title 36 Chapter 10 Section 176 of the US Code defines activities that disrespect the flag, let’s review some of them:
• The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
• The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.
• The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.
• No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

So I guess we get to be pretty choosy about what we get offended about.

Forth – This weekend was inflamed because out POTUS called anyone protesting the anthem a ‘Son of a Bitch’ at a campaign rally. Put yourself in the shoes of a POC and hear that in the light of the same POTUS being unwilling to denounce the confederate flag or other symbols of the confederacy or Jim Crow intimidation. There is no worse disrespect to the stars & stripes than the stars & bars.

Fifth – The third verse to the Anthem shows itself to be written by someone that had a very narrow view of land of the free and home of the brave.

Sixth – After many police brutality cases there are protests that often turn messy. White people get all up in arms and complain about the method of the protest of being too violent. Kap finds a quite way and we find new windmills to tilt at. It’s easier to attack the method and not do the hard work of listening to the cry’s of injustice. Be still and listen…

Be nice civil on here. I won’t read your comments but I am willing to sit down at Luke’s and share a pint or two if you want to discuss.

Further Reading:

The New Jim Crow
They Can’t Kill Us All
The History of White People
The Color of Law
Tears We Cannot Stop
How Does It Feel to Be a Problem?
White Like Me
Racism without Racists
Citizen: An American Lyric
Yellow: Race in America Beyond Black and White
Chokehold: Policing Black Men
Slavery by Another Name
Between the World and Me
The Invention of the White Race
Black Stats
Stamped from the Beginning
White Rage
…But I’m NOT Racist!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This is all well and good. And I don't believe ANYONE is attempting to deny the right to protest. The issues are not with the protests themselves, but rather, WHEN the protests occur. I don't give a rat's ass if someone wants to protest the color of the fucking sky, as long as they're not doing it on the clock. Protesting oppression, inequality, police brutality, etc. is all fine a dandy as long as they do it on their own time. I don't buy tickets to events, pay cable bills and purchase expensive viewing equipment to watch overpaid, dumbass millionaires act like pissed off third graders. Football stadiums are for sports competition for people who paid to enjoy. A football game take takes a couple of hours. There are 22 more hours in the fucking day to whine.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
1. PROTESTING DURING THE ANTHEM IS PROTESTING THE ANTHEM.
2. KAP WAS RAISING AWARNESS? HE WAS LOSING HIS JOB AND TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO GET NOTICED.
ANY BOOK WRITTEN BEFORE 2016 IS NOT RELEVANT.
3. NO ARGUMENT THERE.
4. NO POTUS OR ANY LIVING PERSON SHOULD HAVE TO DENOUNCE A FLAG. PERIOD.
5. THAT WAS WRITTEN WHEN SLAVERY WAS IN FULL SWING AND EVERYONE WAS NOT EQUAL.
6. TURN MESSY? BURNING, LOOTING, DESTROYING AND SOMETIMES MUCH WORSE. I GUESS LOGICALLY
THAT IS THE SAME AS A CONFEDERATE FLAG.

livespive

Then you are also saying that it is not ok to strike?

"I don't buy tickets to events, pay cable bills and purchase expensive viewing equipment to watch overpaid, dumbass millionaires act like pissed off third graders."

hmmmmm This is what I say about Trump, and he is in charge of the fucking country.

This is all well and good. And I don't believe ANYONE is attempting to deny the right to protest. The issues are not with the protests themselves, but rather, WHEN the protests occur. I don't give a rat's ass if someone wants to protest the color of the fucking sky, as long as they're not doing it on the clock. Protesting oppression, inequality, police brutality, etc. is all fine a dandy as long as they do it on their own time. I don't buy tickets to events, pay cable bills and purchase expensive viewing equipment to watch overpaid, dumbass millionaires act like pissed off third graders. Football stadiums are for sports competition for people who paid to enjoy. A football game take takes a couple of hours. There are 22 more hours in the fucking day to whine.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Then you are also saying that it is not ok to strike?

"I don't buy tickets to events, pay cable bills and purchase expensive viewing equipment to watch overpaid, dumbass millionaires act like pissed off third graders."

hmmmmm This is what I say about Trump, and he is in charge of the fucking country.
It is absolutely NOT okay to strike. I've been anti-union all my life. My dad worked all his years as a Teamster and I, myself, was even a union rep back in the early 80s. I was against unions then and still am today. I even crossed a picket line to go to work because the stupid fuckers were DICTATING that I strike. Sorry, I had a family to feed and I was not about to penalize MY employer and hurt my family because the OTR truckers weren't happy with their wages. Striking and protesting are cut from the same cloth when perpetrated against those who do not want to be involved.

livespive

So how were you a union rep, and anti-union all of your life??? :)

It is absolutely NOT okay to strike. I've been anti-union all my life. My dad worked all his years as a Teamster and I, myself, was even a union rep back in the early 80s. I was against unions then and still am today. I even crossed a picket line to go to work because the stupid fuckers were DICTATING that I strike. Sorry, I had a family to feed and I was not about to penalize MY employer and hurt my family because the OTR truckers weren't happy with their wages. Striking and protesting are cut from the same cloth when perpetrated against those who do not want to be involved.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
So how were you a union rep, and anti-union all of your life??? :)
I accepted a fair deal during negotiations to ensure no strike. I refused to extort money and bennies from my employer simply because "I knew they were making huge money". I never engaged in a strike in my life, and didn't care about crossing picket lines when it served me.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I am pulling an AW here. This is from a friend of mine (white) that had an interesting post that I thought I would share.

My hope is that we all can agree to disagree, civilly.

Before First – I wrote this and I doubt most will make it to the end, so I’ll start with the most important part. Listen with Empathy – when millions of POC are crying out – the very least thing we can do is at least listen with the intent to understand.

First - protesting during the anthem is not the same as protesting the anthem. It muddles the message to confuse the two, but I guess that is the point.

Second - This all started last year when Kap decided to quietly raise awareness of police brutality and racial inequality. He didn’t announce his plan or tip off the media, in fact it was the 3rd game before anyone noticed. If your opinion is this that police brutality & racial inequality doesn’t exist, skip to the end, there will be a list of books you can read.

Third – Title 36 Chapter 10 Section 176 of the US Code defines activities that disrespect the flag, let’s review some of them:
• The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
• The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.
• The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.
• No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

So I guess we get to be pretty choosy about what we get offended about.

Forth – This weekend was inflamed because out POTUS called anyone protesting the anthem a ‘Son of a Bitch’ at a campaign rally. Put yourself in the shoes of a POC and hear that in the light of the same POTUS being unwilling to denounce the confederate flag or other symbols of the confederacy or Jim Crow intimidation. There is no worse disrespect to the stars & stripes than the stars & bars.

Fifth – The third verse to the Anthem shows itself to be written by someone that had a very narrow view of land of the free and home of the brave.

Sixth – After many police brutality cases there are protests that often turn messy. White people get all up in arms and complain about the method of the protest of being too violent. Kap finds a quite way and we find new windmills to tilt at. It’s easier to attack the method and not do the hard work of listening to the cry’s of injustice. Be still and listen…

Be nice civil on here. I won’t read your comments but I am willing to sit down at Luke’s and share a pint or two if you want to discuss.

Further Reading:

The New Jim Crow
They Can’t Kill Us All
The History of White People
The Color of Law
Tears We Cannot Stop
How Does It Feel to Be a Problem?
White Like Me
Racism without Racists
Citizen: An American Lyric
Yellow: Race in America Beyond Black and White
Chokehold: Policing Black Men
Slavery by Another Name
Between the World and Me
The Invention of the White Race
Black Stats
Stamped from the Beginning
White Rage
…But I’m NOT Racist!

Trump has just as much right, regardless of how distasteful, to say what he did.

I have zero issues with protesting. Where I have an issue is making a protest during the national anthem, quietly or not.

I won't go as far as correlating the anthem with service members and all that. The anthem, when sung in public is a sign, a representatation, and a moment of togetherness as a country that transcends any other nonsense going on.

So, the idea of using that as a platform for protest is egregious. It's disrespectful to America. I equate it to protesting a funeral. While people have the right and free speech to do it, it doesn't make it morally right. Some would say practicing free speech is the most American thing to do. I'd argue that the most American thing to do is to respect America.

The second issue is simply that issues of various sorts, be it political, race, sexuality or any other issue if protest, is more important than what our country is, and what is represented by our country. That my issue if protest is more important, damn everyone else and our country. Now, I don't necessarily believe that was the original intent, but that is the perception and that is the reality.

Thirdly, that NFL players live in a whole different world. I would be fired over doing something like this. Trump has it right. We have the freedom to protest, but business has the freedom in most instances to fire for publicity it doesn't want. And everyone else who applauds the NFL players need to understand the real world and that consequences could come if they choose to make such gestures.

Lastly, and possibly most importantly, is what problem does it solve? Are police forces going to magically change? Are we talking about the real issue here or are we talking about the protest? What change will really come?

livespive

Yes, he does has just as much of a right.......

" I would be fired over doing something like this"

and Trump would be fired for the way he has been acting.

But if you are going to bitch about a bunch of people running around on a field complaining about stuff,
then don't do it yourself....

Lead by example, he is the POTUS, he should be leading by example.

What does it change..........

When no one listens what is there to do?????

That is the big problem.

Like Greg said in his other post, you do not have the right to be heard, that is why things will never change.

Trump has just as much right, regardless of how distasteful, to say what he did.

I have zero issues with protesting. Where I have an issue is making a protest during the national anthem, quietly or not.

I won't go as far as correlating the anthem with service members and all that. The anthem, when sung in public is a sign, a representatation, and a moment of togetherness as a country that transcends any other nonsense going on.

So, the idea of using that as a platform for protest is egregious. It's disrespectful to America. I equate it to protesting a funeral. While people have the right and free speech to do it, it doesn't make it morally right. Some would say practicing free speech is the most American thing to do. I'd argue that the most American thing to do is to respect America.

The second issue is simply that issues of various sorts, be it political, race, sexuality or any other issue if protest, is more important than what our country is, and what is represented by our country. That my issue if protest is more important, damn everyone else and our country. Now, I don't necessarily believe that was the original intent, but that is the perception and that is the reality.

Thirdly, that NFL players live in a whole different world. I would be fired over doing something like this. Trump has it right. We have the freedom to protest, but business has the freedom in most instances to fire for publicity it doesn't want. And everyone else who applauds the NFL players need to understand the real world and that consequences could come if they choose to make such gestures.

Lastly, and possibly most importantly, is what problem does it solve? Are police forces going to magically change? Are we talking about the real issue here or are we talking about the protest? What change will really come?