Mini-editorial: Baseless impeachment process reached a new low

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
WELL, REPS DONT HAVE ENOUGH VOTES TO STOP WITNESSES AND NEW EVIDENCE. HERE WE GO FOLKS.
2 OF TRUMPS ATTORNEYS MADE CONTRADICTORY STATEMENTS. 1 SAID TRUMP ASKING UKRAINE TO INVESTIGATE SAYS NOT IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE. 1 SAID TRUMP PROBABLY DIDNT GO THRU THE PROPER CHANNELS TO DO SO. BUT NEVER SAID WHAT HE DID WASNT IMPEACHABLE. SAME TEAM, 2 DIFFERENT STANCES. SOMEONE IS NOT ON THE SAME PAGE.
... but more importantly, the Democrats are "not on the same page" as the Constitution!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
MAYBE THE DEMS HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT BIDEN HAS TO MUCH BAGGAGE AND WANT TO MOVE ON FROM HIM ANYWAY. AND IM GLAD YOU SPOKE TO MOST VOTERS ABOUT BOLTON AND KNOW WHAT THEIR THOUGHTS ARE AW. THANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF THAT. THANKS AGAIN AW.
Dear WAMO:

How many times do I have to say it?

Bolton can only testify as to what Trump CONSIDERED doing, but that was something that HE ACTUALLY NEVER DID!

If you know additional FACTS -- aside from the BS offered by CNN and/or MSNBC -- please let me know.

And even if Trump DID what they are alleging, IT'S NOT A CRIME, and hence, not impeachable.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The dems KNOW if they allow witnesses they're opening a can of worms. I DO hope they go that route, but I doubt very much they'll make a trade, Bolton for Biden...or Bolton for Schiff,...or Bolton for the whistleblower. Especially when the info Bolton has (claims) is not even an impeachable offense. More useless crap to sell a book.
To all:

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT GREG SAID (in the above-quoted post)!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Procedural question; IF this is a trial, why is there bargaining for witnesses? The Senate should be able to call whoever they want to get the facts they need to make a decision.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

There is no need for additional facts BECAUSE TRUMP IS NOT GUILTY OF A CRIME. In fact, there is no crime alleged in the articles of impeachment.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Absolutely, they should. But for some reason Pelosi thinks she can dictate how the senate works and have them do the work THEY should have done. See, when the senate was toying with the idea of calling Hunter in, the dems had a shit-fit about witnesses, but at the same time were demanding the senate was going to call all the witnesses the house had already questioned. Those fuckers are insane.

To me, this whole thing is simple. The defense has already exposed the articles and have shown that they are not crimes and and are not impeachable offenses. Why this continues is beyond me. Senate should have already thrown it out.
Dear Greg T and others:

Greg gets it … but If others want to talk about witnesses, THE DEMOCRATS CALLED 17 WITNESSES in their impeachment proceedings, while NO TRUMP ADVOCATES TESTIFIED.

Now, the Democrats want to call more witnesses -- when the witness "score" is already 17-0 -- and at the same time, THEY WANT TO KEEP REPUBLCIANS FROM CALLING ANY WITNESSES?

If you're in favor of that, your thinking isn't very clear.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I think a more sinister problem(s) are being camouflaged by the impeachment debate.

It comes in the form of China and the Coronavirus. The other is the sheer depth of Burisma and Ukraine. Epstein knew a lot. No one involved is safe.

Gentlemen, my hand is out for shaking. This has been a lively debate and each of us know where we stand. It is plain to see that some CHOOSE to be informed by mainstream media and others dig deeper and decide for themselves.

We have reached an impasse.

I’m out.

Peace
REV

Last edited:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I think a more sinister problem(s) are being camouflaged by the impeachment debate.

It comes in the form of China and the Coronavirus. The other is the sheer depth of Burisma and Ukraine. Epstein knew a lot. No one involved is safe.

Gentlemen, my hand is out for shaking. This has been a lively debate and each of us knows where we stand. It is plain to see that some CHOOSE to be informed by mainstream media and others dig deeper and decide for themselves.

We have reached an impasse.

I’m out.

Peace
REV
Unfortunately, Rev, there will always be those who find what they want to hear from multiple sources without regard for the rest. When I watch CBS and ABC nightly news I just cringe at how they twist, turn and cobble shit together. I watched the first day of defense opening statements and I CLEARLY came away with them completely destroying the dems openings. Funny, the news saw them as very weak, and really carrying no substance. HUH?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

There is no need for additional facts BECAUSE TRUMP IS NOT GUILTY OF A CRIME. In fact, there is no crime alleged in the articles of impeachment.
OK. Then why is the Senate hearing even taking place then? My question isn't about what the Dems did in the House. My question is about actions in the Senate.

Like you said, the House had their turn, so why, since it appears the Senate is considering hearing witness testimony, are there discussion about trades and deals on who testifies? Either the Senate calls who they want to hear from or they don't. WHY THE NEGOTIATIONS FOR WITNESSES? I fail to understand why that is even a thing.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
OK. Then why is the Senate hearing even taking place then? My question isn't about what the Dems did in the House. My question is about actions in the Senate.

Like you said, the House had their turn, so why, since it appears the Senate is considering hearing witness testimony, are there discussion about trades and deals on who testifies? Either the Senate calls who they want to hear from or they don't. WHY THE NEGOTIATIONS FOR WITNESSES? I fail to understand why that is even a thing.
I fail to understand how the Senate can accept the articles of impeachment when, clearly, there are no crimes defined in the documents! This entire ordeal should have been tossed as soon as it was read. There are NO criminal charges.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I fail to understand how the Senate can accept the articles of impeachment when, clearly, there are no crimes defined in the documents! This entire ordeal should have been tossed as soon as it was read. There are NO criminal charges.
… and not only that, NONE OF THE HOUSE SUBPOENAS ARE VALID because they were issued without being authorized by a full vote of the House.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
JUDGE ROBERTS, NO WHISTLEBLOWER, PERIOD. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, NUMBER 20, ITS ALL A FIASCO. JUST BECAUSE I DONT WATCH YOUR CHANNEL, DOESNT MEAN THE ONES I WATCH ARE ANY WORSE THAN YOURS, WHOMEVER YOU ARE. WHEN YOU WATCH A NEWS CHANNEL THAT SAYS WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR, THAT DOESNT MAKE THEM RIGHT. JUST LIKE G SAID IN A COUPLA POSTS UP, THAT ONLY MEANS THEY SEE THINGS YOUR WAY. AND THAT DOESNT MAKE THEM RIGHT, WHOMEVER YOU ARE. JUST MEANS THEY SEE THINGS YOUR WAY.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AW, YOU HAVNT HAD AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN A WEEK NOW. DOESNT IT BOTHER YOU THAT YOUR ALWAYSWRONG? GIVE IT UP AND MOVE ON. THANKS AGAIN AW :Thumbsup:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DIDNT HAVE A FULL VOTE OF THE DEM RUN HOUSE FOR SUBPOENAS? REALLY? ONLY NEED MAJORITY, RIGHT?

WONDER WHY THEY ACCEPTED THE ARTICLES BECAUSE THERE WAS NO CRIME? UMM, TRIAL IS TAKING PLACE. AND THE SITTING IMPARCIAL JUDGE DOESNT SEE THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH MOVING FORWARD?

CURRENT POLE: BELIEVE BOLTON OVER TRUMP 45% BELIEVE TRUMP OVER BOLTON 39%

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
AW, YOU HAVNT HAD AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN A WEEK NOW. DOESNT IT BOTHER YOU THAT YOUR ALWAYSWRONG? GIVE IT UP AND MOVE ON. THANKS AGAIN AW
Dear WAMO:

OK. Everyone, including the president, must prove their innocence regardless of whether the charges are valid. No one should be guaranteed due process. Adhering to the U.S. Constitution is optional, rather than required. CNN and MSNBC are not fake news. Trump's lawyers didn't come close to rebuking the impeachment charges. Bolton and Mulvaney should testify, but the GOP isn't entitled to any witnesses.

Now, are you satisfied?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A DEM IN HIDING AW. AFTER ALL, YOU DID WORK FOR DEM BACKING, FAKE NEWS NEWSPAPERS THAT WERE WILLING TO WRITE YOU GOOD WORK REVIEWS. :Thumbsup: THANKS AGAIN AW.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY G, I CANT OPEN THAT THREAD. SAYS MY BROWSER DOESNT SUPPORT IT. WHATEVER THAT MEANS. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.