Pardoning Sheriff Joe

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I have no doubt that most of the people who claim to be strongly opposed to the pardon of Sheriff Joe don't really have a clue as to what Arpaio is guilty of. Their protests are only aimed at criticizing President Trump.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I have no doubt that most of the people who claim to be strongly opposed to the pardon of Sheriff Joe don't really have a clue as to what Arpaio is guilty of. Their protests are only aimed at criticizing President Trump.
The only I see Joe is guilty of is having an extremely low repeat offenders list in his jail. He doesn't coddle and give them a county hotel as the liberals would want.

bbfreeburn

AW, it's very clear what he is guilty of. Not following a judicial order, i.e., contempt of court. What he was doing was racial profiling. I'm not saying that he might not have been "right," but if we are a nation of laws, he is guilty.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
AW, it's very clear what he is guilty of. Not following a judicial order, i.e., contempt of court. What he was doing was racial profiling. I'm not saying that he might not have been "right," but if we are a nation of laws, he is guilty.
There is the problem, tho. Obama made sure that we are no longer a nation of laws. We are a nation of selective laws. Seems as tho the left are able to pick and choose what laws are and are not to be obeyed.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... but if he was a black Democrat, he certainly wouldn't have been found guilty with an assist from Obama's (In)Justice Department.

livespive

Just a question as I have not seen it done (not that I can remember).
I thought pardons were given out when the POTUS was on the way out?

I have seen Governors give a pardon while in office, but I don't think I remember a sitting president doing it??

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Just a question as I have not seen it done (not that I can remember).
I thought pardons were given out when the POTUS was on the way out?

I have seen Governors give a pardon while in office, but I don't think I remember a sitting president doing it??
Dear livespive:

Whereas it's fairly common for a number of pardons to be issued by a president on his way out of office, there are many other pardons that have been issued at other parts of a presidential term.

livespive

Thanks,

Just never had one pop into my head :)

Dear livespive:

Whereas it's fairly common for a number of pardons to be issued by a president on his way out of office, there are many other pardons that have been issued at other parts of a presidential term.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
UNLESS ALL THE ILLEGALS HE CAUGHT ARE IN PRISON, HE SHOULDNT BE EITHER. AFTER ALL, THEY TOO WERE BREAKING THE LAW.