The "Back in MY Day" post

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Let's have a little fun. Give me a "Back in MY Day" old man speech (or several). I'll start.

"Back in MY day, the girls had BIG hair, and they looked damn good too! They'd use a can and a half of aerosol hairspray per day and nobody whined and cried about global warming..." :Coffee:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Back in MY day we used to run the neighborhood til dark and sometimes long after without worry of being abducted or kidnapped. We'd raid gardens but only take enough for a snack and not do any damage. We rode our bikes to the next town with no helmets or knee and elbow pads and we all survived!!!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BACK IN MY DAY, WE COULD GO OUT TO EAT, SEE A MOVIE THEN GO GROCERY SHOPPING AND LEAVE THE DOORS UNLOCKED AND THE WINDOWS OPEN.

Scolai

Back in my day, we rode in dad's Vega without seat belts. Since there were three of us kids, one would sometimes kneel on 'the hump' in the back, and the only thing that kept us from flying through the windshield during sudden stops was mom's left arm.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Back in my day, there was no excuses and no such thing as time out. If you misbehaved in class it wasn't because you had ADD, it was because you were a disrespectful little shit and the corrective course was an ass whoopin from the teacher. And another whoopin or two from your parents when you got home! :Coffee:

livespive

Back in my day we didn't have computers like this to talk about things like this.....

We had to do it at the bowling alley. :)

Also back in may day, I guess I wouldn't have been doing this, I would have been out until the streetlights came on.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Back in my day a kid could take a knife or shotgun to "show and tell" at school and nobody would think anything of it - AND nobody would get hurt.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Back in my day, if you had a TV and wanted to change the channel you got up and went to the TV and moved the knobs and the rabbit ear antenna. Oh and the TV was black and white only!
Oh no, back in the day I was the remote control, my dad would tell me what channel to put on, or slap the side of the TV to get a better picture.

livespive

Back in my day, I just sat on the fireplace next to the TV so I didn't have to get up.
I used to watch MTV all day.........

Video Kid on the Radio Star :)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Back in MY day there was no MTV. In fact. No cable. We had 4 channels using a HUGE antenna with a rotor, and I was about 10 years old or so when cable was first offered. Our first cable connection cost us $.75/mo and consisted of 4 channels, with two more being added shortly afterwards.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
:Laugh::Laugh::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
IF I REMEMBER RIGHT, IT WAS 3 "PREACHER" CHANNELS AND 1 NEWS CHANNEL. NO MUSIC UNTIL EARLY TO MID 60'S.