The "Back in MY Day" post

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Back in the day I remember going with my Dad to the Dime Store to test the tubes for the TV.
Also back in the day going outside to the fuse box to replace a blown fuse.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
And Greg pulls out in the lead for the oldest fart on the block......

We need JLS :)
... but I'm often here (at age 76).

... and actually, I'm quite a survivor. I was listed as dead in my high school class' 10th, 20th and 30th reunion booklets, and even so, I actually attended the 40th and 50th reunions (and plan to attend the 60th reunion next year).

livespive

Yeah, but you didn't make a comment that officially qualifies you as the oldest fart :p:D;)

... and actually, I'm quite a survivor. I was listed as dead in my high school class' 10th, 20th and 30th reunion booklets, and even so, I actually attended the 40th and 50th reunions (and plan to attend the 60th reunion next year).

livespive

I remember you talking about being listed as dead, too funny.

livespive

Come on....

The old WCW I think it was called. The Fabulous Free Birds The Road Warriors, Jimmy Super Fly, Rick Flair Whooo :D:D:D:D:p;)
Even if it was fake, when Jimmy took off and landed, you know you had to feel something. Hell, I felt it :)

IT was better than that WWF Soup Opera crap.

Dear livespive:

How many years (or decades) ago was THAT?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Back in my day, you had to ship your pictures out to be developed, then pick them up at the store a few days later. Posting said pics to a board meant you physically took a pin (or tape) and stuck them to an actual board.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Back in my day, you often had to gather up enough coins to make long-distance phone calls from a phone booth, and such phone booths are about as extinct as the dinosaur. And that's one thing that is far cheaper nowadays, because back then, a long-distance call might cost two dollars or more for a 3-minute call.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Back in my day, you often had to gather up enough coins to make long-distance phone calls from a phone booth, and such phone booths are about as extinct as the dinosaur. And that's one thing that is far cheaper nowadays, because back then, a long-distance call might cost two dollars or more for a 3-minute call.
"50 cents for the next minute, please" LMAO!! I remember it well.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Back in MY day, a driver would pull into a service station, be greeted by an attendant, and simply made a request, such as "A dollar's worth of regular" or "Fill it up with Ethyl." For each dollar, you not only got the requested gasoline, but also had your windshield washed and oil and tires checked, at no extra charge.

[Today, when you pull into a service station, your only likely contact with an employee is via the press of a button on the pump (if you need assistance). Before fueling, you must go inside to pay in advance or you have to scan a gas card or a credit card. If you use a credit card, chances are good that you'll have to (a) enter the card in the reader, (b) indicate "yes" or "no" whether or not you want a car wash, (c) indicate "yes" or "no" whether or not you want a receipt, (d) wait for preliminary authorization, (e) enter your 5-digit zip code, (f) select your fuel-grade choice, (g) pump the fuel yourself, (h) put the fuel hose back in the proper place, and (I) wait for the receipt, if you asked for one, or go inside to get it, if you get a "see cashier" message.]

... and not only that, you have to pay MUCH, MUCH MORE for far less service.