This just in... Trump wants military to guard border...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
But you do know the South border is just the first step. The rest will come....

You said you would prefer other means that military, question, doesn't congress have to agree to use the military?

My main point is this, Trump already took his stance on the wall. He then pissed off Mexico by saying that they would have to
pay for the wall. Putting military at the border is just another hostile move that may have a bad result.
Not certain on congressional approval. I think that may be approval to go to war. Technically, we are not going to war...unless this mob crosses the border. That could be construed as an act of war which would give the president the power to deploy. I THINK. BUT, aligning our troops along the border is nothing more than a training maneuver, right?

livespive

So if this is training, then the Russian flybys are just training???

While I will say it is an idea because we are not using border patrol.
It is a bad idea to show military force on a friendly border....

Maybe use the Nation Guard, and rotate them, that wouldn't seem so threatening, but sending the military for border patrol,
is like sending S.W.A.T. for mall security.

Not certain on congressional approval. I think that may be approval to go to war. Technically, we are not going to war...unless this mob crosses the border. That could be construed as an act of war which would give the president the power to deploy. I THINK. BUT, aligning our troops along the border is nothing more than a training maneuver, right?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
So if this is training, then the Russian flybys are just training???

While I will say it is an idea because we are not using border patrol.
It is a bad idea to show military force on a friendly border....

Maybe use the Nation Guard, and rotate them, that wouldn't seem so threatening, but sending the military for border patrol,
is like sending S.W.A.T. for mall security.
I guess that depends on whose airspace.

National guard would be my first choice, but I do believe they are considered military, no? And the act of aggression is emanating from the south, is it not?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You'd have thought that 40 years of the "War on Drugs" would have already created a tighter border patrol and entry access checkpoints/control for who and what comes into our country regardless of which border (N,S,E, or W). Guess not...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
You'd have thought that 40 years of the "War on Drugs" would have already created a tighter border patrol and entry access checkpoints/control for who and what comes into our country regardless of which border (N,S,E, or W). Guess not...
And it very well MAY have had the left not cut funding for everything that's important. They didn't give a rat's ass about the border because to them, the more the merrier. Democrat voters!! The left was more than willing to allow the drugs to come in as long as they were gaining votes. That's no secret.

livespive

Yes they are, but everyone thinks of them as rent a cops. It would not look as threatening if it is just the guard.

I guess that depends on whose airspace.

National guard would be my first choice, but I do believe they are considered military, no? And the act of aggression is emanating from the south, is it not?

livespive

Nope, because they are getting some of that cash.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
But nobody wants to go there, they all want to come here :Unsure:
Dear livespive:

That doesn't matter. The point is that Mexico has stringent rules (and punishments) against illegal immigration, whereas our borders are extremely porous compared to theirs. And some libs favor even more-porous borders.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
My main point is this, Trump already took his stance on the wall. He then pissed off Mexico by saying that they would have to
pay for the wall. Putting military at the border is just another hostile move that may have a bad result.
Dear livespive:

Our lenient policies have ALREADY led to bad results -- a multitude of crimes, plus tax-paying Americans being forced to fund education, hospitals, etc., for illegals.

livespive

I don't think so. You can post all of the stringent rules that you want to make it look like you are the roughest toughest
when you know nobody wants to go there.

Dear livespive:

That doesn't matter. The point is that Mexico has stringent rules (and punishments) against illegal immigration, whereas our borders are extremely porous compared to theirs. And some libs favor even more-porous borders.

livespive

We have crime now, they aren't causing an over abundance. Just ask JLS about Chicago......

Speaking of which, anyone heard from him?

Dear livespive:

Our lenient policies have ALREADY led to bad results -- a multitude of crimes, plus tax-paying Americans being forced to fund education, hospitals, etc., for illegals.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
AND THE NATIONAL GUARD IS ON THE WAY. WONDER IF THAT CHANGED THEIR MINDS?
Doubt it. Probably just changed their strategy. One big caravan of people is easy to identify... breaking up into small groups would be much easier to fly under the radar and get in un-noticed, which is what they'll probably do.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Greg, you of all people should see that these are just steps to a Police State.
Hardly. We still have our guns and a police state would require gun confiscation. Democrats want our guns, so it appears they are the ones that want a police state.

livespive

And they are slowly working on that...

1. trying to get "assault" rifles that are not "assault" rifles.
2. Next will be semi auto pistols.

Trust the moves are not coming like the kids in FL wanted them. They thought we would protest and tomorrow the laws change.

IT's chess, the moves are slow.

Hardly. We still have our guns and a police state would require gun confiscation. Democrats want our guns, so it appears they are the ones that want a police state.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I'm honestly surprised that border states haven't mobilized their national guards yet anyway. Except California, where they are more worried about coffee giving them cancer than illegals.