This just in... Trump wants military to guard border...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Glock. Absolutely indestructible, completely strips right down in 2 minutes, only requires 2 tiny drops of lube every 2000 or so rounds.
While their reputation is to be nearly indestructable and very reliable, the ones I've shot I found the grips to be hardly more comfortable than holding a block of wood without the corners sanded down. They really need to work on ergonomics for me to purchase one. After all, I'm not going to be swimming through a swamp with my handgun to sneak up on bad guys...

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I am a Glock fanboy, but you do make a valid point. Some folks just don't feel comfortable with the grip. The Gen 4 supposedly corrected that. Now, the Gen 5 is somewhere in between.

With that said- The most comfortable pistol on the market (for me) is the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. Comes chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP... I am a .45 guy, so my choice is the Shield .45 and that is coming from a Glock owner.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't think so. You can post all of the stringent rules that you want to make it look like you are the roughest toughest
when you know nobody wants to go there.
Dear livespive:

You're wrong about that. Perhaps not from the north (U.S.), but there are plenty of Nicaraguans, El Salvadorans, Guatamalans and Costa Ricans who would prefer Mexico over their own country.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I am a Glock fanboy, but you do make a valid point. Some folks just don't feel comfortable with the grip. The Gen 4 supposedly corrected that. Now, the Gen 5 is somewhere in between.

With that said- The most comfortable pistol on the market (for me) is the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. Comes chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP... I am a .45 guy, so my choice is the Shield .45 and that is coming from a Glock owner.
I did like the feel of the S&W 9mm M&P. And I'll look into the Glock gen 4 and see if I can find one to try out. :Thumbsup:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I did like the feel of the S&W 9mm M&P. And I'll look into the Glock gen 4 and see if I can find one to try out. :Thumbsup:
I've got the Gen 4 G19 and G42. They come with extra back straps to thicken the grip. My only complaint with the grip is it's already a bit too large for me. I've got short fingers and when I grab the G19 it's a handful. My G42 is extremely nice because I added the pinky grips to the bottoms of my mags.

livespive

You might be right, but most are trying to go through Mexico to get here :)

Dear livespive:

You're wrong about that. Perhaps not from the north (U.S.), but there are plenty of Nicaraguans, El Salvadorans, Guatamalans and Costa Ricans who would prefer Mexico over their own country.

livespive

Mine used to bite me, as I have big hands, but I bought a Hogue grip that slips over and I haven't had a problem from then on.

While their reputation is to be nearly indestructable and very reliable, the ones I've shot I found the grips to be hardly more comfortable than holding a block of wood without the corners sanded down. They really need to work on ergonomics for me to purchase one. After all, I'm not going to be swimming through a swamp with my handgun to sneak up on bad guys...

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Another is the Springfield XD mod.2 -it has a pretty much PERFECT feeling grip. I kid you not! The high bore axis is typical Springfield, but I know professional shooters that have absolutely no issues with it.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I like the Springfield armory XD and XDm series. Better Glock IMHO. Only complaint is tight recoil spring.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I like the Springfield armory XD and XDm series. Better Glock IMHO. Only complaint is tight recoil spring.
Go "fondle" a mod.2 at your favorite sporting goods dealer. I think you will like it better than any composite Springfield to date. It is that good.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Just checked, and my local gun range has the Glock gen 4's to rent. No Springfield though... a friend has an older XD .45, and I liked that one. He just got a new Springfield in 9mm, not sure which model... I'll have to ask him if he wants to go to the range one of these days so I can try it out!

Any thoughts on Sig, H&K, FN, or Ruger? These are all available to rent/try out at the range too (along with S&W).

livespive

I have to look at my SN, but my 19 I think is a gen 2. I have had sense 1995 love it.
I had a 17, but sold it

I've got the Gen 4 G19 and G42. They come with extra back straps to thicken the grip. My only complaint with the grip is it's already a bit too large for me. I've got short fingers and when I grab the G19 it's a handful. My G42 is extremely nice because I added the pinky grips to the bottoms of my mags.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Any thoughts on Sig, H&K, FN, or Ruger? These are all available to rent/try out at the range too (along with S&W).
Not a Sig fan, although that is JMO. H&K is top notch. FN is darn good. Ruger makes a good revolver (maybe the best), but I haven't had a chance to really try the pistols. The ergonomics have not impressed me much... One thing to consider is simplicity of assembly/disassembly. Keeping your firearm clean and lubed involves not being intimidated by this procedure. This is where Glock shines. It is very easy to maintain and is extremely reliable. It may not be the best looking, but once you get acquainted with it- you smile ear to ear. No other manufacturer has the aftermarket support that Glock owners enjoy. Customize it and show it off. Sky is the limit with Glock.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Go "fondle" a mod.2 at your favorite sporting goods dealer. I think you will like it better than any composite Springfield to date. It is that good.
Looks like it's slimmer. I think I want a fatter double stack grip. The XD is TGs, but I don't mind firing it.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Not a Sig fan, although that is JMO. H&K is top notch. FN is darn good. Ruger makes a good revolver (maybe the best), but I haven't had a chance to really try the pistols. The ergonomics have not impressed me much... One thing to consider is simplicity of assembly/disassembly. Keeping your firearm clean and lubed involves not being intimidated by this procedure. This is where Glock shines. It is very easy to maintain and is extremely reliable. It may not be the best looking, but once you get acquainted with it- you smile ear to ear. No other manufacturer has the aftermarket support that Glock owners enjoy. Customize it and show it off. Sky is the limit with Glock.
I still like SA/DA thick chunky pistols like Sig and HK. But from a self defense perspective, I think the function of the safety grip and consistent trigger pull are better. One of my favorite guns to shoot is an HK USP 45. Feels closer to shooting a 9mm due to the recoil system they have.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I still like SA/DA thick chunky pistols like Sig and HK. But from a self defense perspective, I think the function of the safety grip and consistent trigger pull are better. One of my favorite guns to shoot is an HK USP 45. Feels closer to shooting a 9mm due to the recoil system they have.
Recoil is the main reason I went to a .380 acp for daily carry. Less recoil means quicker re-aim times and a tighter group. I use my G19 for range use, but the .380 is at my side.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Hickok45 (YouTube) is the best on the web hands down. He's a big dude with big hands. Choose a model from his multitude of videos and get some good advice. His personal favorite is the Glock 26/27 double stack series. Chunky is good. :)