Virginia Governor 'Blackface' Northam

Scolai

How many of you folks have been keeping up with the growing tyranny in Virginia?

A little backstory - 2019 was an election year for the Virginia Legislature. For the first time in a very long while, Democrats have won a majority in both Houses of the legislature. Many of the new Democrat legislators ran unopposed or against Libertarian/Independent candidates, all but assuring their victory. The election was widely funded by Bloomberg, who pumped a lot of money into the state to create what would become a hot-bed for anti-gun experimentation.

Governor Blackface has vowed to completely reform Virginia's gun culture. Several new statutes have been pre-filed pending the January 8 reconvening of the legislature. Among other proposals, here are some of the new laws that will be introduced in the new legislature:
  • an effective ban on all semi-automatic rifles and handguns
  • raising purchase age to 21 for allowed weapons
  • penalties for allowing minors access to firearms (even for hunting)
  • suppressors banned
  • mag cap at 10 rounds or less
  • grandfathering currently owned weapons with the caveat that they be registered with the state
  • implementation of 'red flag' laws
  • limiting gun purchases to one a month
In response to the proposed legislation, 91% of Virginia counties and other cities have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries. Sheriffs and other LEO entities are declaring that they will not enforce any law that deprived Virginians of their rights under the Constitutions of the US and Virginia. People turned out by the thousands to City and County meetings declaring their support for sanctuary status.

Northam and other Democrat officials have responded to these Sanctuary Counties by threatening to terminate the employment of any LEO who doesn't enforce the laws. There have been additional threats to mobilize the Virginia National Guard to enforce the laws and confiscate illegal firearms. An additional budget of $250,000 has been proposed to provide funds to enforce new gun laws and to imprison people who are made felons overnight.

Get a little more information on what is happening in Virginia here.

Virginia is quickly becoming ground zero for a new Civil War. I can think of a dozen different scenarios regarding how this whole thing plays out. None of them end well.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Good luck. I guess states have the power to remove sherrifs who were lawfully voted in by the people? If it was that big a deal then the people should have rallied behind Republicans or independents.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Virginia is quickly becoming ground zero for a new Civil War. I can think of a dozen different scenarios regarding how this whole thing plays out. None of them end well.
Dear Scolai:

It's been said that "all's well that ends well" ... but you are correct that it's unlikely that THIS will end well.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Scolai:

It's been said that "all's well that ends well" ... but you are correct that it's unlikely that THIS will end well.
And it's going to become much uglier than already is. I don;t why no one has initiated a recall on that bastard. A handful of us are talking about that here, in Michigan. Whitmer has got to go.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
And it's going to become much uglier than already is. I don;t why no one has initiated a recall on that bastard. A handful of us are talking about that here, in Michigan. Whitmer has got to go.
... but if they were Republicans, they would have been forced or hounded out of office.

Scolai

THAT 2 INNOCENT PEOPLE DIED?
Aight. Try to keep up here.

More than 240 people were in that sanctuary when a lunatic pulled out a shotgun and proceeded to shoot at the security team. If Democrats like Ralph Northam and Beto O'Rourke had their way, that sanctuary would have been a gun free zone. By their own admission, gun confiscation and extreme restrictions on ownership are a part of their agenda.

More than 20 people were in that sanctuary. Thankfully, virtually all of them walked out. Sadly, two did not. And you can't recognize the superiority of this outcome to, say, 100 dead bodies comprised of innocent men, women, and children.

Please. Stop. I don't think you have the moral clarity for this discussion.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
This. Very unfortunate for the 2 innocent people who died and their families, make no mistake about that, but it would have been many more without those exercising their right to carry that day.
... but do you think that the fake news lamestream media will report it that way?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ITS SAD THAT TODAYS RIGHTOUS SOCIETY FEELS ITS OK WITH "ONLY 2 DEAD". I DO NOT THINK THAT 2 DEAD IS IN ANY WAY A WIN FOR CARRYING A GUN. I THINK YOUR CLARITY IS THE ONE THATS NOT FIT FOR THIS DISCUSSION SIR. OWNING AND CARRYING A GUN DOES NOT MAKE YOU MORALLY SUPERIOR. THATS IDIOTIC AT BEST. ANY OF YOU GO EXPLAIN TO THE LOVED ONES OF THOSE 2 PEOPLE THAT THEM DYING IS GOOD FOR AMERICA. BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SAYING.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
ITS SAD THAT TODAYS RIGHTOUS SOCIETY FEELS ITS OK WITH "ONLY 2 DEAD". I DO NOT THINK THAT 2 DEAD IS IN ANY WAY A WIN FOR CARRYING A GUN. I THINK YOUR CLARITY IS THE ONE THATS NOT FIT FOR THIS DISCUSSION SIR. OWNING AND CARRYING A GUN DOES NOT MAKE YOU MORALLY SUPERIOR. THATS IDIOTIC AT BEST. ANY OF YOU GO EXPLAIN TO THE LOVED ONES OF THOSE 2 PEOPLE THAT THEM DYING IS GOOD FOR AMERICA. BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SAYING.
Maybe not. But not being allowed to own and carry one makes you a slave. At least I have the opportunity to fend off an attack. You can hope someone shows up to help you. I'll take my guns any time.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I agree that 2 innocent people dead is not a "win" for America, but it is not as big of a loss as it most likely would have been otherwise.

And you're right, going to the families of the 2 innocent victims would be tough. On the other hand, would it be any better to tell who knows how many more families that the disarming of those who could have saved their loved ones is better for America?

The US is nowhere near a utopia of morality, far from it. We are not, nor have ever been, a peaceful or "wholesome" society, no matter how Hallmark Cards and Norman Rockwell try to portray us. It's tough, and unfortunately there's no easy answer.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THERE ARE ALOT OF THINGS TODAY THAT ALSO MAKES YOU A SLAVE, BY THAT VIEWPOINT. I DONT NEED HELP G, BUT THANKS. I DONT LIVE IN FEAR OF WHATS AROUND THE CORNER.