Virginia Governor 'Blackface' Northam

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ITS SAD THAT TODAYS RIGHTOUS SOCIETY FEELS ITS OK WITH "ONLY 2 DEAD". I DO NOT THINK THAT 2 DEAD IS IN ANY WAY A WIN FOR CARRYING A GUN. I THINK YOUR CLARITY IS THE ONE THATS NOT FIT FOR THIS DISCUSSION SIR. OWNING AND CARRYING A GUN DOES NOT MAKE YOU MORALLY SUPERIOR. THATS IDIOTIC AT BEST. ANY OF YOU GO EXPLAIN TO THE LOVED ONES OF THOSE 2 PEOPLE THAT THEM DYING IS GOOD FOR AMERICA. BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SAYING.
Dear WAMO:

The above-quoted post is difficult to respond to, because you're partly right but, in my opinion, mostly wrong ... but Greg T and 9andaWiggle have posted responses that I agree with.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHO DIDNT KNOW THAT. YOU DISAGREE WITH ME. GO FIGURE. BUT, IN MY OPINION, YOU ARE PARTLY RIGHT, BUT MOSTLY WRONG. I THINK BOTH THOSE 2 GENTLEMAN AND SCOLAI HAVE SOME VALID POINTS ALSO. INSTEAD OF BEING PROUD OF CARRYING A GUN, WHY NOT BE PROUD OF COMING UP WITH THE SOLUTION WHERE WE DONT NEED THEM. THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF. SHOOTING EACH OTHER IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF, FOR ANYONE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WHO DIDNT KNOW THAT. YOU DISAGREE WITH ME. GO FIGURE. BUT, IN MY OPINION, YOU ARE PARTLY RIGHT, BUT MOSTLY WRONG. I THINK BOTH THOSE 2 GENTLEMAN AND SCOLAI HAVE SOME VALID POINTS ALSO. INSTEAD OF BEING PROUD OF CARRYING A GUN, WHY NOT BE PROUD OF COMING UP WITH THE SOLUTION WHERE WE DONT NEED THEM. THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF. SHOOTING EACH OTHER IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF, FOR ANYONE.
Solution for not needing to defend ourselves? That's easy. Elect honest politicians and kill all the criminals. ..... in the world.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HONEST POLITCIANS? :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: THATS A GOOD ONE G!
AND THAT OTHER PART, IM SURE THAT WOULD INCLUDE YOU AND ME. SO NOT A GREAT IDEA AT ALL.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

Unfortunately, none of us live in Utopia or Shangri-La.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
HONEST POLITCIANS? :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: THATS A GOOD ONE G!
AND THAT OTHER PART, IM SURE THAT WOULD INCLUDE YOU AND ME. SO NOT A GREAT IDEA AT ALL.
Dear WAMO:

I don't consider myself any sort of criminal, and I doubt that you or Greg would fall into the (dangerous) criminal category, either.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I never said I was "proud" to carry a gun. Only that I do. I used to have the mindset that I live in an extremely safe and quiet place up here in the middle of nowhere. The population in my city is about 17k, and in the surrounding areas all total about 30k. We've had a couple of murders here. I'm talking maybe 3 or 4, until a handful of years ago. Well, within the last 10 years we've had about 20 home invasions, 2 murders, many armed robberies, and some road rage. Then, about 7 years ago a very dear lifelong buddy, who owns a grocery store, was robbed at gunpoint and shot in the leg. Oh, the store is in a little community of 2500 people. Yeah, 2500. So, you see, you can deny yourself the ability to defend yourself all you want. If you think you can fend off a couple of armed invaders, or someone attacking you on the street you're sadly mistaken. A firearm in the right place at the right time is a life saver. Period. I would much rather carry a weapon and NEVER need it than vise versa.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YOUR RIGHT AW, THOSE PLACES DONT EXIST. AND GUNS WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN, NOT IN ANYBODYS HANDS.

NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT DANGEROUS CRIMINALS AW, ONLY CRIMINALS. WHEN DOES A CRIMINAL, OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATER, BECOME DANGEROUS?

SO TAKING LESSONS TO FEND OFF ARMED BAD GUYS KIND OF MAKES SCOLAIS LIFES PROFESSION UNNECESSARY THEN?
I NOW LIVE IN A TOWN OF ABOUT 4600. WE DONT HAVE THOSE ISSUES THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE. MAYBE YOU SHOULD MOVE. AND I STILL BELIEVE THE MORE GUNS THAT ARE OUT THERE, THE MORE INNOCENT FOLKS ARE GOING TO DIE. PERIOD.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
YOUR RIGHT AW, THOSE PLACES DONT EXIST. AND GUNS WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN, NOT IN ANYBODYS HANDS.

NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT DANGEROUS CRIMINALS AW, ONLY CRIMINALS. WHEN DOES A CRIMINAL, OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATER, BECOME DANGEROUS?

SO TAKING LESSONS TO FEND OFF ARMED BAD GUYS KIND OF MAKES SCOLAIS LIFES PROFESSION UNNECESSARY THEN?
I NOW LIVE IN A TOWN OF ABOUT 4600. WE DONT HAVE THOSE ISSUES THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE. MAYBE YOU SHOULD MOVE. AND I STILL BELIEVE THE MORE GUNS THAT ARE OUT THERE, THE MORE INNOCENT FOLKS ARE GOING TO DIE. PERIOD.
You're wrong. Guns have been selling at an incredible rate and the violent crime continues to fall.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS G. YOUR CRIME RATE HAS RISEN WITH THE SALE OF MORE GUNS.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
NOT IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS G. YOUR CRIME RATE HAS RISEN WITH THE SALE OF MORE GUNS.
Our crime rate has risen with the influx of immigrants. Up until about 10 years ago we RARELY saw people of color. Since we now have racial diversity, we now have violent crime. Our gun population in the U.P. hasn't changed much in 75 years or more. If anything, WE now have fewer guns per capita than 50 years ago. But any number in either direction is negligible. We DO have more cpls, tho. This isn't rocket surgery. If stricter gun laws worked, Chicago and New York would be utopias.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
VIOLENT CRIMES ARE UP OVER ALL SINCE TRUMP TOOK OFFICE:
MURDER
RAPE
ASSAULT
VEHICLE THEFT

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ANYWHERE YOU HAVE HIGH POVERTY LEVELS, YOUR GOING TO HAVE HIGH CRIME RATES. THOSE CRIME RATES WOULD CLIMB ENORMOUSLY IF THEY DIDNT HAVE SOME KIND OF GUN CONTROL. MAKE SINCE? AND AGAIN, THE WEAPON AT THE BOTTOM OF IT ALL, GUNS!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
ANYWHERE YOU HAVE HIGH POVERTY LEVELS, YOUR GOING TO HAVE HIGH CRIME RATES. THOSE CRIME RATES WOULD CLIMB ENORMOUSLY IF THEY DIDNT HAVE SOME KIND OF GUN CONTROL. MAKE SINCE? AND AGAIN, THE WEAPON AT THE BOTTOM OF IT ALL, GUNS!
\ This is absolute absurdity. Stricter gun laws penalize ONLY those who obey the laws. Making gun laws stiffer only leave MORE criminals and fewer good people with guns. Fact.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE VIOLENT CRIME RATES WERE OF THE WHOLE U.S. AS ARE ANY FIGURES YOU FOUND.

SORRY ABOUT THAT G, BUT I AM RIGHT. FACT. AND THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT THAT GUNS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF IT ALL. :Thumbsup:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
From PEW research:

"Violent crime in the U.S. has fallen sharply over the past quarter century. The two most commonly cited sources of crime statistics in the U.S. both show a substantial decline in the violent crime rate since it peaked in the early 1990s. One is an annual report by the FBI of serious crimes reported to police in more than 18,500 jurisdictions around the country. The other is a nationally representative annual survey by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, which asks approximately 160,000 Americans ages 12 and older whether they were victims of crime, regardless of whether they reported those crimes to the police.
Using the FBI numbers, the violent crime rate fell 51% between 1993 and 2018. Using the BJS data, the rate fell 71% during that span. The long-term decline in violent crime hasn’t been uninterrupted, though. The FBI, for instance, reported increases in the violent crime rate between 2004 and 2006 and again between 2014 and 2016. Violent crime includes offenses such as rape, robbery and assault."

FT_19.10.14_CrimeTrends_1.png

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
VIOLENT CRIME RATES

VIOLENT CRIMES 1,234,183 MURDER 15,883 RAPE 91,261 ASSAULT 764,057 VEHICLE THEFT 713,063

VIOLENT CRIMES 1,245,065 MURDER 16,214 RAPE 139,380 ASSAULT 807,410 VEHICLE THEFT 748,841

THE NUMBERS I SHOW ARE OF THE ENTIRE U.S. EVEN THE GRAPH YOU PROVIDE SHOWS VIOLENT CRIME UP, NOT DOWN, SINCE 2015.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
You've not read what I posted or you're incapable of understanding it. This is not that difficult to grasp. So, by your belief, more gun laws and fewer legal guns leads to lower crime rates. Try telling that to Chicago, Baltimore, New York, etc. Apparently, you think taking away ALL legal guns would make us a utopia. Check with North Korea, China, Japan, Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, and the rest of the disarmed countries.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LETS SEE IF YOUR CAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING THESE.

CHICAGO DOES NOT HAVE THE STRICKTEST GUN LAWS IN THE NATION! IN 2010 AND 2012 GUN BANS AND CONCELED CARRY BANS WERE LIFTED. NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES HAVE STRICKTER GUN LAWS. CHICAGO IS NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10 CITIES FOR GUN VIOLENCE RATES.

STRICKTEST GUN LAWS 1 THRU 10 / GUN DEATH RANKING
CALIFORNIA 43th
CONNECTICUT 46th
NEW JERSEY 45th
MASSACHUSETTS 50th
MARYLAND 27th
NEW YORK 48th
HAWAII 49TH
ILLINOIS 39th
RHODE ISLAND 47th
WASHINGTON 37th

LEAST RESTRICTIVE GUN LAWS 41 THRU 50 / GUN DEATH RANKING
VERMONT 38th
KENTUCKY 13th
LOUISIANA 2nd (NEW ORLEANS - GUN DEATH LEADER)
ALASKA 1st
WYOMING 4th
IDAHO 15th
ARIZONA 18th
KANSAS 31st
MISSOURI 9th
MISSISSIPPI 5th

SO YES, STRICTER GUN LAWS DO CREATE FEWER GUN DEATHS.

Last edited: