BHO: 'Islam Woven Into Fabric of Country Since Founding'

Robadat

Bill Herald said:
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
I don't give a shit how they are treated over there. I care how we treat each other here. Not my call to tell their culture how to work and what is acceptable or not.
Dear Cool Rocking Daddy:
It should be of at least minimal concern to everyone what that culture thinks of the U.S. and non-Muslims throughout the world.
Which culture is that? I'll welcome anyone here if they're coming here for the right reasons.
One of which is to make a better life for themselves that they can not have in their old country.
Another is to have the right to freely exercise their religion without fear or retribution, as long as they don't cause harm to others in doing so.
I don't care what their old culture thinks of us, I care that they come here with the intent to leave that mindset behind and live peacefully with those already here.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Robadat and Cool Rocking Daddy:
I don't think there are very many people (including myself) who would object to people FROM ANY CULTURE coming here for the right reasons. And obviously, it's a good thing if people (of any culture) attempt to make a better life for themselves.
I also agree that everyone should have the right to freely exercize their religion without fear or retribution, as long as they don't cause to harm to others in doing so. But without question, RADICAL MUSLIM TERRORISTS don't share that viewpoint, and that's what should be of concern.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Robadat said:
Bill Herald said:
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
I don't give a shit how they are treated over there. I care how we treat each other here. Not my call to tell their culture how to work and what is acceptable or not.
Dear Cool Rocking Daddy:
It should be of at least minimal concern to everyone what that culture thinks of the U.S. and non-Muslims throughout the world.
Which culture is that? I'll welcome anyone here if they're coming here for the right reasons.
One of which is to make a better life for themselves that they can not have in their old country.
Another is to have the right to freely exercise their religion without fear or retribution, as long as they don't cause harm to others in doing so.
I don't care what their old culture thinks of us, I care that they come here with the intent to leave that mindset behind and live peacefully with those already here.
Exactly!! Come here with the idea of success, contributing to society, learning the language, and becoming a legal citizen. Practice any religion you like as long as it doesn't negatively affect those of us who do not reconize it.

Robadat

Dear Bill;
Shouldn't terrorists, in any form, be of concern.
Should we be wary of all christians because there are a few crazies ones out there, like Westboro?
Should we be wary of all Irish due to the IRA?

Point being, is it right to be wary of an entire group of people due to the activities of a very tiny portion of them?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HOW MANY AMERICANS HAVE TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF ANY MILITANT EXTREMIST ON AMERICAN SOIL BEFORE ANYONE REALIZES THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GOOD ONE AND A BAD ONE. STOP THEM ALL! IF ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY CANT PUT THE WORD AMERICAN IN FRONT OF WHATEVER THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, GO BACK, WE DONT WANT YOU.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Robadat said:
Point being, is it right to be wary of an entire group of people due to the activities of a very tiny portion of them?
Dear Robadat:
That's a typical liberal talking point. Of course, people (including myself) shouldn't be wary of the entire group of Muslims, but we should at least take note of the threat(s) posed by the small percentage of Muslims that fall into the categories of EXTREMISTS and TERRORISTS.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Herald, I'm more frightened of you and your prejudices/biases than some Muslim I've never met. People like you are what the paranoid Right Wing base cater to. That is what scares me.
Dear Cool Rocking Daddy:
It sounds as if YOU are the PARANOID one ... if, indeed, you are scared of me.

Robadat

Bill Herald said:
Robadat said:
Dear Robadat:
That's a typical liberal talking point. Of course, people (including myself) shouldn't be wary of the entire group of Muslims, but we should at least take note of the threat(s) posed by the small percentage of Muslims that fall into the categories of EXTREMISTS and TERRORISTS.
Gee, I've never been accused of using libby talking points before. Agree that we should take note of the threat posed by extremists and terrorists of all persuasions. But I'm not one here who lumped in all Muslims with the exteremist terrorists based on the Muslim culture. Many muslims in other countries refuse to speak out against terrorists due to the fact they often end up dead, their wives and children raped and murdered when they show any resistance to these groups. That's a pretty strong incentive to keep one's mouth shut.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Robadat:
I'm sure you'll agree with my hope that we, here in America, never have to have similar "incentives" to keep our mouths shut. And your previous post DOES point out that radical Muslim terrorists are prone to kill others -- including Muslims -- who speak out against them.

Robadat

Bill Herald said:
Dear Robadat:
I'm sure you'll agree with my hope that we, here in America, never have to have similar "incentives" to keep our mouths shut. And your previous post DOES point out that radical Muslim terrorists are prone to kill others -- including Muslims -- who speak out against them.
Sure, but I don't lump all muslims in with the radicals terrorists who have perverted their religion into justifying their actions against people who don't follow them.
That is what I hold against the President, by failing to call these fuckers what they really are, Radical Muslim Extremists, due to not wanting to offend them or other peace loving muslims, he gives them the illusion that we are in fear of them. I say BS, let's call them out for what they are and deal with them in terms they understand since they don't understand civilized terms and actions.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Robadat said:
Sure, but I don't lump all muslims in with the radicals terrorists who have perverted their religion into justifying their actions against people who don't follow them.
That is what I hold against the President, by failing to call these fuckers what they really are, Radical Muslim Extremists, due to not wanting to offend them or other peace loving muslims, he gives them the illusion that we are in fear of them. I say BS, let's call them out for what they are and deal with them in terms they understand since they don't understand civilized terms and actions.
Dear Robadat:
What gives you the idea that I am lumping ALL Muslims into the category of radical terrorists? I CERTAINLY DON'T, nor do I intend to do so.
Not only that, I agree with everything you said in your above-quoted post.

Robadat

Bill Herald said:
Robadat said:
Dear Robadat:
What gives you the idea that I am lumping ALL Muslims into the category of radical terrorists? I CERTAINLY DON'T, nor do I intend to do so.
Not only that, I agree with everything you said in your above-quoted post.
Remember these posts?
"... but why does Barack Hussein Obama feel so strongly that we must "welcome people of all faiths" when many Muslims worldwide show little or no tolerance to those of other faiths and certainly don't "welcome" non-Islamic believers?"
"It should be of at least minimal concern to everyone what that culture thinks of the U.S. and non-Muslims throughout the world."
"Many Muslims", "That culture"? It isn't a culture, it's a small group who have perverted that culture into something completely different...
Whether intentional or not, you seem to be protraying a stance that you believe the Muslim culture is the problem. It isn't, it's a miniscule small percentage of muslims who are a problem...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Robadat:
I haven't stated that the Muslim culture is the problem. I agree with you that it a small percentage of Muslims who pose problems as radical terrorists. If you recall, I recently posted a mini-editorial in this forum that repeatedly put the words RADICAL MUSLIM TERRORISTS in capital letters. And that mini-editorial did NOT refer to the entire scope of Islam or to the vast majority of Muslims worldwide; rather, it referred only to RADICAL MUSLIM TERRORISTS.
Regardless of how you interpret some of my posts on the subject, I'm pretty sure that we are actually "on the same page" with regard to the issue at hand.

Robadat

Agreed we're on the same page. Just was the way you worded your posts appeared to make it look like you were lumping all muslims in, not that I thought that was what you meant to say...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Amazing to me that a trained "journalist" constantly has to go back and defend what he wrote and explain what he meant when he first wrote something. amazing.
... but have you ever stopped to think that some people may not always be able to comprehend the words of a brilliant journalist and/or wordsmith?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Let me know when one of those joins the site.
Dear Cool Rocking Daddy:
Consider it done. I'll make it a point to let you know whenever I find out that ANOTHER great journalist has joined the site. In the meantime, have a great weekend.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
No. Just notify me when ONE journalist joins the site.
Dear Cool Rocking Daddy:
Again, I'll do so when a journalist joins the site ... and of course, I've already joined the site (and I did so long before you did). And before Tony revamped the site, my original screen name was the most-appropriate ALWAYS WRITE.