The elephant in the room; discussion

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MENTAL TESTING IS POINTLESS! I DONT THINK GREG'S FRIEND ROLLO DOWN ON THE CORNER IS GOING TO CARE IF YOU CAN PASS A MENTAL TEST. I HAD NOT HEARD THE KNIFE STORY, BUT GT NAILED IT...ALOT OF KIDS DIE HAD IT BEEN AN AR15. BUT I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE THEM BUY A KNIFE FROM ROLLO AND NOT A GUN.
HOW BOUT THIS: GLOCK 9 AT LOCAL WAL MART $8,000. ROLLO AINT GUNA SELL IT FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED ANYMORE. NUT CASES COULDNT AFFORD IT.
ARM TEACHERS IN SCHOOLS. WHO PAYS FOR TRAINING, GUNS, MENTAL TESTING, ARMORED VEST, INCREASED INSURANCE AND ON AND ON. OH WAIT, ALL REGISTERED GUN OWNERS FOOT THE BILL. IM GOOD WITH THAT.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
TAKE AWAY THE SHOVEL AND PEDRO CANT DIG THE DITCH.
REMOVE THE TOOL, YOU CANT COMPLETE THE JOB.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
TAKE AWAY THE SHOVEL AND PEDRO CANT DIG THE DITCH.
REMOVE THE TOOL, YOU CANT COMPLETE THE JOB.
Remove the nut job and let the rest of the people have their tools. 2000 babies are killed EVERY DAY in this country but not one liberal nutjob is calling for the banning of forceps. At least 8 people die every day in this country from people texting while driving. Nobody seems to be wanting cell phones banned or an age of 21 to own one.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NUT JOBS CAN STILL GET TOOLS. GET RID OF THE TOOLS. I THINK IF 2000 BABIES WERE KILLED EVERYDAY, THAT WOULD FOR SURE MAKE THE NEWS G. I WOULD RATHER A NUT JOB WALK INTO A SCHOOL AND TRY AND TEXT THE OTHER KIDS TO DEATH. THOSE 8 PEOPLE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING ARE PROBABLY TEXTING ROLLO TO SEE IF THEY CAN GET A TOOL FROM HIM.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
NUT JOBS CAN STILL GET TOOLS. GET RID OF THE TOOLS. I THINK IF 2000 BABIES WERE KILLED EVERYDAY, THAT WOULD FOR SURE MAKE THE NEWS G. I WOULD RATHER A NUT JOB WALK INTO A SCHOOL AND TRY AND TEXT THE OTHER KIDS TO DEATH. THOSE 8 PEOPLE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING ARE PROBABLY TEXTING ROLLO TO SEE IF THEY CAN GET A TOOL FROM HIM.
No, not when planned parenthood funds them. 700,000 babies every fucking year in this country are killed. Some are tossed in the garbage and some are used to harvest organs. And you anti-gunners look the other way. WHY? Because liberals love to preach about freedom of choice. Well, I choose to own guns that have killed no one. They choose to kill babies. Who are the fucking nut cases?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WELL, THEY ARENT "BABIES" UNTIL THEY TAKE A BREATH. I GUESS IN YOUR SCENARIO THE DR'S AND NURSES THAT PERFORM THE ABORTIONS ARE THE "NUT-CASES", RIGHT? NUT CASES CHOOSE TO OWN GUNS TOO THAT HAVE KILLED NOONE, UNTIL THEY DO.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
11 DEATHS A DAY FROM TEXTING AND DRIVING.
104 GUN RELATED DEATHS A DAY.
STATES THAT ISSUED CONCEALED-CARRY PERMITS IN 2016 HAD A 10.6 PERCENT INCREASE IN HANDGUN HOMICIDES.
THE FLORIDA BILL BEFORE THE GOVERNOR TO SIGN INTO LAW STATES THAT LAW ENFORCEMENT CAN REMOVE GUNS FROM THE MENTALY ILL OR "THOSE DEEMED A THREAT BY LAW ENFORCMENT".

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WELL, THEY ARENT "BABIES" UNTIL THEY TAKE A BREATH. I GUESS IN YOUR SCENARIO THE DR'S AND NURSES THAT PERFORM THE ABORTIONS ARE THE "NUT-CASES", RIGHT? NUT CASES CHOOSE TO OWN GUNS TOO THAT HAVE KILLED NOONE, UNTIL THEY DO.
Wrong. A heartbeat comes from a living being. If you were anywhere NEAR being correct, it would mean that a freshly born baby can be legally killed as long as it doesn't take a breath? You're fucked up.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY WE GOT OFF YOUR ORIGINAL THOUGHT 9. YOU ARE 100% RIGHT. WE AS A SOCIETY CANT AGREE ON ANYTHING ANYMORE. THIS KIND OF TRAGEDY WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN NO MATER WHAT ELSE HAPPENS. BUT MENTALLY ILL FOLKS WILL STILL FIND A WAY TO GET WHATEVER WEAPON THEY WANT. IT IS SAD TO SAY, BUT IT IS JUST TO EASY FOR THEM TO GET THEIR HANDS ON THE MOST COMMON AND MOST USED WEAPON OF CHOICE. WHEN THEIR INTENT IS TO KILL AS MANY AS THEY CAN, THEY WONT CHOOSE A KNIFE. I AM LATE FOR WORK. DAMN IT.
I AGREE WITH GT, BOOBIES PLEASE!

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
This is all a mute point.
We as a country will NEVER agree to remove or change the 2nd amendment. To many hoops to jump thru, so it will never happen.
But I saw on Facebook a new bullet proof room you can put in classrooms made buy a company in Oklahoma it looks promising.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This is all a mute point.
We as a country will NEVER agree to remove or change the 2nd amendment. To many hoops to jump thru, so it will never happen.
But I saw on Facebook a new bullet proof room you can put in classrooms made buy a company in Oklahoma it looks promising.
I'm not worried one bit about repealing the 2A. Won;t happen. BUT, what i am concerned about is that nobody is taking this "right" seriously. This is not a privilege. It's not something that can be age limited, or type restricted. This is a right which happens to be imposed at birth. A drivers license, a cell phone, alcohol are all privileges that can be given, taken, and governed. Rights are rights.

livespive

Ok, look at it this way, let's say we could repeal the 2A, what then?

Let's say it is repealed Monday, Look at how many firearms are sitting in the factories,
either workers will steal them, executives will sell them, outsiders will steal them.
this will happen before the authorities get there to take them.

Now you have to go and get the guns that you know about that people own.

Then the biggest problem will be how do you get the guns that you don't know about.
In Chicago they are trying to find the gun that killed an officer/chief. It was bought in Wisconsin
and had 6 owners that they know of, that means that there were 6 legal owners.

Here in Columbus a cop got his gun stolen, so now what..........

All good fiction is based on the truth, are we trying to get to the time of Judge Dred No Murder Murder Kill Kill :)

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
There you go, you guys keep your guns. Stop worrying about a "liberal agenda" or other buzz words b/c nothing is happening to 2A. Let's move on.
It's not a we win you lose (or vice versa) argument, to me. My problem with the "ban the guns" movement is that I honestly feel it is a knee jerk reaction with a utopian pipe dream that will ultimately fail to solve the problem, because the human element is much more complex than the mechanical.

Removing all guns from earth is not possible. That is why I call it a utopian pipe dream. Sure, if no guns existed, nobody would ever be shot. But the cat has been out of the bag for a few hundred years now, and it's not going back in.

Not all, but a few of these shootings would have been prevented if current laws were followed. They weren't, and those failures in our system were made by the very government those supporting gun bans are looking to for protection! Our government has proven to be unreliable in following its own procedures for protecting people from gun violence - how do we expect any new legislation will make anything better?

Reviewing the "War on Drugs" - total failure. Prohibition (and I think any major ban on guns or repeal of 2A would result in similarities of what took place during prohibition) - total failure. Both of these government crackdowns, in knee-jerk efforts to save people from themselves by banning specific things instead of addressing the root of the problem (depression and addiction, also mental health conditions), resulted in a rise of organized crime that was very profitable and created powerful criminal organizations. Through these unregulated criminal organizations, people were still able to get as much alcohol and as many drugs as they wanted. I don't see how the government jumping in on guns in the same manner will play out any differently.

I'm not saying this to dismiss there is a problem. There is. But we cannot do what we've done in the past and expect a different result. If I had the answer, I'd give it. But a first step, IMO, is to look at the issue in total and formulate a multi-point plan to address it. The human element must be included in this discussion. The societal element must be included in the discussion. And of course, weapons (not just guns) must be included in the discussion.