The elephant in the room; discussion

livespive

Man, I was born in 72 :)

Even tho I tested out two years early, my class is class of 72, and we had open doors, open campus and never a problem. Everyone here has guns..we're fucking yoopers!!! 75% of the vehicles in the school lots are pickups, and back in the day they had gun racks in the back windows. Yes, and they had guns in them. Today is a bit different with all the shit coming down, after all, we ARE a blue state. But the vast majority of people here are gun owners, hunters and concealed carriers. In fact, the first day of deer season here is a holiday. No school! But, to get to the point, I still carry my protection on school grounds during my grandkids' activities and such. One person showed concern and I told them straight out that if something happened and I was able to stop a mad fucker, I'd sit down, surrender and let the cops figure it out. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, MY POINT WAS, AFTER YOU PROTECT SCHOOLS, THEY WILL JUST FIND ANOTHER TARGET. WITH EACH NEW TARGET, NEW SECURITY IS NEEDED. THUS LONG TERM, POLICE STATE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, MY POINT WAS, AFTER YOU PROTECT SCHOOLS, THEY WILL JUST FIND ANOTHER TARGET. WITH EACH NEW TARGET, NEW SECURITY IS NEEDED. THUS LONG TERM, POLICE STATE.
MY point is...if we do away with gun free zones their targets will become increasingly dangerous and they may think twice about going in.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF THEY HAVE KILLING ON THEIR MIND, AND DONT CARE IF THEY DIE, IT WONT MATER. ITS NOT GUN FREE ZONES. ITS WHERE LOTS AND LOTS OF TARGETS GATHER. GUNS GIVE PEOPLE BALLS THEY WOULD NOT HAVE WITH A KNIFE.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUT IM WITH YA G. IF DOING AWAY WITH GUN FREE ZONES WILL STOP MASS SHOOTINGS, I AM ALL FOR THAT! BUT IF IT DOESNT WORK, THEN WHAT?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
IF THEY HAVE KILLING ON THEIR MIND, AND DONT CARE IF THEY DIE, IT WONT MATER. ITS NOT GUN FREE ZONES. ITS WHERE LOTS AND LOTS OF TARGETS GATHER. GUNS GIVE PEOPLE BALLS THEY WOULD NOT HAVE WITH A KNIFE.
Do some research and then come back and report your findings. In the last 30 years, or even more, check out all the mass shootings, and by mass I mean 6+ victims, and tell me how many were in gun free zones as opposed to gun friendly zones. AND, be careful how "gun-free zone" is defined in the results because liberals love to twist and knot the stats. First, they use 2+ or 3+ as a mass shooting, and they don't call a place a gun free zone if it has an armed security guard. They're sneaky that way.

Oh, and about not having balls with a knife? Read on, my friend. And why was this NOT a major news event? WHY did it not clog the nightly news? WHY are there no liberals clamoring for more laws?? Because they don't care. It's doesn't fit their narrative.

Last edited:

livespive

So far (at least with the ones I have been looking at) the shooter has had something to do with the school.
So I don't think that the security would cause a migration of sorts. Now if the shooter had it out for a specific
person, that might still happen.

Good Times Good Times

Do some research and then come back and report your findings. In the last 30 years, or even more, check out all the mass shootings, and by mass I mean 6+ victims, and tell me how many were in gun free zones as opposed to gun friendly zones. AND, be careful how "gun-free zone" is defined in the results because liberals love to twist and knot the stats. First, they use 2+ or 3+ as a mass shooting, and they don't call a place a gun free zone if it has an armed security guard. They're sneaky that way.

Oh, and about not having balls with a knife? Read on, my friend. And why was this NOT a major news event? WHY did it not clog the nightly news? WHY are there no liberals clamoring for more laws?? Because they don't care. It's doesn't fit their narrative.
Trump said that the NYT is fake news, he said it, therefore, I don't believe it, any of it, bigly. And believe me, we're talking tremendous, tremendous doubt. The best. :Devilish:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... and for example, there is all kinds of airport security, but how much security is there at a bus station?

Good Times Good Times

Better?
Better?
Better?
Better?
This is only one case but as I was looking I stumbled upon about 8 or 10 of them. Pretty good post, tho!!! ;)
No one has ever disputed that the removal of guns (which isn't even what I would advocate) would eliminate all mass violence. If you look at that article, how many of the kids are now corpses? How many would be if that kid came in with an AR-15?

That's my, and and always has been, point. I've never said removal of guns eliminates all mass violence, just that mass violence that would occur would be less deadly. Then you'll turn to an example with a car, then I'll turn and tell you that the car has a literal utilitarian purpose, and then you go, then I go, then you go, round and round we go and end up at the same point where I'm labeled a gun grabber when I don't even oppose all guns or gun ownership. It's tiring to say the least, which is why I'm sick to death of this topic and frequent this site less.

The moral of the story is this.....Greg isn't interested in changing his mind.

Next topic, hopefully it's big boobies.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
No one has ever disputed that the removal of guns (which isn't even what I would advocate) would eliminate all mass violence. If you look at that article, how many of the kids are now corpses? How many would be if that kid came in with an AR-15?

That's my, and and always has been, point. I've never said removal of guns eliminates all mass violence, just that mass violence that would occur would be less deadly. Then you'll turn to an example with a car, then I'll turn and tell you that the car has a literal utilitarian purpose, and then you go, then I go, then you go, round and round we go and end up at the same point where I'm labeled a gun grabber when I don't even oppose all guns or gun ownership. It's tiring to say the least, which is why I'm sick to death of this topic and frequent this site less.
But that is not true. I showed you where the number with a knife was 21, and most of the mass shootings have been less than that. Where all these people make the mistake is they call it gun violence. It's just plain violent crime regardless of the tool used. MY point has always been to take care of the mental fuckwads and stop concentrating on the tool. But that won't fit the liberal agenda of a disarmed America. And that's why you don't see knives and bombs in the news all day, every day, and they don't idolize the bombers like they do the shooters. Have you seen a news story yet that actually blames the shooter?

Good Times Good Times

But that is not true. I showed you where the number with a knife was 21, and most of the mass shootings have been less than that. Where all these people make the mistake is they call it gun violence. It's just plain violent crime regardless of the tool used. MY point has always been to take care of the mental fuckwads and stop concentrating on the tool. But that won't fit the liberal agenda of a disarmed America. And that's why you don't see knives and bombs in the news all day, every day, and they don't idolize the bombers like they do the shooters. Have you seen a news story yet that actually blames the shooter?
I don't need to see a news story, I blame all the shooters for their actions..

Greg, we as a country aren't going to focus on the tool. It's politically unpopular and there aren't enough legislators that would. Plus we have the Dickey Amendment so it can't be studied.

GTGT is politically UNPOPULAR! Keep this in mind! I'm a liberal but I have no, or participate in no "agenda", so I don't even know what that means, but whatever it is, I'm a liberal and I'm not involved in it.

All is good for you. No one will touch your guns. Fire away bro.

Good Times Good Times

Regardless, in my state there are other fish to fry. We have teachers that are bearing the brunt of a state legislature created 33B$ unfunded pension crisis that the teachers are going to absorb and a Republican governor that will force them to absorb it while simultaneously will not consider raising revenue via marijuana and expanded gaming (while people will continue to smoke weed and take their money out of the state to Ohio and Indiana).

Like I said, the gun battle is one I'm not interested in b/c it's a losing battle and I'd rather just talk about other things.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Like I said, the gun battle is one I'm not interested in b/c it's a losing battle and I'd rather just talk about other things.
I think it's a losing battle because of reasons outlined when I created this thread. The weapon is a tiny piece of the puzzle. Going after the weapon is a weak, half assed attempt to feign interest in solving the problem. The ROOT of the problem (whatever is driving kids today to want to mass murder their classmates) is being ignored. Until they want to be serious and address the ENTIRE problem, "gun control" is IMO a strawman argument. Taking the gun away doesn't take away the evil, hatred, or whatever mental condition you want to define that is at the core of these acts.

And to a point GregT made, kids had access to all kinds of guns when I was a kid (born in 75), maybe more/easier access, yet nobody was shooting up schools when I was a student. What changed? It wasn't the guns.