The elephant in the room; discussion

Scolai

Typos in the previous message are a result of using a phone for internet posting. I will fix them when I am back on a computer.:mad:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MY THOUGHT IS, IF A TEACHER TAKES SOME FORM OF TEST TO SEE IF THEY ARE MENTALY CAPABLE OF BEING ARMED, IF THEY FAIL THAT TEST, HOW CAN THEY STAY A TEACHER? AND IF A TEACHER GETS A GUN, IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME EVERYONE WILL KNOW. NOW THE GUY THAT CANT BUY ONE, WILL JUST TAKE IT FROM THE TEACHER.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's book "On Killing" is required reading for anyone who wants to talk intelligently about arming teachers (or other non-LEO/military members of society). He writes extensively about the difficulty of close-quarters killing.

Another consideration is the damage having a weapon will do to teacher/student relationships. A teacher with a gun is far less approachable to students (most students, anyway), making it more difficult to maximize the teacher/student relationship.

Justna thought.
Armed teachers should be random and unknown to everyone but administrators and those who carry the guns.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO, THAT IT WOULD GET OUT WHO IS CARRYING. IF THEY ARENT WEARING IT ON THEIR HIP, WHAT GOOD IS IT?

livespive

You lost me on this one, but it is early.

What does the test for a gun have to do with teaching?
The guy that can't buy the gun, is this a fellow teacher?

As far as that goes, I say there should be a process. IN the armory at the local police station the teachers would check their guns in and out each day, or either the principal stops by and picks up and drops off the lock box, and the teachers get the guns from the principal.

MY THOUGHT IS, IF A TEACHER TAKES SOME FORM OF TEST TO SEE IF THEY ARE MENTALY CAPABLE OF BEING ARMED, IF THEY FAIL THAT TEST, HOW CAN THEY STAY A TEACHER? AND IF A TEACHER GETS A GUN, IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME EVERYONE WILL KNOW. NOW THE GUY THAT CANT BUY ONE, WILL JUST TAKE IT FROM THE TEACHER.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO, THAT IT WOULD GET OUT WHO IS CARRYING. IF THEY ARENT WEARING IT ON THEIR HIP, WHAT GOOD IS IT?
The idea is to rotate a few on every floor or section of the building so that the info does not get out.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's book "On Killing" is required reading for anyone who wants to talk intelligently about arming teachers (or other non-LEO/military members of society). He writes extensively about the difficulty of close-quarters killing.

Another consideration is the damage having a weapon will do to teacher/student relationships. A teacher with a gun is far less approachable to students (most students, anyway), making it more difficult to maximize the teacher/student relationship.

Justna thought.
Never thought about the student, teacher relationship. That is something to think about.
Whatever happens it won't be easy, this is a difficult situation. It just might be what works in one part of the country won't work in a another .

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MY THOUGHT THERE WAS LIVE, IF A TEACHER IS FOUND NOT COMPETENT TO CARRY, WHAT WAS THE REASON? ARE PARENTS THEN GOING TO SAY ARE THEY CAPABLE OF TEACHING MY KIDS PROPERLY? THAT COULD BE A MAJOR SLIPPERY SLOPE.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MAYBE THE FOLKS INVOLVED IN THE 700K ARE JUST SAVING THEIR KIDS FROM BEING MASSACRED AT SCHOOL, CHURCH, CONCERTS.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YES SEVEN , THAT IS SPOT ON. THERE ARE SCHOOLS IN CERTAIN PARTS OF DALLAS THAT TEACHERS ARE ATTACKED PHYSICALLY AND VERBALLY ON A DAILY BASES. NOT A GOOD LOCATION FOR A TEACHER TO HAVE A GUN.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND GT HAS SAID IT MANY TIMES, NOTHING WILL BE DONE. IN 6 MONTHS WE WILL BE HAVING THIS THREAD STARTED OVER BECAUSE OF 2 OR 3 MORE SHOOTINGS. WE JUST HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT FOR NOW.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
MY THOUGHT THERE WAS LIVE, IF A TEACHER IS FOUND NOT COMPETENT TO CARRY, WHAT WAS THE REASON? ARE PARENTS THEN GOING TO SAY ARE THEY CAPABLE OF TEACHING MY KIDS PROPERLY? THAT COULD BE A MAJOR SLIPPERY SLOPE.
Why would that need to be in the public domain? If someone is unfit, ex-felon, whatever, it's nobody's business. AND, nobody should know who is packing for the week.

livespive

Right and if they have mental issues like depression, teaching just might be the outlet.

Why would that need to be in the public domain? If someone is unfit, ex-felon, whatever, it's nobody's business. AND, nobody should know who is packing for the week.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT ENOUGH TEACHERS TO ROTATE G. TO MANY WONT WANT THE GUN, SOME MAY NOT PASS THE TESTS, SOME WOULD NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DO THE TRAINING, SOME COULD NOT KEEP IT SECRET AND I GUARANTEE THE PARENTS WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHO IS AND ISNT CARRYING. AND YES, IT IS THEIR BUSINESS. AND WHO WOULD PAY FOR SAID TRAINING? AND MENTAL EXAMS? AND THE INSURANCE THE SCHOOLS WOULD HAVE TO START PAYING FOR WEAPONS ON SITE? AND WHAT POLICE STATION WOULD WANT TO DEAL WITH STORING AND BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR SAID GUNS? SHIT COMES UP MISSING FROM THEIR PROPERTY / ARMORY ROOMS ALL THE TIME. AND WHAT BAD GUY MIGHT BE WAITING ON THAT PRINCIPLE AT SCHOOL KNOWING HE IS BRINGING GUNS AND AMMO?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
EVERY ONE OF THOSE REASONS SHOULD BE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE FOR A TEACHER G!
Nope. Absolutely not. We don't need parents attacking "retarded" teachers when their kid is too fucking lazy to score over D- in a class.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
NOT ENOUGH TEACHERS TO ROTATE G. TO MANY WONT WANT THE GUN, SOME MAY NOT PASS THE TESTS, SOME WOULD NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DO THE TRAINING, SOME COULD NOT KEEP IT SECRET AND I GUARANTEE THE PARENTS WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHO IS AND ISNT CARRYING. AND YES, IT IS THEIR BUSINESS. AND WHO WOULD PAY FOR SAID TRAINING? AND MENTAL EXAMS? AND THE INSURANCE THE SCHOOLS WOULD HAVE TO START PAYING FOR WEAPONS ON SITE? AND WHAT POLICE STATION WOULD WANT TO DEAL WITH STORING AND BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR SAID GUNS? SHIT COMES UP MISSING FROM THEIR PROPERTY / ARMORY ROOMS ALL THE TIME. AND WHAT BAD GUY MIGHT BE WAITING ON THAT PRINCIPLE AT SCHOOL KNOWING HE IS BRINGING GUNS AND AMMO?
You have no way of knowing any of that. And if a school doesn't enough staff to carry then we can use national guard.