The first domino has finally been played...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WELL, CHARGES HAVE BEEN BROUGHT, SO HE IS IMPEACHED. THE CHARGES FILED AGAINST HIM ARE HIGH CRIMES UNDER THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION. THE ONLY PAPERS TURNED OVER TO THE SENATE ARE THE ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT. THE SENATE WILL DETERMINE IF HE STAYS OR IF HE GOES. AND YES, THE SENATE WILL VOTE AQUITTAL. BUT, TRUMP WILL BE LISTED AS AN IMPEACHED PRESIDENT, NO MATER THE RULING OF THE SENATE.
Not until the papers are filed. You can fill out an application for a drivers license 100 times, but you won;t get one until you turn them in. And, I don;t know where you got your info, but I watched a constitutional lawyer on TV tonight who clearly stated the charges Trump is facing are NOT criminal in nature. Therefore, LEGALLY, there are no crimes which means there is no impeachment. AND, he also said that IF these papers are submitted to the senate, Pelosi and Schiff are open to prosecution for their roles in an illegal impeachment.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY G, BUT I FOUND MANY ARTICLES ON THIS SUBJECT. BUT THE BIGGIE IS, I READ THE CONSTITUTION PERTAINING TO IMPEACHMENT. AND IT SAYS WHAT I "QUOTED". THE CRIMES HE IS CHARGED WITH, UNDER DEFINITION OF HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS, ARE THAT A PERSON IN HIS POSITION IS HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN MOST PEOPLE. SO EVEN THOUGH YOU NOR I MIGHT BE CHARGED WITH SUCH A CRIME, THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. CAN BE. SO NOT BEING CRIMINAL IN NATURE FOR YOU AND ME, NOT SO FOR THE PRESIDENT.

FILING FOR A DRIVERS LICENSE IS NOT A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. BEING CHARGED FOR MURDER IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. ONCE YOU ARE CHARGED, THEN THERE IS A TRIAL TO PROVE IT SO OR NOT SO. HE IS IMPEACHED, NOW THE TRIAL TO PROVE IT SO OR NOT SO.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
"BUT ONCE IMPEACHED, HE OR SHE MUST STAND TRIAL ON THOSE CHARGES IN THE SENATE.
Dear WAMO:

The House may have DISCUSSED and MADE CONCLUSION on charges, but their can't be a legal trial until charges have been presented to the Senate -- and obviously, that hasn't happened.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
SORRY G, BUT I FOUND MANY ARTICLES ON THIS SUBJECT. BUT THE BIGGIE IS, I READ THE CONSTITUTION PERTAINING TO IMPEACHMENT. AND IT SAYS WHAT I "QUOTED". THE CRIMES HE IS CHARGED WITH, UNDER DEFINITION OF HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS, ARE THAT A PERSON IN HIS POSITION IS HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN MOST PEOPLE. SO EVEN THOUGH YOU NOR I MIGHT BE CHARGED WITH SUCH A CRIME, THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. CAN BE. SO NOT BEING CRIMINAL IN NATURE FOR YOU AND ME, NOT SO FOR THE PRESIDENT.

FILING FOR A DRIVERS LICENSE IS NOT A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. BEING CHARGED FOR MURDER IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. ONCE YOU ARE CHARGED, THEN THERE IS A TRIAL TO PROVE IT SO OR NOT SO. HE IS IMPEACHED, NOW THE TRIAL TO PROVE IT SO OR NOT SO.
Dear WAMO:

(1) Regardless of the way YOU "read" the Constitution, the alleged Trump crimes do NOT fall under the category of "high crimes and misdemeanors."

(2) In theory, you might say that a president should be "held to a higher standard" ... BUT where is the LEGAL BASIS for that? If Person A allegedly commits murder and a president (Person B) allegedly commits a minor assault, does (or should) a president face more legal consequences because of the "higher standard" that you refer to?

(3) Obviously you're not a legal scholar. Being CHARGED for murder is a criminal offense? I a person were to CHARGE you with murder, even if you're not guilty, have you committed a criminal offense?

(4) You claim that once a person is CHARGED with a crime, there IS a trial -- but there are many instances where allegations aren't brought to trial. And if charges of criminal conduct DO go to trial, it's up to the prosecution to prove the charges, rather than the defendant to disprove the charges.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DEAR AW
NO HISTORY - BASEBALL PLAYER / BEER DRINKER. LOL

DEAR AW
YOU ARE CORRECT, NO TRIAL HAS HAPPENED, YET. BUT IMPEACHMENT HAS.

DEAR AW
(1) YES THEY DO. NOT JUST THE WAY I READ IT, BUT ALSO MANY LEGAL SCOLARS.
(2) AS YOU SAID, IM NOT A LEGAL SCOLAR, SO I CANT SAY. BUT YES, THE CONSTITUTION IMPLIES THAT. NOT ME.
(3) NO SIR, I AM NOT. NOR ARE YOU. BUT YES, IF A PROSECUTOR CHARGES YOU WITH MURDER, THAT MEANS THEY HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH A TRIAL. IF YOU DO NOT DEFEND YOURSELF, YOUR A FOOL. YOU AND G ARE RIGHT THOUGH, IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVED GUILTY, BUT THAT AINT HOW IT IS. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THAT, GO TO YOUR LOCAL JAIL AND ASK THE GUYS IN THE CELLS HOW MANY HAVE BEEN CONVICTED AND HOW MANY HAVNT SEEN A COURT ROOM YET. I THINK YOU WILL FIND MANY HAVE ONLY BEEN ARRESTED WITHOUT A TRIAL. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? AND IF YOUR INNOCENT, WHY DO YOU NEED AN ATTORNY? IF NOT TO DEFEND, THEN WHAT?
I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT WHEN YOU GO TO COURT FOR MURDER, THE FIRST THING OUT OF THE JUDGES MOUTH, "YOU ARE BEING CHARGED WITH THE CRIMNAL OFFENSE OF MURDER, HOW DO YOU PLEAD?". (FACT!)
(4) ITS CALLED PLEA BARGIN.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SCENARIO FOR YOU. PROSECUTOR SHOWS A BLOWN UP PICTURE OF YOU WITH A GUN SHOOTING SOMEONE AND KILLING THEM. ARE YOU GOING TO DEFEND YOURSELF OR JUST WALK TO PRISON?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

(1) Liberal scholars may attempt to make such a case -- especially because they hate Trump -- but law and logic don't indicate that.

(2) The Constitution may IMPLY that (your interpretation), but it doesn't STATE that.

(3) Of course, I'd defend myself, but the burden of proof is on the prosecutors!

(4) Yes, plea bargains can be an exception.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
(1) LOGIC DOES NOT ALWAYS APPLY TO LAW. I.E.: TRUMP IMPEACHMENT.
(2) IMPLY BY THE STANDARDS OF THE 1700'S. (NOT JUST MINE - MANY LAW SCOLARS - INTERPRETATION IS A BITCH)
(3) HELLO! PHOTO OF YOU DOING IT. PROVE THEM WRONG.
(4) :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SEMANTICS G. IF THAT WERE THE CASE, THE SENATE WOULD HAVE ALREADY SAID FACK CHARGE. THEY HAVE NOT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
SCENARIO FOR YOU. PROSECUTOR SHOWS A BLOWN UP PICTURE OF YOU WITH A GUN SHOOTING SOMEONE AND KILLING THEM. ARE YOU GOING TO DEFEND YOURSELF OR JUST WALK TO PRISON?
Dear WAMO:

What makes you think that I (or anyone) wouldn't defend against the charges? But first, the charges have to be presented with the burden of proof on the plaintiff (prosecutor), and in the impeachment case, no charges have been presented, even though they have been voted upon.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
My understanding was his crime was obstruction of Justice. That is a crime.
Dear Djarum300:

The second impeachment count is, more accurately, obstruction of Congress. But that article of impeachment doesn't actually specify a crime -- let alone a HIGH CRIME!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
SEMANTICS G. IF THAT WERE THE CASE, THE SENATE WOULD HAVE ALREADY SAID FACK CHARGE. THEY HAVE NOT.
Dear WAMO:

As it stands, the Senate doesn't have to do anything because no charges have been presented to that chamber as yet.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THEY HAVE A PICTURE! OR DID YOU OVERLOOK THAT PART SIR?

ANY CRIME THEY LEVY IS A HIGH CRIME AGAINST ANYONE WITH THAT KIND OF POWER.

THAT IS RIGHT AW. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN TURNED OVER TO THE SENATE, BUT THEY ARE CHARGES NONE THE LESS. THEREFOR, IMPEACHMENT DOES EXIST AT THIS TIME.