The Wall

Good Times Good Times

I've been thinking about the wall (not the Pink Floyd album) lately from a political strategist POV.

It seems Trump wants the wall because it will be a monument to him and his presidency. That's all. He doesn't care if it works, how much it costs or if it is complete. He wants a large concrete reminder that he existed.

Which leads me to thinking......if the Dems were smart (they aren't) they would agree in lockstep to vote in favor of building the wall as soon as Trump provides evidence that it has been funded by Mexico as he promised, and repeat this over and over again every time the subject is broached.

Would it be accurate to believe Republicans don’t actually care if Mexico pays for it, they are fine with any amount of government spending that ****s over brown people? It seems like "Mexico paying for it" is just racist flavor text. Maybe I'm wrong.....

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
That's bullshit and you know it. Funny how 10 or 12 years ago all the democrats were screaming about the illegals flooding in and how they needed to be stopped. How we needed more border security, etc. Now that it took a republican to do it they're finding ways to sabotage the plan and ridicule it.

Good Times Good Times

Do you all think the Dems should agree in lockstep to fund the wall when Trump provided evidence Mexico is paying for it?

That seems fair to me......

Last edited:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Do you all think the Dems should agree in lockstep to fund the wall when Trump provided evidence Mexico is paying for it?

That seems fair to me......
The wall will be paid either directly or indirectly by Mexico. Trump gave the trade deficit numbers the other day. We are at a 71 Billion disadvantage in trade agreements with Mexico, and the wall is estimated at 21 billion. Doesn't take a genius to figure out how the money will come in.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The only problem is the wall won't stop anything. Might slow them down a little, but overall the impact will be nil. The root problem will still exist - Mexico has a large number of very poor people with little to no options for creating a better / good life for themselves there. America is very close, and has plenty of opportunity for work and at least provides a chance for their children to have a better life.

Until that dynamic changes, we're still going to face this problem. I don't believe for a minute the majority of Mexicans are risking their children's lives (and their own), or are breaking up their families to send the kids here (again at great risk) just to screw over the US and get freebies. I can't imagine how bad it must be down there for people to go the lengths some do to get here.

If things were satisfactory at home, they wouldn't be coming here.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE PROBLEM IS 9, MOST OF THEM DO COME OVER HERE BECAUSE THEY CAN GET FREEBIES AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM. I THINK IF THEY GET CAUGHT, WE SHOULD FIND THEM JOBS MAKING $5 AN HOUR. THATS STILL BETTER THAN IN MEXICO.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Right. Kill a human being who wants to be able to feed his family. Dammit, Greg. You’re better than this bullshit rhetoric you post.
I may have been at one time. I'm sick to fucking death of squeaking by on SS and my meager supplement, still having to pay for insurance and all the other necessities of life when all those fucking leather neck motherfuckers slide over here and get free everything plus food stamps and three times the income I get after busting my body up for 48 years working. Fire one warning shot as they try to cross and if the don't turn around make the next one count.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
KILLING A HUMAN BEING WHO JUST WANTS TO FEED HIS FAMILY! MOST OF THOSE HUMAN BEINGS ARE COMING OVER HERE TO ROB US. WHETHER IT BE IN PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, STEALING JOBS FROM LEGAL CITIZENS, NOT PAYING TAXES AND ON AND ON. THEY ARE ROBBING AND STEALING FROM US ON A DAILY BASIS. IF THEY WANT TO BETTER THERE LIVES, STAY WHERE THEY ARE AND HELP MAKE THEIR COUNTRY BETTER. AND INSTILL THAT TRAIT IN THEIR KIDS INSTEAD OF TEACHING THEM TO BREAK INTO AMERICA WHERE THEY CAN STEAL AND ROB.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Fire one warning shot as they try to cross and if the don't turn around make the next one count.
... and that (or similar things) is what happens when someone attempts to illegally cross the border into many other nations of the world.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Right. Kill a human being who wants to be able to feed his family. Dammit, Greg. You’re better than this bullshit rhetoric you post.
Feed their family in Mexico... Move here if they wish, but do so in an organized legal manner. Some make it sound like Mexico is a leper colony or maybe something like the original "Andromeda Strain" movie that cannot be inhabited by humans. All this bleeding heart liberal hypocrisy makes no sense. Must legal Americans give up their seat and go to the back of the bus? Mexico has a big back yard full of problems that need to be cleaned up. Mexico should not be able to throw years of neglect and political mismanagement on the shoulders of the American people to filter out and launder.

I worked in respiratory healthcare for many years and it is AMAZING how much we GAVE AWAY to invaders. Our healthcare, educational system, legal system, and food supply has been hijacked.

And toolguru don't give me that, "you're bigot racist" bullshit. I am married to a minority from a foreign country. She came here legally to escape Communism and is now an AMERICAN citizen. Oh, and get this- her mother was a slave. That's right- she was a child slave.

You make me sick. Damn you.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Face it. The Democrats' priority is VOTES.

They only care about legal Americans when they ask for their VOTES, and they do care about illegals in hopes of receiving their VOTES in the future.