Voting....

MI2AZ

Dear MI2AZ:

True enough ... BUT even so, there's a small percentage of registered Republicans in each of those districts, and what are the odds that EVERY ONE OF THEM either stayed home or decided to vote for Obama?

All I can do is point you back to that article:

Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, said Trump pointing to these voting anomalies as evidence of “rigged” elections is “a laughable and even irresponsible allegation.”

“With no evidence at all, Trump is charging — in advance of the election — that if he loses, it might well be because the election is rigged. Puh-leaze,” Sabato told us via email. “The precincts that gave Romney no votes or very few votes were nearly all-minority. President Obama received 93 percent of the African-American vote, according to the national exit poll, while Romney received 6 percent. With that kind of backing for Obama, it is almost inevitable that some black precincts would show 100 percent backing for him.”

In 2008, Jonathan Rodden, a political science professor at Stanford and a fellow at the right-leaning Hoover Institution, collected precinct-level results for more than 165,000 precincts in all states (except Oregon).

Rodden told us he found there were more than 1,600 precincts around the country in which Obama received 100% of the vote.

“Virtually all of them were in dense city centers populated overwhelmingly by minorities,” Rodden told us via email. “This phenomenon was not limited to one or two cities — it happened in cities throughout the country. Either vote fraud took place in virtually every major city, or the Republican candidate simply performed poorly in city centers. I’m pretty comfortable with the latter interpretation!”

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/voting-conspiracies/

Claim: In 59 voting districts in the Philadelphia region, Obama received 100% of the votes with not even a single vote recorded for Romney. (A mathematical and statistical impossibility).

It’s not mathematically impossible. The 59 districts are in areas of the city that are mainly African American, as the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. And Obama received 93 percent of the black vote nationwide.

In 2008, Obama received 100 percent of the vote in 57 districts in Philadelphia. So it was not that unusual that something similar happened this time around. In fact, Inquirer reporters had a tough time tracking down any registered Republicans in these areas.

To be clear, these districts make up a small subset of all of Philadelphia. The 59 that went 100 percent for Obama in 2012 constitute 19,605 votes, just 3 percent of the total votes cast in the city.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I repeat ... Is it within any statistical probability/possibility that you could get 19,605 people to agree on ANYTHING? And I mean ANYTHING?

Out of 19,605 votes cast, is it even logical that not one of the voters accidentally checked the wrong box or pulled the wrong lever?

MI2AZ

I repeat ... Is it within any statistical probability/possibility that you could get 19,605 people to agree on ANYTHING? And I mean ANYTHING?
If you had questioned the population of the American concentration camps in 1944, could you have gotten that many to agree that they were American citizens being wrongly imprisoned just because of their race?

livespive

Not that I would say that is the case, but there were people on the right that said that they were voting for him,
either because he was black, or they wanted change. so depending on how small the Rep minority was it
might not be out of the realm of possibility. As mentioned especially in locations that were so lopsided to begin with.

Dear MI2AZ:

True enough ... BUT even so, there's a small percentage of registered Republicans in each of those districts, and what are the odds that EVERY ONE OF THEM either stayed home or decided to vote for Obama?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Not that I would say that is the case, but there were people on the right that said that they were voting for him,
either because he was black, or they wanted change. so depending on how small the Rep minority was it
might not be out of the realm of possibility. As mentioned especially in locations that were so lopsided to begin with.
Dear livespive:

If you are correct in your assumption that Romney got no votes in so many Philadelphia and Cleveland precincts, would you at least conclude that those results imply RACISM TO THE MAXIMUM?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
If you had questioned the population of the American concentration camps in 1944, could you have gotten that many to agree that they were American citizens being wrongly imprisoned just because of their race?
Dear MI2AZ:

There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between the potential "results" of your hypothetical question and voting a secret ballot.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THAT WHITE PERSON COMING OUT OF THE BUILDING WAS SENT TO GET COFFEE FOR THE OTHER WORKERS.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear livespive:

Get real. If someone arranged for 19,000 people to go to a polling place and told/ordered all of them to vote for a certain candidate, there would be at least a few who would accidentally fill in the wrong circle or pull the wrong lever. After all, in the disputed 2000 presidential election, all sorts of improper and/or stupid voting took place in Florida, and some people even "voted" for two or more candidates.

livespive

That might, or might not be true, but we are dealing with hypotheticals.

Dear livespive:

Get real. If someone arranged for 19,000 people to go to a polling place and told/ordered all of them to vote for a certain candidate, there would be at least a few who would accidentally fill in the wrong circle or pull the wrong lever. After all, in the disputed 2000 presidential election, all sorts of improper and/or stupid voting took place in Florida, and some people even "voted" for two or more candidates.

MI2AZ

Dear livespive:

Why don't you direct these questions to your local college mathematics/statistics experts who can probably provide a more qualified answer than the dopes like me on this site? I remember years ago when the workers in our shop were having a discussion/argument about whether cold or hot water would freeze fastest. We called the local college and got their answer. I think they were happy for the diversion and you may provide some for your local college. :)

Be sure to let us know what you find out.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That might, or might not be true, but we are dealing with hypotheticals.
Dear livespive:

If you believe that 19,605 people could vote the same, do you likewise believe the "hypothetical" that Robert Mushtare rolled three 900 series within a few months in one league?