Voting....

MI2AZ

Comparing the lottery (which has a fixed set of parameters) to a sport isn't the same thing, is it? I mean, my odds of hitting a homerun off a major league pitcher is close to nil, but for someone like M. Cabrera, the odds are much higher. Bowling has some variables that make the odds different for each bowler - lane conditions, weather, bowler release, ball, pins, pit area, etc and some of those could be rigged or not exactly legal. (Please note that I am in no way trying to justify He Who Shall Remain Nameless. Just trying to discuss stats or odds.)

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Comparing the lottery (which has a fixed set of parameters) to a sport isn't the same thing, is it? I mean, my odds of hitting a homerun off a major league pitcher is close to nil, but for someone like M. Cabrera, the odds are much higher.
Dear MI2AZ:

The odds would be FAR HIGHER for a professional bowler to roll a 900 series, but why has only one bowler accomplished the feat in PBA history, that being Joe Scarborough in a PBA50 regional event in 2013? No bowler has done so in a national PBA event, yet, Robert Mushtare rolled THREE 900s in one league -- even though all three were in unopposed prebowl sessions.

MI2AZ

Dear MI2AZ:

The odds would be FAR HIGHER for a professional bowler to roll a 900 series, but why has only one bowler accomplished the feat in PBA history, that being Joe Scarborough in a PBA50 regional event in 2013? No bowler has done so in a national PBA event, yet, Robert Mushtare rolled THREE 900s in one league -- even though all three were in unopposed prebowl sessions.
Again, "and some of those could be rigged or not exactly legal."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Key word "determined" because they didnt witness any of them.
Dear Greg T:

Did ANYONE witness them? Well yes. Jamie Grimm, a 150-type bowler, rolled doubles with Robbie in one of the 900s, and amazingly, Jamie rolled a 741 series that included a perfect game.

livespive

Lottery has variables too if you want to get technical.......

IF there is a sag in the power supply the fans that blow the balls (guess I should say that) don't work as well.
The box is not in a vacuum so it is humidity can come into play.

But,
That was some of the things that I was saying, if you are bowling by yourself, some of these start to tilt in your favor.

Lane condition doesn't change as quickly, and others.

Just remember this is hypothetical.

Comparing the lottery (which has a fixed set of parameters) to a sport isn't the same thing, is it? I mean, my odds of hitting a homerun off a major league pitcher is close to nil, but for someone like M. Cabrera, the odds are much higher. Bowling has some variables that make the odds different for each bowler - lane conditions, weather, bowler release, ball, pins, pit area, etc and some of those could be rigged or not exactly legal. (Please note that I am in no way trying to justify He Who Shall Remain Nameless. Just trying to discuss stats or odds.)