Voting....

MI2AZ

And here's another example:

Lottery history is full of mind-boggling examples of winners winning again.

That’s one reason the Texas Lottery never investigated Joan Ginther, who won $5.4 million in a 1993 Lotto Texas drawing and then hit it big in three scratch-off games, $2 million in Holiday Millionaire in 2006, $3 million in Millions & Millions in 2008, and $10 million in $140,000,000 Extreme Payoff in 2010.

Still, the $20.4 million she won tops not only cases involving seemingly normal players, it even beats examples involving crooks or master mathematicians.

MI2AZ

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/nation/12-people-that-won-the-lottery-more-than-once/

Apparently Kenneth Stokes of Norwood, Massachusetts doesn’t like to waste any time. While every person on this list won the lottery a number of times, they did so across different games over a span of time. Kenneth not only won the lottery twice in one day, but he won the same exact Lucky for Life game. What exactly are his winnings? Stokes will receive two payouts of $25,000 a year for the rest of his life. Stokes won’t exactly be living like a king on $50,000 a year, but he certainly won’t ever have to work again if he doesn’t feel like it. Heck, a lot of people are living on much less than that.

Virginia Fike of Virginia (weird, right?) recently pulled the lottery impossible. Virginia won the $1 Million prize twice – in the same day!

Virginia had purchased two Power Ball tickets. Each ticket had matched 5 of the 6 numbers drawn that week for Power Ball. When the numbers had been announced Virginia missed the reveal, but did see on the news that there were two $1 Million winners while she was visiting her mom in the hospital. Later, Fike went to the convenience store and handed her tickets to the clerk to check if there were anything on them. Sure enough, she held both of the winning tickets.

Just a handful of months ago, Calvin and Zatera Spencer hit it big with a $1 Million Power Ball winner, but this was only the beginning of a three-fold win streak within a three week time period. They followed up the first big win with a $50,000 prize total across 10 winning Fantasy 4 tickets just two weeks later.

On the very next day, Calvin dropped his wife off for an appointment. While waiting for the appointment to get out, Calvin bought a scratch-off ticket and won an additional $1 Million prize.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DAMN! I LIVE IN TEXAS AND NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT. BUT HAD ALL THAT HAPPENED IN A 4 MONTH PERIOD, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN AN INVESTIGATION.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In Florida, there is a man who has won seven lotteries:

The chances of winning the lottery are one in 175 million, but Florida native Richard Lustig has bucked the odds to win the grand prize seven times.
Dear MI2AZ:

With all those multiple lottery winners you (and others) have mentioned, that would make it even more difficult for others to hit the jackpot, because the odds are already heavily stacked against all lottery players.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
DUDE, I GOTA START PLAYING THE LOTTY. IT WOULD APPEAR I AM MISSING OUT. :Frown:
Dear WAMO:

Because I am more than well aware of the lottery odds, I only purchase one (or maybe) two tickets a year -- and those are just for fun, so to speak.

livespive

No,

Remember the conversation was hypothetical, you keep trying to bring it back to complete reasoning.
Just like the lotto 175 mill- to- ONE, and the guy did it 7 times in his lifetime, and he is still alive.

Once again we are talking hypothetical.

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000-to-1 Where are we in this number, it does not just apply to RM it is total.
How many bowlers are there, how many series have been bowled....

You must remember lets assume it can be done, it doesn't have to be done at the end, it could have been series #1, series 1,000,000.
Which one in your number did RM do?

Like I said, I agree with you and 9 that it probably didn't happen, but the question is could it.

Dear livespive:

What might the odds be for ONE PERSON TO HAVE ALL OF THOSE THINGS TAKE PLACE in a lifetime? Of course, by your reasoning, it could happen.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY LIVE. BASED ON THE "ASSUMPTION" THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, NOT ONLY COULD IT HAPPEN, IT DID HAPPEN. BUT IN THE CASE OF RM, WAY TO EASY TO MANIPULATE THE OUTCOME WITH NO WAY TO CHECK IT.

livespive

Right, and that's what I told AW in the beginning. I truthfully can't make the call as I could not see it.
HE opened up Pandora's box, when he told me to go with my gut.....

And it's a decent sized one :)

HEY LIVE. BASED ON THE "ASSUMPTION" THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, NOT ONLY COULD IT HAPPEN, IT DID HAPPEN. BUT IN THE CASE OF RM, WAY TO EASY TO MANIPULATE THE OUTCOME WITH NO WAY TO CHECK IT.

livespive

No, it doesn't make it more difficult the more people play. It only decreases the amount you would win if more than one person hit.

The odds are based on the numbers in the pot. The odds would be the same for each ticket.

Dear MI2AZ:

With all those multiple lottery winners you (and others) have mentioned, that would make it even more difficult for others to hit the jackpot, because the odds are already heavily stacked against all lottery players.

MI2AZ

Aren't your odds the same for each lottery even if you have won multiple times before? They don't get higher just because you won, right?

livespive

Right,

If the lotto is 175 mil to 1 the each ticket has a 175 mil to chance of being a winner.

Aren't your odds the same for each lottery even if you have won multiple times before? They don't get higher just because you won, right?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/nation/12-people-that-won-the-lottery-more-than-once/

Apparently Kenneth Stokes of Norwood, Massachusetts doesn’t like to waste any time. While every person on this list won the lottery a number of times, they did so across different games over a span of time. Kenneth not only won the lottery twice in one day, but he won the same exact Lucky for Life game. What exactly are his winnings? Stokes will receive two payouts of $25,000 a year for the rest of his life. Stokes won’t exactly be living like a king on $50,000 a year, but he certainly won’t ever have to work again if he doesn’t feel like it. Heck, a lot of people are living on much less than that.

Virginia Fike of Virginia (weird, right?) recently pulled the lottery impossible. Virginia won the $1 Million prize twice – in the same day!

Virginia had purchased two Power Ball tickets. Each ticket had matched 5 of the 6 numbers drawn that week for Power Ball. When the numbers had been announced Virginia missed the reveal, but did see on the news that there were two $1 Million winners while she was visiting her mom in the hospital. Later, Fike went to the convenience store and handed her tickets to the clerk to check if there were anything on them. Sure enough, she held both of the winning tickets.

Just a handful of months ago, Calvin and Zatera Spencer hit it big with a $1 Million Power Ball winner, but this was only the beginning of a three-fold win streak within a three week time period. They followed up the first big win with a $50,000 prize total across 10 winning Fantasy 4 tickets just two weeks later.

On the very next day, Calvin dropped his wife off for an appointment. While waiting for the appointment to get out, Calvin bought a scratch-off ticket and won an additional $1 Million prize.
Dear MI2AZ:

Based on those above-posted examples, it therefore should be relatively easy for at least one other bowler -- besides Robert Mushtare -- to achieve multiple 900 series. You'd think at least one or two professional bowlers would be able to do so, but it hasn't happened yet.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000-to-1 Where are we in this number, it does not just apply to RM it is total.
How many bowlers are there, how many series have been bowled....
Dear livespive:

Keep in mind that the 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000-to-1 odds are for TWO 900s by one individual, but Mushtare rolled THREE 900s in one league, so you'd have to add A LOT MORE ZEROS to the odds.

livespive

Yes but we still have the same question.

Dear livespive:

Keep in mind that the 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000-to-1 odds are for TWO 900s by one individual, but Mushtare rolled THREE 900s in one league, so you'd have to add A LOT MORE ZEROS to the odds.

livespive

Yeah you could call it that :) Skill luck planetary alignment.

Dear livespive:

So, may it be assumed that if Mushtare were to suddenly roll three more 900s by the end of this year, you would say that "the stars were in alignment" (or some such thing)?