NEW SHOOTING

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Like I said, fuck it. Politically, I know I'm not going to win, so again, fuck it. No laws will change, no one wants to try another route other than the status quo, so let's collectively embrace the mass violence that is happening and will continue to happen. I just wish we, as a society, didn't act like we do care. TRUMP pretty much said (I didn't say literally said) that those church people were worth the price of having guns.
Okay, as I asked WAMO. What laws SHOULD change that would have stopped this?

Good Times Good Times

These things should be no-brainers:

1. Universal background checks. All gun purchases must go through a licensed dealer who will run the check.

2. All guns must be registered with local authorities. You sell a gun, you report the sale via a dealer. Guns will be regularly inventoried.

3. All guns must be secured. Your gun gets stolen, you got some splainin' to do.

4. Prior to purchasing a gun, you must take a gun safety course. Included in this course will be how to properly secure your guns.

5. Possession of an illegal firearm should almost be life in prison. That's how you deter people from doing something.

America is too special to fix. Just like health care, we know gun laws are broken but there is very little that can be done.

We will just absorb this as a cost.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
These things should be no-brainers:

1. Universal background checks. All gun purchases must go through a licensed dealer who will run the check.

2. All guns must be registered with local authorities. You sell a gun, you report the sale via a dealer. Guns will be regularly inventoried.

3. All guns must be secured. Your gun gets stolen, you got some splainin' to do.

4. Prior to purchasing a gun, you must take a gun safety course. Included in this course will be how to properly secure your guns.

5. Possession of an illegal firearm should almost be life in prison. That's how you deter people from doing something.

America is too special to fix. Just like health care, we know gun laws are broken but there is very little that can be done.

We will just absorb this as a cost.
Nearly ALL of these are already in place. The one exception in Michigan is that you can open carry without training. CPL requires training. People without a cpl need to go to the locals for a permit, take the permit back to the dealer, take the gun back to the locals, register it, take the registration back to the dealer, he signs it and the purchaser takes the signed license back to the locals to pick up his gun. Peop-le like me with the cpl have already gone thru the riggors so we can go to the dealer and buy the gun, BUT there is still a background check on every gun. So, basically everything you just stated is a law. I repeat my question. What would you do to stop this robbery?

Good Times Good Times

Nearly ALL of these are already in place. The one exception in Michigan is that you can open carry without training. CPL requires training. People without a cpl need to go to the locals for a permit, take the permit back to the dealer, take the gun back to the locals, register it, take the registration back to the dealer, he signs it and the purchaser takes the signed license back to the locals to pick up his gun. Peop-le like me with the cpl have already gone thru the riggors so we can go to the dealer and buy the gun, BUT there is still a background check on every gun. So, basically everything you just stated is a law. I repeat my question. What would you do to stop this robbery?
#5 sure isn't.

But you're right Greg, let's do nothing about any of it. Let's just accept and absorb the human cost to keep everything as it is. Let's keep the status quo and accept gun violence as a part of our culture.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Possession of an illegal firearm in Michigan is extremely serious. If I remember correctly, firearm possession is revoked, jail time may or may not be imposed. I'm not positive on that, but I DO know it is an extremely serious offense. Never the less, the law is there. And if you have one with the serial ground off, you're fucked.

Point is, we have to attack the problem, not the tool. You don't throw away a hammer because you keep smashing your thumb. You learn how to use the hammer.

Good Times Good Times

Possession of an illegal firearm in Michigan is extremely serious. If I remember correctly, firearm possession is revoked, jail time may or may not be imposed. I'm not positive on that, but I DO know it is an extremely serious offense. Never the less, the law is there. And if you have one with the serial ground off, you're fucked.
Fair enough. Looks like most penalties are in that 4-5 year range and a $2500 penalty. To me, that needs to be like 20 years to life and a bigger fine. That's just me..

Point is, we have to attack the problem, not the tool. You don't throw away a hammer because you keep smashing your thumb. You learn how to use the hammer.
I just don't think you can equate a hammer to a gun (literally a killing machine). I know how you view them, both as tools, I simply disagree as a hammer has a logical productive intent (such as construction and things of that nature) and a gun has the sole purpose of killing.

Regardless, I'm in the acceptance phase. I just accept that we're a nature of events like Sandy Hook, Vegas and the recent Texas shooting. I just say fuck it b/c it's politically unpopular. No way 2/3 of Congress as well as the states would repeal 2A. So......we do it your way and get the consequences.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Fair enough. Looks like most penalties are in that 4-5 year range and a $2500 penalty. To me, that needs to be like 20 years to life and a bigger fine. That's just me..

I just don't think you can equate a hammer to a gun (literally a killing machine). I know how you view them, both as tools, I simply disagree as a hammer has a logical productive intent (such as construction and things of that nature) and a gun has the sole purpose of killing.

Regardless, I'm in the acceptance phase. I just accept that we're a nature of events like Sandy Hook, Vegas and the recent Texas shooting. I just say fuck it b/c it's politically unpopular. No way 2/3 of Congress as well as the states would repeal 2A. So......we do it your way and get the consequences.
I'm not trying to equate a hammer with a gun. Not at all. It's a metaphor. Same as; when a mechanic doesn't fix your car properly, you don't blame his tools. A gun is a tool regardless of anyone's opinion because guns do not kill. I've had 5 or 6 guns in my house for many years, so either they're harmless on their own, or mine are defective because they've never killed anyone. I've had a Glock 19 fully loaded with +P hollow points for 15 years. Hasn't fired a single shot yet. Do you just MAYBE think the problem is mental health rather than guns?

Good Times Good Times

Do you just MAYBE think the problem is mental health rather than guns?
Do you honestly believe that I think mental health has no role to play in this? A mentally ill person (or really any person) is much more a threat to a person or group of people with a gun than with a knife.

I'll take my chances against a person with a specific tool with bad intentions vs other specific tools.

Again, I'm not so insecure in our society to where I have to constantly walk around carrying a tool built to kill "because fear".

Last edited:

Good Times Good Times

I think at this point I'm going to step-out and digress. The weekend is calling and I feel like we've exhausted this debate...I appreciate the back and forth.

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I think at this point I'm going to step-out and digress. The weekend is calling and I feel like we've exhausted this debate...I appreciate the back and forth.

Have a great weekend everyone. :)
Hope you've got a better forecast than I. 1° this morning and high of 24° all weekend.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS WHAT I HAVE SAID ALL ALONG GT. A KNIFE, A BAT, A HAMMER, A SOCK WITH A ROCK, NOT MUCH OF A CHANCE OF 26 PEOPLE DYING IN 1 INCIDENT.
DAMN G! IT WAS AROUND 70 IN DALLAS TODAY. LAST WEEKEND IT GOT IN THE 90'S! IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
COME ON G. BEING A; COP, GANG MEMBER, DRUG DEALER, 13 YEAR OLD PLAYING WITH A GUN THAT DISCHARGES OR ANY OTHER BAD SITUATION, DOES NOT MAKE THEM MENTALLY UNSTABLE. AGAIN, I DONT HAVE THE ANSWERS BUT GT HAD SOME GOOD START IDEAS.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YEAH LIVE, THEY HAVE ALREADY ARRESTED HIM. HE LIVED IN THE HOOD. PEOPLE TURNED HIM IN FROM THE VIDEO.
SIZE 15! YOU MAY NEED A CROWBAR FOR THAT ONE!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
THATS WHAT I HAVE SAID ALL ALONG GT. A KNIFE, A BAT, A HAMMER, A SOCK WITH A ROCK, NOT MUCH OF A CHANCE OF 26 PEOPLE DYING IN 1 INCIDENT.
DAMN G! IT WAS AROUND 70 IN DALLAS TODAY. LAST WEEKEND IT GOT IN THE 90'S! IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!
A bomb, gasoline, diesel, matches, etc. MANY more lives than a gun. Gonna ban them too?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Hope you've got a better forecast than I. 1° this morning and high of 24° all weekend.
On the contrary, every day in November so far, the high temperature has been in the low 80s, and the low has ranged from 62 to 68, and nothing is different in the upcoming 10-day forecast.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
On the contrary, every day in November so far, the high temperature has been in the low 80s, and the low has ranged from 62 to 68, and nothing is different in the upcoming 10-day forecast.
Sucks to be you!! I even get to go out and shovel my yard today!! So there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!