NEW SHOOTING

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
You can debate this all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that if the Air Force didn't do a there job he wouldn't have been able to get a gun legally.
They dropped the ball, enforce the laws on the books and this wouldn't have happend.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
If you want your gun and are okay with children and babies being the price then fine. You are winning.
I have issues with arguments that include stuff like this. No responsible gun owner that I've ever talked to is fine with this. The argument always, always, tries to paint gun owners as trigger happy insecure retards that just can't wait to kill everything that moves. It's disgusting and quite frankly, triggers me a bit.

No responsible gun owner ever wants to be put in a position where they would have to use their weapon on another person. No responsible gun owner wants innocent people, adults or children, to get hurt. Reaponsible gun owners do not like criminals having guns, and do not approve of nor generally do they like irresponsible gun owners and all the headaches those idiots cause the rest of us.

Responsible gun owners respect the weapon and its capability at all times. We enjoy shooting the guns at targets, or hunting for food (I've never agreed with trophy hunting - at least eat what you kill and don't waste good meat.) Some responsible gun owners just enjoy the hobby, the different weapons, ammo, and accessories, much like bowlers fawn over the specs of coverstocks, core shapes, top weights, cg's (do they even matter?) and the latest doo-dads. RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS ARE NOT EVIL MONSTERS HELLBENT ON DEATH AND DESTRUCTION just because they support the 2A and private gun ownership.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I will concede some points GTGT made are worth discussing. I am amazed that a retailer has strict guidelines set forth by the BATF to sell weapons, but I don't have. Once I have the gun, I can sell it to anyone at any time, no questions asked. What is the point of registering the firearm the first time if nobody after me has to?

Gun shows - I have heard it is not required to do background checks at gun shows (more accurately is that laws vary from state to state). Why not? I agree that if Wal Mart has to track and register every gun they sell, any individual should have to do the same - or the transaction should be handled by a retailer or specific business that would complete firearm sales/transfers between private parties.

Outside of that, simply follow and enforce the existing laws and procedures.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY 9, HOW ABOUT HAVING TO GO THRU A GUN DEALER TO BUY OR SELL A GUN? AND WHO DECIDES WHO IS AND ISNT RESPONSIBLE?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Now that I've calmed down a bit, I will concede some points GTGT made are worth discussing. I am amazed that a retailer has strict guidelines set forth by the BATF to sell weapons, but I don't have. Once I have the gun, I can sell it to anyone at any time, no questions asked. What is the point of registering the firearm the first time if nobody after me has to?

Gun shows - I have heard it is not required to do background checks at gun shows (more accurately is that laws vary from state to state). Why not? I agree that if Wal Mart has to track and register every gun they sell, any individual should have to do the same - or the transaction should be handled by a retailer or specific business that would complete firearm sales/transfers between private parties.

Outside of that, simply follow and enforce the existing laws and procedures.
Anybody who sells a gun without having the purchaser transfer the ownership with authorities is an idiot. If that gun gets used in a crime, the registered owner goes to prison. I've sold a few. I went WITH the purchaser and had the weapon registration transfered. It's the way it's done. And this bullshit about gun shows?? BULLSHIT. Not here. Rifles may be sold. NOT hand guns. Hnad guns can only be sold by FFL holders and background checks are made on the spot.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
GregT - why not rifles? Handguns don't concern me as much. Few people (are there any?) plan/carry out a mass shooting situation with a pistol.

WAMO - no decision necessary. The unresponsible will out themselves.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
GregT - why not rifles? Handguns don't concern me as much. Few people (are there any?) plan/carry out a mass shooting situation with a pistol.

WAMO - no decision necessary. The unresponsible will out themselves.
There's no registration required for rifles. Quick phone bacground check is all. Most likely because you can't hide one.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DONT THINK HE JUST CARRIED THEM IN. PASSING 100'S OF PEOPLE WALKING IN AND NOONE SAID ANYTHING? THEY WERE DEFINITELY HIDDEN FROM SIGHT.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HE DOESNT LOOK THAT BIG. BUT NOONE ELSE SAW THEM. INDICATING THEY WERE HIDDEN FROM SIGHT.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
HE DOESNT LOOK THAT BIG. BUT NOONE ELSE SAW THEM. INDICATING THEY WERE HIDDEN FROM SIGHT.
He totally avoided the security cams. So, how can you tell if they were hidden? Anyhow, it's beside the point. He was in possession of firearms illegally and it has nothing to do with the guns. The guns didn't force him to take possession and shoot.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF HE HADNT HIDDEN THEM, PEOPLE WOULD TOTALLY BE TAKING PICTURES AND PUTTING THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA. IF THE GUNS WERE NOT AVAILABLE, 56 PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE. WITHOUT GUNS, HE HAD NO BALLS. THE GUNS GAVE HIM THE BALLS TO DO IT, THUS, GUNS MADE HIM A KILLER.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
IF HE HADNT HIDDEN THEM, PEOPLE WOULD TOTALLY BE TAKING PICTURES AND PUTTING THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA. IF THE GUNS WERE NOT AVAILABLE, 56 PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE. WITHOUT GUNS, HE HAD NO BALLS. THE GUNS GAVE HIM THE BALLS TO DO IT, THUS, GUNS MADE HIM A KILLER.
facepalm_227789.jpg

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
AND ANOTHER SHOOTING IN CALIFORNIA. YEP, NO NEED FOR SOME FORM OF GUN CONTROL.
Sorry, but California has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. You know....it's hard to believe, but sometimes criminals don't obey the laws.